PDA

View Full Version : Gauging Interest: We Be Goblins! (PFS Sanctioned Module)

Rivver
December 28th, 2014, 14:01
While trawling the Paizo website for free PFS stuff to try, I came across We Be Goblins! sanctioned module and figured that, as gobo's are awesome, it would be a laugh to run.

For those unaware (as I was) santioned modules will give a PFS chronicle sheet as normal and they do have xp, pp and gold rewards to fit into the PFS wealth/level thingymabob. In this case, the module would give players a chronicle sheet they could apply to their favourite L1-2 character gaining them 1xp, 1pp and some gold for running around as a gobo for a few hours.

Because there are no legal goblin pc characters in PFS, you would have to play a pregen gobo for the module, of which there are 4, so I'm going to go with 4 players, ya' know, cos' otherwise there'd be more characters. Oh, it is noted in the PFS rulesheet that:

Since all PCs in this adventure are pregenerated characters, no conditions (including death) carry beyond the end of a module to the real PCs to whom the module’s Chronicle sheet is applied. Likewise, any wealth spent or resources expended during the course of the adventure are considered unspent upon the module’s completion. which is nice :)

Please bear in mind, I like the comedic side of gobos so this will likely come across in game (if it hasn't already in this post) ;)

So, anyone up for some goblin mayhem?

Farnaby
December 28th, 2014, 18:34
Love to but I've Dm'd this one and know too much.
It's a lot of fun for the players.

Also you can get more pregens that people have created on the paizo messageboard here (https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2mpx8?We-Be-Goblins-Your-Alternate-Pregenerated#1).

xazil
December 28th, 2014, 21:34
I am aware of this one, but haven't actually run it (or read through it). Ill come along if it fits in with all the other stuff going on. :)

Malkavian_Andi
December 28th, 2014, 21:58
I have already run and played it, but I'd be interested in playing if I can make it.

btw, there actually are legal goblin characters in PFS (or at least there have been). They were rare race boons given out at (I think) Gen Con a few years ago. I've read on the paizo forum that most of them are probably dead by now. And Mike Brock has no plans to create more goblin boons in the future, so luckily there's "We be Goblins!".

Also, look for "We be Goblins too!", which is basically the sequel and it's free as well. (but being Tier 3, it's not replayable like "We be Goblins!" is.)

Rivver
December 28th, 2014, 23:46
Farnaby - It's your call but if I bowed out of games just because I've run them in the past, I'd be a lot more lacking in games ;). As you've run it before, how many players did you run with?

Xaxil - Most likely it will be on a Friday or Saturday night 7-8pm GMT, but I'll sort out an actual time when I know I have the players. It might be possible for me to run at an earlier time on Monday's or Thursdays, but I won't know that for sure until later in January.

Malkavian_Andi - I saw WBG2, I've downloaded both the goblin modules as I am sticking to free stuff till I decide whether to become a permanent/semi-permanent GM on FG. As you've run it before, how many players did you run with?

Farnaby
December 28th, 2014, 23:49
I ran it with 5. It worked out well.

Trueshots
December 29th, 2014, 04:59
I've actually never done these and would love too. It's gotta be fun to play these little boogers!

Victor
December 29th, 2014, 09:00
I'm game!

Rivver
December 29th, 2014, 10:25
Looks like I'm running this then. It'll be some time later in January but I'll keep you posted.

Malkavian_Andi
December 29th, 2014, 10:40
I mostly ran it with 4, sometimes 5. With 5, you'll have to use one of the pregens twice (maybe give the clone a slightly different name to avoid confusion), but it works out quite well.

cmdisc
December 29th, 2014, 13:22
I've actually never done these and would love too. It's gotta be fun to play these little boogers!

It's a blast! Quite literally sometimes too. I've not played WBG yet (I tend to shy away from modules as opposed to scenarios as they seem to dock you PPs for some reason), but I had a chance to play WBGT and it was really fun. A chance to be mischievously evil and sinister without actually being cruel or cold-blooded.