PDA

View Full Version : Ambush in Absalom - A Pathfinder society Quest for tier 1–5

Rivver
December 28th, 2014, 01:16
Ok guys, I said I'd run another so here I am.

Your mission should you choose to accept it, is to rescue an unlucky young Pathfinder who's gotten himself lost in the Sewers beneath Absalom with a very important message that VC Valsin wants delivering.

Game Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=1315)

I've put up two possible times for play. The 2nd works better for me than the 9th, but I should be able to manage both. If the worst happens and I can't make the 9th, we'll check out new times, but please, choose the 2nd ;)

Rivver

xazil
December 28th, 2014, 01:35
The actually the 8th works as I have a game on the 2nd already. Able to come with a level 4 druid or I might bring my samurai if playing lower tier if that day goes forth. If the 2nd, then I'll bow out.

Blackfoot
December 28th, 2014, 03:53
This is of course a 'Quest' rather than a scenario so the credit is different.. but I've wanted to try it since it came out so count me in! :)
I'm playing in xazil's game on the 2nd so the second date is the only one that works for me as well.

xazil
December 28th, 2014, 04:10
Quests are a fair amount shorter aren't they?

HoloGnome
December 28th, 2014, 04:45
I'd like to play (Drakon or Zan, depending on tier) - what is the quest credit?

kwarner1986
December 28th, 2014, 07:04
I'm in, I have a nice range of characters

Level 4 Rebecca - The Support
Level 3 Diana - The Melee Damage
Level 2 Evelyn - Ice Sorceress "No the cold doesn't bother her."
Level 1 Archer - Range Damage
Level 1 Victoria - The Department of Intelligence

Victor
December 28th, 2014, 07:18
Count Coburn in. What's a quest? :)
Also voting for the 8th. Later start times for the Friday games wouldn't hurt either, for xazil and me.

Rivver
December 28th, 2014, 12:21
Quests are really short. They give no xp, gold or pp but grant you a one off boon for completing it. If people would prefer me to run a scenario instead then I will be willing to run something else.

Blackfoot
December 28th, 2014, 13:03
The quest is great... I'm interested to see how it goes.

Farnaby
December 28th, 2014, 13:49
I'll put myself on the list in the hope someone drops out. :o

Rivver
December 28th, 2014, 14:07
If I get enough people, I can probably run it more than once on that date as it will only take a couple of hours to run. If not, I'll run it again sometime.

kwarner1986
January 5th, 2015, 20:31
I have to drop my daytime commitments, so I will have to resign out of this game.

Blackfoot
January 5th, 2015, 21:15
I don't see any character info other than some vague stuff. I have quite a few options as to who to bring to this.

xazil
January 5th, 2015, 21:50
I also. If its level 1-2 I have a samurai, an archer or a support cleric. For 4-5 I have a melee druid.

Rivver
January 5th, 2015, 21:54
I have it prepped for either tier so I am easy with whatever you choose to bring. I suggest you agree among yourselves and I'll run accordingly ;)

Blackfoot
January 6th, 2015, 01:21
Typically folks post up their characters.. but that doesn't seem to be forthcoming for some reason.
Fine.. I'll commit then if the rest of the folks won't... Victor and Cloudancer seem to be going with level 1's... so that leaves 1-3 characters as options.
Hmmm... which one...
Blackfoot the Wolf - Male Half-Orc Ranger/2.0
Grum the Thug - Male Half-orc Rogue (Thug)/3.1
Iggy Toymaker - Male Dwarf Alchemist/2.2
Daydrocandri - Male Gnome Oracle/3.0
Thumpinollo - Male Gnome Sacred Shield Paladin/2.2
Brom of the Stone - Male Dwarf Druid (Menhir Savant)/2.0
Pugnacious Twiddlebury - Male Gnome Summoner/2.1
Spirit Walker - Male Gnome Spirit Totem Barbarian/3.1
Pyros of the Inferno - Male Ifrit Cleric/1.2
Alphonso Marosi - Male Ifrit Swashbuckler/1.1
Thoom - Male Oread Monk of the Sacred Mountain/2.0
Lucky the Archaeologist - Male Halfling Archaeologist/1.1

Hmm.. maybe I'll go with Lucky... or Pyros... Pyros.
I'll post his character info up shortly.

Victor
January 6th, 2015, 01:47
Sorry wasn't keeping up with this thread. I will bring Coburn level 2 Warpriest.

xazil
January 6th, 2015, 02:14
I'll bring my newbie samurai. - Haplo of the Scrolls.

Blackfoot
January 6th, 2015, 02:39
Hmm.. a sorta fighter and a sorta cleric.. maybe I'd be better off with my rogue or alchemist... or Lucky the Archaeologist... a sorta bard.

Farnaby
January 6th, 2015, 23:33
If someone drops out, I'll use Rashmi Lvl 2 Druid

Blackfoot
January 7th, 2015, 00:43
I believe the 6th man dropped out. (kwarner1986)

xazil
January 7th, 2015, 11:44
You probably have his information from last time, but again:

Haplo of the Scrolls
PFS#132871-7
Dark Archives
0.35GP

Blackfoot
January 7th, 2015, 21:28
Switching to Grum.. he's going to be more useful for this (I think) and he's an Absalom resident.

Player: Blackfoot
Name: Grum
Class: Rogue (Thug)
Faction: The Exchange
Level: 3
XP: 7
Fame/Prestige: 12/12
THIS Chronicle will be: #6
Grum's Inventory Tracking Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YAzYLnJ8oiq3SCy1Bz8UkOC1WpyXQa-R3cE9Cvhh98k/edit?usp=sharing)

Farnaby
January 9th, 2015, 01:05
Still don't know if I'm playing tonight, but if I am here is Rashmi:

Inventory tracking sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aii37alIzB4rdGEyalFEWjV1OHNZS2l5OWFXRmg4M EE&usp=sharing)

Blackfoot
January 9th, 2015, 01:07
Still don't know if I'm playing tonight, but if I am here is Rashmi:

Inventory tracking sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aii37alIzB4rdGEyalFEWjV1OHNZS2l5OWFXRmg4M EE&usp=sharing)
I'm not sure why you wouldn't be.. the 6th man (kwarner1986) dropped out... you would be next up... theoretically.

Is this game supposed to be happening tomorrow? Because I only see like half the PCs posted up here.

Victor
January 9th, 2015, 02:08
Coburn

Trueshots
January 9th, 2015, 06:10
Coburn

That guy is ugly :)

Here Sumashi-Jiru See you guys tomorrow!

Blackfoot
January 9th, 2015, 17:27
Is this game still happening? What is the server address?

Farnaby
January 9th, 2015, 18:06
Anyone who is confirmed should be able to see it on the calendar. (Bottom Left under last GM activity)

But considering we've heard nothing from Rivver, I hope nothing bad has happened.

Farnaby
January 9th, 2015, 18:09
Thread hijack!

I've added the effects.zip and renamed it to effects.mod in the modules subdir but where do I find it in FG?
Looking at the effects window, it's empty and there is no tab.
It also doesn't appear in the library so I can't activate it.

Any advice?

Farnaby
January 9th, 2015, 18:10
Double post by accident

Blackfoot
January 9th, 2015, 18:27
Thread hijack!

I've added the effects.zip and renamed it to effects.mod in the modules subdir but where do I find it in FG?
Looking at the effects window, it's empty and there is no tab.
It also doesn't appear in the library so I can't activate it.

Any advice?You might need to restart FG then go to 'Module Activation' ... or it may be that the file is actually inside the zipped file as a .mod and then you would need to extract it.. depending on how the thing was created.

Farnaby
January 9th, 2015, 18:34
I checked and the zip file has two xml files in it.
The common.xml where I can see all the different effects and the definition.xml where I can see the Archangel is the author.

I cannot see the effects in the data module activation window, that's what's bugging me.

Trueshots
January 9th, 2015, 18:35
I'm on my way home from work to play so I hope the game is still on has anyone her from rivver?

Blackfoot
January 9th, 2015, 18:35
OK. Then renaming the .zip it is the right thing to do.
You restarted FG after you dropped it in the folder?
Restart.
Open Library.
Open Modules.
Double Click on Effects Module.
Close windows.
Open Effects.

Farnaby
January 9th, 2015, 18:57
Oh gods, I was looking the whole time for the module Effects.
It was named 3.5 - Pathfinder Effects Library... :mad: :o

Thanks for your help.

Trueshots
January 9th, 2015, 19:16
I doubt this game is happening just looked on calendar and rivver has not logged on since the 27th of December I won't hurry home...

Blackfoot
January 9th, 2015, 19:19
Not actually accurate. Rivver posted on the 5th to this thread.

Blackfoot
January 9th, 2015, 19:22
I have it prepped for either tier so I am easy with whatever you choose to bring. I suggest you agree among yourselves and I'll run accordingly ;)I'm going to assume the game is 'on' but I'm not sure that Cloudancer or dubbomale will be playing since neither of them have posted any character information... if Trueshots doesn't show that still leaves us with 4.

Trueshots
January 9th, 2015, 19:22
Hmm, 4 days ago and no update 40 mins before game time. I. Gonna pick my kids up from school so if it's still happening I'm gonna be 20-25 mins late.

Rivver
January 9th, 2015, 19:37
I'm here, I've just been working in Manchester. Game is on, I'm downloading any characters now and the server will be up in a few. I have to dash out for a bit so I'll call it 8.30 if people still want to go ahead.

Trueshots
January 9th, 2015, 19:38
Excellent that's perfect for me, see yall then!

Rivver
January 9th, 2015, 19:52
Oka, server is up and all character I have are loaded and ready to go. Server name is cold nail brawny pirate and TS chat is called PFS Ambush. BBS

Rivver
January 10th, 2015, 21:12
All sheets chan be found here: Dropbox link (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tjmusk1bnujywci/AABLkDvpSR72Zx6R3OCED4pia?dl=0)

If there are any problems, please let me know.

Xaxil - I assumed this was your first outing with Haplo based on your recorded fame score in your notes, if this is incorrect, let me have his previous chronicle sheet and I'll update.

Clouddancer - If you want to buy/sell gear then send me a list and I'll update.

Thanks for playing!

Blackfoot
January 10th, 2015, 21:55
The dropbox link doesn't seem to work.

Rivver
January 10th, 2015, 22:06
Stupid thing. I tested it on preview and it worked fine. Here's another: Dropbox (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tjmusk1bnujywci/AABLkDvpSR72Zx6R3OCED4pia?dl=0)

...Nope. That one worked in preview but not in post... I've attached the files instead.

Blackfoot
January 10th, 2015, 22:10
This is Chronicle #6 for Grum.
(He did a Module so his XP is higher than his Chronicle #)

Rivver
January 10th, 2015, 22:14
The last one, and Grum's correction.

Farnaby
January 11th, 2015, 16:40
Thanks Rivver.