PDA

View Full Version : FG is Jealous

Nickademus
December 23rd, 2014, 16:18
FG won't stay minimized if I switch focus to any other program. I'm curious if it is possible to make FG stay minimized.

Nylanfs
December 23rd, 2014, 16:32
Two monitors? :)

Trenloe
December 23rd, 2014, 16:39
The 3D DirectX code raises a bunch of errors if FG is minimised, hence why the ability to minimise it was removed.

Nickademus
December 26th, 2014, 01:39
I see. Thanks.

kane280484
December 26th, 2014, 17:45
FG is also a bit shy sometimes. When I run it through Steam client, sometimes Steam client screen covers everything (the usual screen you get by pressing Shift+Tab) for no reason and I am unable to restore it. It's like it's frozen and after a minute or so it just goes back to normal. Is this only my issue?

Griogre
December 26th, 2014, 18:01
Unless you want to take screenshots for Steam you should disable the steam overlay by right clicking on FG in the Steam library, selecting properties and unchecking the "Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game" setting on the General tab.

The overlay problem does clear itself out if you are patient. FG will freeze for while and then will start responding again. I usually click the link at the top to exit the overlay. There is a refresh problem in that even when the overlay has been closed the text stays on the FG client so you need to move some other app on top of FG and off to force a refresh to clean up the graphic artifacting.

kane280484
December 26th, 2014, 18:37
I had no idea I can turn off Stem Overlay, I don't need it in FG so that solves problem, thank you very much!

Griogre
December 26th, 2014, 18:43
You're welcome. :)

ddavison
December 27th, 2014, 18:41
FG is jealous.

We've tried talking with her, but she won't even admit that she is jealous. I have a feeling she might really get upset if she found out we were looking to replace her with a newer, younger, hotter version (i.e. Unity)??

Thete
December 27th, 2014, 23:03
We've tried talking with her, but she won't even admit that she is jealous. I have a feeling she might really get upset if she found out we were looking to replace her with a newer, younger, hotter version (i.e. Unity)??

Is there anywhere a punter like myself can get updates on progress with unity, also would you be considering support for 3D battle maps?

kane280484
December 27th, 2014, 23:23
Sight-reliant battlemapsssssss!

Trenloe
December 28th, 2014, 02:09
Is there anywhere a punter like myself can get updates on progress with unity
There have been sporadic updates (with photos) on the FG Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/fantasygrounds

ddavison
December 28th, 2014, 04:10
There have been sporadic updates (with photos) on the FG Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/fantasygrounds

Facebook and G+ is where I've been making most of those posts. We haven't had anything visible to post in a while. We have a few other side projects going so we've paused things a bit. We'll probably get going again in earnest in mid-January.

Blacky
December 29th, 2014, 09:30
Can't read Facebook without having an account logged in.

Trenloe
December 29th, 2014, 09:55
Can't read Facebook without having an account logged in.
To follow the page you need an account, but to view the page with the link I posted above you don't.