PDA

View Full Version : PFS Scenario Intro 1: First Steps—Part I: In Service to Lore

Rivver
December 22nd, 2014, 21:53
In an effort to try and learn the ways of FG, I have spent more than a few hours putting this together. It is a free PFS scenario aimed at brand new level 1 characters. This will be my first time DM'ing using FG, but I am an experienced GM and have been playing and running various games for the last 13 years or so.

If you don't mind bearing with an inexperienced DM and want to have a few hours bumbling around Absalom doing traditional low level questing (you even get a to-do list!), post a reply here and I'll look at organising a day/time before posting it up on the calendar. Most likely I will be aiming to run this at around 7pm UTC on either a Friday or Saturday.

As it is for new characters, I am happy to accept any L1 pregen's as well as your own L1. For story purposes it is probably best if your character hasn't completed The Confirmation scenario, if only because the back story on this one is "It's your first day".

Thanks for looking.

Rivver

xazil
December 22nd, 2014, 23:20
Sounds good Rivver. I haven't actually done this one yet and will look into it if I can slot it in. :)

Also at the top of this forum there is a sticky note called Announcements. Most people here subscribe to that thread so if you put a blurb about here in there everyone will get notified.

Cloudancer
December 22nd, 2014, 23:48
I'd be interested in playing, but I'm not available on Saturdays. If the game ends up on Friday, count me in :). It will be a brand new PFS char and I'll have to create it before I can send it to you :D.

Trueshots
December 23rd, 2014, 00:10
Rivver don't forget to put the game on the game calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/) then put the link on your opening post here and on the game thread post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16931-***-Game-Announcement-thread-***-Subscribe-to-get-email-udpates/page21). If you need help just yell at me :) I'll probably join you for this on, I just made a level one recently.

Malkavian_Andi
December 23rd, 2014, 00:14
I have 2 characters who could play First Steps, but they both already have credit for The Confirmation (for one of them, it could even work story-wise. He's used to lying, why not get his confirmation done before Ambrus Valsin says it's ok :P )

On the scenario itself, I already played and GMed it a lot of times, but of course I wouldn't spoil anything for anyone.

I'll have to see if I can make it, because I often have other stuff to do on Fridays and Saturdays, but maybe you'll hit a day that works for me ^^

Rivver
December 23rd, 2014, 00:54
Ok, up on the Game Calendar here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1310). Once you have been accepted, please vote on the game times I have put up.

I have no problem with people having played the scenario before, and Malkavian_Andi if you want to retcon (https://dictionary.reference.com/browse/retcon) thats up to you!

kwarner1986
December 23rd, 2014, 00:57
I will fill in as the party starts to form.

Level 1
Wizard
Victoria
If we need a knowledge character

Level 1
Fighter
Archer
Ranged Damage

Level 1
Paladin
*Unnamed*
Healing (by Wand) and Talker

I would prefer to play my Archer, but Skills and Diplomacy are things that are needed.

Rivver
December 23rd, 2014, 00:59
I would prefer to play my Archer, but Skills and Diplomacy are things that are needed.

Actually, this is quite a nice starter with a little of everything in it so if you want to go archer, go archer.

Cloudancer
December 23rd, 2014, 01:00
I can run a Sorcerer (high charisma entertainer type) and that would cover the talking/diplomacy thing.

kwarner1986
December 23rd, 2014, 01:05
I can run a Sorcerer (high charisma entertainer type) and that would cover the talking/diplomacy thing.

Perfect, I'll leave healing up to everyone else. I doubt I'm going to need it since I'll be in the back.

xazil
December 23rd, 2014, 01:12
This is a pretty fast scenario? If it is I can squeeze it in. :)

I have a cavalier I'd like to bring along to provide some front line meat shielding.

Rivver
December 23rd, 2014, 01:15
This is a pretty fast scenario? If it is I can squeeze it in. :)

I have a cavalier I'd like to bring along to provide some front line meat shielding.

It shouldn't take experienced RPer's too long, especially if you've got a party member trying not to use OOC knowledge ;)

kwarner1986
December 23rd, 2014, 01:57
There is all the necessary info you'll need. I'm open for either time, so no worry about which day we play.

Malkavian_Andi
December 23rd, 2014, 03:45
I can't make the second one, I'll have to work on that day, but this week would work.

Here's my stuff.

HoloGnome
December 23rd, 2014, 04:20
I'll join in, too!

Victor
December 23rd, 2014, 05:24
I am interested and going to sign up on the calendar. I may be too late tho.
I would bring Coburn, who is still level 1.

Rivver
December 23rd, 2014, 08:39
Okay, looks like it's this Friday and I have the following player/characters:

Malkavian_Andi - Rutilus Wintrish
Trueshots - Kara
kwarner1986 - Archer Skylord
xazil - Haplo of the Scrolls
HoloGnome - Drakon Silverclaw
Cloudancer - ?

Victor - Coburn (alternate)

Victor, you're in if one of the following things happens:
1. Someone drops out/doesn't turn up
2. Someone doesn't submit character details by Thursday 12AM UTC

Existing DM's in group: The only thing I haven't been able to try out on players is combat and adding effects. If any of you happen to be online today and willing to give me a little tutorial, I'd appreciate it!

Skellan
December 23rd, 2014, 18:38
I am afraid this clashes with another game for me or I'd be up for it. If there's anything I can do to help beforehand though, just let me know. Otherwise, I hope to meet you on Golarion soon :)

Trueshots
December 23rd, 2014, 18:51
Jūdan Kara (Aikido Master 10th Dan)

I think I'm set, I'm going to look over her one more time, if I change anything it will be minor and I'll update you. Thanks

Victor
December 25th, 2014, 13:20
I went ahead and made plans, so if someone wants to grab the alternate spot it's open. Have fun guys!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

Farnaby
December 25th, 2014, 17:13
Me, me, ooooh pick me. :p

xazil
December 26th, 2014, 10:14
Here is Haplo, a small change into a samurai as he is from the eastern lands.

PFS#132871-7 Dark Archives
Gold 0.35

Trueshots
December 26th, 2014, 16:30
updated Kara's xml (on pg 2 of this thread), just slightly nothing big, I'll load locally but feel free to check it out. Thanks

Cloudancer
December 26th, 2014, 16:55
Here is Kandor's xml. I'm not completely thrilled with it yet, but I'll play with this. It's also my first upload of a character so hopefully I'll get this right.

kwarner1986
December 26th, 2014, 18:33
Looks like I'm going to to be late. Work is a nightmare at the moment. If you want to get started right away, that's fine. I should be on by 2:30

Rivver
December 26th, 2014, 18:36
Server is up and TS3 channel created (PFS: First Steps).

Trueshots
December 26th, 2014, 18:58
Can u upload this for me, seems I can't pull it up locally for some reason, thanks

Farnaby
December 27th, 2014, 00:53
Chronicle (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byi37alIzB4remNJNWJNaVhsQWZwS3J4OUVYTXFZL WM3aG9j&authuser=0)

Rivver
December 27th, 2014, 17:21
Ok, chronicle sheets appear done to my eyes but that doesn't mean I haven't made mistakes somewhere so please check them thoroughly before taking them to your next game. They can be found here: Chronicle Sheets (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0wjfz4bjz56nzvz/AAD-cd3MjSTRI6QDRLvSm9ySa?dl=0)

Trueshots - I haven't done one for Kara because I can't seem to find her previous sheet. Could you send it to me so I can get this done for you.
Everyone other than Holognome - If you want to make any purchases please let me know so I can update the sheets. At the moment Holognome is the only one who has done this.

Thanks for the game. I'll let you know what and when I plan to run again.

HoloGnome
December 27th, 2014, 17:47
Thanks for doing the chronicles so quickly and nice job on the game yesterday!

Malkavian_Andi
December 27th, 2014, 18:37
Chronicles look good. Thanks for running, and hope to see you again some time.

Trueshots
December 27th, 2014, 18:56
Trueshots - I haven't done one for Kara because I can't seem to find her previous sheet.she doesn't have on this is her first game. I'll sent u the starting stats in just a couple mins. Thanks

Thanks for the game. I'll let you know what and when I plan to run again.WOOT, YEAH!!!

Trueshots
December 27th, 2014, 19:23
Kara
Player name = Aaron P
PFS# 71518-6
Starting Gold = 61gp
Faction = Silver Crusade
Fame = 0
pp = 0
xp = 0

kwarner1986
December 27th, 2014, 20:27
Thanks for the game, Rivver.

Trueshots
December 30th, 2014, 22:34
Rivver Karas day job roll was not included on the chronicle. Do you mind adding that for me?

Rivver
December 30th, 2014, 23:14
Sorry about that. All done. :)

Trueshots
December 31st, 2014, 00:42
Sorry about that. All done. :)

61+10+417=488 not 478 :) sorry for being a jack ball :)

I was able to change it myself so don't worry about it :)

Cloudancer
December 31st, 2014, 16:00
Just realized I never thanked Rivver for running a great game so here goes :)

Thanks for the great game Rivver, it's really appreciated.