PDA

View Full Version : Channel Divinity; Paladin; Vow of Emnity Effect

Draca
December 22nd, 2014, 15:11
Is there a way to add an effect to a foe that will allow only a single player to gain advantage against it?

Ive looked over the effect wiki, but im still not sure if it can be done.

Trenloe
December 22nd, 2014, 20:18
You'd need to use the IF (or IFT) conditional effects - see the "Special Components" section of the 5E Effects Wiki page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects#Special_Components

The gotcha here is that the ruleset will only recognise valid conditions using this functionality, so you can't just add free text conditions (a PC name, for example) the conditions need to be defined in the ruleset.

I developed an extension that adds in new conditions based off alignment that allows an alignment condition to be placed on a creature and then only specific effects kick in if a targeted creature has a specific alignment. The base functionality could be used for what you want to do, it's for the 3.5e/PFRPG rulesets, but it will be easy enough to adapt for 5E. The theory behind it is mentioned in post #2: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20505-Alignment-Condition-extension

People have used the principles of this to add things like smite, quarry, mark, etc. as valid conditions. The a player can "mark" a target with a specific condition and use the IFT: xxxx (where xxxx is the new, valid, condition name) to only activate effects after the IFT if the target has the condition.

For example, you could create an extension that add "vow-of-emnity" as a valid condition. That would allow "vow-of-emnity" to be added to a target and the following effect (active on the Paladin) would give that PC attack advantage: IFT: vow-of-emnity; ADVATK

Draca
December 23rd, 2014, 04:06
Gotcha =)

I have no clue how to do the extension stuff.

But a friend of mine has done one so ill talk to him =)

Thanks for the info !

Griogre
December 23rd, 2014, 08:35
Third party targeting should work as well.

Draca
December 23rd, 2014, 11:24

Im not sure what that means...
Can you tell im new LOL.

Zacchaeus
December 23rd, 2014, 13:56
Trenloe: this is super stuff and I would certainly like to add a whole heap of things into 5E so that the IF and IFT means I can add more functionality into the combat tracker. First you must know that my knowledge of scripting is basic to say the least. So before I attempt this and get it horribly wrong can you let me know if I'm on the right lines here. I have managed to figure out how to open the files in your extension; there are only two that I need worry about. The first is the extension.xml file which I have opened (I didn't know windows had a built in .xml editor) and in that file it would seem that all I would need to do would be to add the 5E ruleset just by following the code for the others.
The next file called 'alignment_conditions.lua is the one where all the excitement occurs. It would seem that all I need to do would be to add whatever conditions I want to the list of those already there - or indeed replace those altogether. It looks like they should all be bracketed by inverted commas and separated by a comma. I'm assuming that the syntax has to be precise.
Once I have done this I can then save the file, and put it into the extensions folder of the 5E ruleset.
This all sounds too simple but maybe it is. Am I on the right lines, or is there something else I need to do?

Trenloe
December 23rd, 2014, 16:38
The next file called 'alignment_conditions.lua is the one where all the excitement occurs. It would seem that all I need to do would be to add whatever conditions I want to the list of those already there - or indeed replace those altogether. It looks like they should all be bracketed by inverted commas and separated by a comma. I'm assuming that the syntax has to be precise.
Yep, it is precise, but just follow the examples in the file. Don't use any spaces in the condition name.

Once I have done this I can then save the file, and put it into the extensions folder of the 5E ruleset.
Yep, repackage your .ext file. Zip the modified extensions files - do this from within the directory where all the files are, don't zip from outside the directory as FG expects the extension.xml to be at the top level of the .ext file and won't display it as a selectable extension if it can't find it. Then rename your .zip to .ext and put it in your FG extensions directory.

This all sounds too simple but maybe it is. Am I on the right lines, or is there something else I need to do?
Nope, that's it.

EDIT: and use the basic alignment condition extension, not the PFRPG specific one that parses the alignment - it's very specific to PFRPG and might even break some aspects of 5E.

Zacchaeus
December 23rd, 2014, 19:41
Excellent! I'll have a play around with that.

Xorn
December 24th, 2014, 18:47

Can you remind me how to third party target? I'm at work and can't tinker with it.

Draca
December 25th, 2014, 04:29
Ok so i created an effect of ADVATK [SELF]

Target a monster and drop it on myself.... it says ADVATK targets ankylosaurus
But it still gives me advantage even when i attack something else.

I dunno ...

I also tried GRANTADVATK ...targets that ends up giving stuff advantage but not to a single pc.

I was able to give a single monster advantage against myself but cant seem to reverse it.. ?

Draca
December 25th, 2014, 06:12
So what xml editor would you all recommend using ? preferably free....for modifying the alignment extension >?

Trenloe
December 25th, 2014, 10:12
So what xml editor would you all recommend using ? preferably free....for modifying the alignment extension >?
Notepad++ - https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Activate the "XML Tools" plugin from the Plugin Manager (Plugins menu).

Draca
December 25th, 2014, 15:24
Here is what i have so far....8418841984208421

I'm still unclear on how to repackage the folder back into an ext.

I tried adding the 2 files to compress, and the right clicking the zip file and re-naming , but i don't think that is the right way .. =)

Trenloe
December 25th, 2014, 18:23
Select the file and the directory shown in your third screenshot, right-click and select Send To -> Compressed (zipped) folder. Then rename the .zip file to .ext and copy to your <FG app data>\extensions directory. Restart FG and you should be able to select the extension with the <name> in the extensions.xml file (in this case, based off screenshot #2, it would be "Alignment and Spell conditions").

If you don't rename the extension, make sure you don't have the old alignment and spell conditions extension in the extensions directory as you won't know which one you're activating.

Note: You can have the files in a directory within the <FG app data>\extensions directory with the extension files within that directory - FG will read a directory in the \extensions folder in preference to an extension file (.ext) of the same name. This is very handy for development and testing - you don't have to keep packaging up an extension after each change. But, remember to delete your test directory from the \extensions directory once you've finished development and testing otherwise FG won't load the .ext file as the directory will take precedence.

Griogre
December 25th, 2014, 18:50
@Xorn: On the third party targeting, the key is target then Shift-Drag and Drop the effect on the target(s).

@Draco: Depending on how you write the effect you might target on creature and shift drag and drop the effect to the other one. Try it both ways. You will know you did the targeting and shift drag and dropping right if a target name appears on the tracker inside the brackets, IE [Orc 03]

Draca
December 25th, 2014, 18:52
ok so i selected the folder containing the 2 files from above and right clicked and send to compressed folder , renamed to Alignment and Spell Conditions.ext
and it looks like this afterwords.
Im guessing it should look like the rest of my extension files but it still looks like a zip folder =)
*Shrugs*

Trenloe
December 25th, 2014, 19:10
Disable "Hide extensions for known file types" in Windows file explorer - your file will have .zip on the end but Windows is hiding it by default. If you're using Windows 8, open file explorer (Windows Key + e) , go to the "View" menu tab at the top and put a tick/check in the "File name extensions" entry in the Show/Hide section - this should then show the .zip on the end of your file and you can remove that leaving .ext.

Draca
December 26th, 2014, 01:10
Got the ext file looking correctly , but the extension doesnt show up on the list.

And Trenloe, thanks for your patience and knowlege.... you rock!

Draca
December 26th, 2014, 01:13
Scratch that.... i re zipped the folder , forgot i moved back a step last time trying to get it renamed.

Testing it now !

Draca
December 26th, 2014, 01:45
Applied effect to target vow-of-emnity
Applied effect to self IFT: vow-of-emnity; ADVATK

nothing happened.

im getting close tho ! LOL

Trenloe
December 26th, 2014, 04:56
Applied effect to target vow-of-emnity
Applied effect to self IFT: vow-of-emnity; ADVATK

nothing happened.
Did you target the creature with the vow-of-emnity condition and then roll and attack against them?

Draca
December 26th, 2014, 05:11
Heres a shot where i used the neutral tag for a test8436

Trenloe
December 26th, 2014, 05:32
I've just done a test in the 5E ruleset and it looks like conditional targeting isn't working, even without the extension and with standard conditions - for example, charmed. In the 3.5E ruleset it works fine. I'm trying this in 3.0.9 live.

Draca
December 26th, 2014, 05:43
Well it looks like i broke the ruleset =)

Let me know what you find Trenloe.

And thanks again!

Trenloe
December 26th, 2014, 06:53
I've asked to see if anyone has got conditional effects working here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22824-IFT-conditional-effect-not-working

I'll see what the feedback is before I log it as a bug with the devs.

Draca
December 26th, 2014, 12:45
Im going to look through all the spells and class abilities and start compiling an if/then list of all of the conditions that would be needed to be added in order to cover everything in the books that would apply to this extension.

I think also that every condition added should mayby be in multiples of 3 or 4 with a number tag on each duplicate.

So that in the case of a paladin with hunters mark and a ranger with it as well or another class carrying the same spell effect, they would be able to be assigned a number to their spells and noone would overlap the same condition and recieve a bonus that they normally would not get.

Any thoughts ?

Zacchaeus
December 26th, 2014, 16:21
I've just done a test in the 5E ruleset and it looks like conditional targeting isn't working, even without the extension and with standard conditions - for example, charmed. In the 3.5E ruleset it works fine. I'm trying this in 3.0.9 live.

Looks like you are correct Trenloe. I've tried this with charmed and also with several of the conditions in the Alignment Conditions extension. Nothing works with IF or IFT. I've been trying to add 'true strike' and 'protection from evil' to the conditions extension and couldn't get it to work; but I assumed that I was simply doing something wrong. Since IT and IFT don't seem to work with something which isn't in the extension then it would seem that neither are responding correctly. I'm using 3.0.10 test but that shouldn't really make any difference.

Draca
December 28th, 2014, 22:51
No longer needed in FG v3.1.2+ Use the custom(condition-name) effect functionality built into the 5E ruleset.

Updated on 6/4/2015 to work with the latest FGII 3.1.0 ruleset update and tested in game Enjoy!
Also added a logo and updated the startup message.

Here is a list of all the conditions in this extension.
I skimmed through the classes and spells and tried to add one for any one of the abilities or spells that may be useful for.
Also added Monster types and size conditions. And 6 custom conditions for on the fly flexibility.
If you have an idea or need of a new tag please feel free to contact me and i can add the condition tag.

Link to Optional Conditions.ext on Dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpnzm899bcisy7g/Optional%20Conditions%20V0.2.ext?dl=0

chaotic-evil
lawful-evil
neutral-evil
chaotic-good
lawful-good
neutral-good
neutral
true-neutral
lawful-neutral
chaotic-neutral
evil
good
aberration
animal
beast
celestial
construct
demon
devil
dragon
elemental
fiend
fey
giant
goblinoid
humanoid
monstrosity
shapechanger
ooze
plant
undead
yugoloth
tiny
small
medium
large
huge
gargantuan
bestow-curse
chill-touch
colossus-slayer
dispel-evil
dispel-good
favored-enemy
friends
guiding-bolt
hex
hunters-mark
protection-from-good
protection-from-evil
true-strike
versatile-trickster
vow-of-emnity
heavy-armor-master
custom-1
custom-2
custom-3
custom-4
custom-5
custom-6

Zacchaeus
January 12th, 2015, 15:31
Good work, Draca.

However, I'm wondering if there is any need for an extension. Now that the IF and IFT has been fixed for 5e i've been playing around with some effects that grant advantage and other stuff that stem from spells and abilities and the like. In all cases to set up something like this the target creature must have the effect placed on it and the aggressor must have an effect which tests whether the condition is on the creature using the IFT statement. There are two ways (at least) to get the effect on the creature; either an effect is created by the DM in the effects panel and drag/dropped onto the creature; or the player creates the effect in his actions tab and he does the drag/dropping. The latter is in my view the cleanest way of doing this otherwise the DM will eventually have a list of effects a mile long.
My point is that adding this effect to the creature can be done without the need for any extension. In fact I'm not sure that I can see how having the effect in an extension would in any way help. Whatever way you set it up the creature must have the effect actually on it. If you simply have the testing condition on the player then there is nothing against which it can be tested. This is true of all the 'built in' effects such as 'prone' etc. The only difference with the built in effects is that FG recognises what should be done when a prone creature is targeted. Adding, say, vow-of-enmity to an extension won't mean that FG will know what to do with it.
So I think, Draca, having all those key words in an extension isn't going to do anything for you; unless, of course, I'm missing something at this time.

Trenloe
January 12th, 2015, 17:53
So I think, Draca, having all those key words in an extension isn't going to do anything for you; unless, of course, I'm missing something at this time.
The key thing being overlooked is that FG will only recognise pre-defined conditions - you can't just put any old condition/label as a condition in the combat tracker and then use that label with IF or IFT. That is where this extension comes in, all it does is make the list of conditions listed above valid conditions so that they can be used with conditional targeting. You still need to apply those conditions and use them in conditional targeting yourself.

Now, a separate issue, the link provided by Draca in post #28 above links to a Monster Manual.mod, not an extension...

Draca
January 13th, 2015, 04:11
Fixed that , extension link... oops
Thanks for pointing that out.

Zacchaeus
January 17th, 2015, 12:17
The key thing being overlooked is that FG will only recognise pre-defined conditions - you can't just put any old condition/label as a condition in the combat tracker and then use that label with IF or IFT. That is where this extension comes in, all it does is make the list of conditions listed above valid conditions so that they can be used with conditional targeting. You still need to apply those conditions and use them in conditional targeting yourself.

Ah, right. I think I see now. I had set up a fictitious condition which when tested did what I expected. What I didn't do was test to see if the thing didn't work on another target that didn't have the condition. Without the keyword in an extension then the thing does what it does to any target irrespective of whether the condition is there or not. Good stuff, all is now clear.

What tremendous chaps you all are with your patience for twerps like me and all :)

Zacchaeus
January 17th, 2015, 13:53
Ok, Draca, you have succeeded in driving me round the twist :)

I was trying to set up an effect for true-strike, which you have in your list above. I could not get it to work at all, despite numerous and various different combinations of stuff. Eventually I unzipped the extension and I find that true-strike isn't in the extension!

There's a couple of others on your list which aren't in the extension either.

What is it they say about assumption?

Good work on this though, despite your attempt to make me doubt myself :)

Draca
January 17th, 2015, 16:22
Lemme look at my extension , i may have accidentally put the wrong extension ( well stage of it in the drop box folder , i will fix that now.

Zacchaeus
January 17th, 2015, 22:36
Ah, good man. All is now well with my world :)

Good work again.

jh79
February 14th, 2015, 05:20
WOW, great stuff Trenloe and Draca!, all done. Going to use it in next weeks game. Also made the effects a module from Trenloe's other post. So now I can bring all my effects into different campaigns! so cool... One thing though, in making the effects a module from that post, there was no common file when I opened it up, so had to make my own from another one I had, I figured it out, but might want to edit that for people to do that extra step, not intuitive, or they may not no what to do. Super job on the extension!!!

The Scriven One
April 11th, 2015, 05:53
I understand that this extension allows us to apply these conditions to characters, but is there a way to define new ones (say, by editing a file) which will have an actual mechanical effect? I'd like to, say, create a "fireproof" condition that grants advantage to saves vs. fire (This is just a simple example). If its possible, and anyone can point me in the right direction, I can figure the rest out.

Trenloe
April 11th, 2015, 06:04
I understand that this extension allows us to apply these conditions to characters, but is there a way to define new ones (say, by editing a file) which will have an actual mechanical effect? I'd like to, say, create a "fireproof" condition that grants advantage to saves vs. fire (This is just a simple example). If its possible, and anyone can point me in the right direction, I can figure the rest out.
You'd need to not only add the condition as a valid condition for the ruleset (which is what this extension does), but then you'd need to write LUA code within the relevant manager_action_xxxx.lua script: manager_action_attack.lua for changing attack rolls, for example.

The main issue with doing this is that these type of scripts can tend to change with virtually each release of the ruleset (due to bug fixes or new functionality) and so you'd have to review and manually update your extension nearly every time a new version of the ruleset was released, otherwise your extension might stop working (at best) or may break the ruleset it is designed for (quite possible) or miss out on new functionality/bug fixes (more than likely).

So, it's possible - but be aware of what you're getting into. An extension isn't just for Christmas! ;)

Trenloe
April 11th, 2015, 06:44
Also, the effects "Modifiers" allow you to essentially create custom conditions that you can apply to yourself or targets: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects#Modifiers

There are some specific examples at the end of the effects page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects#Examples

You can do a lot with the effects system without need for custom code.

Farnaby
May 12th, 2015, 11:52
I'm having real problems with this.
I have both optional conditions and alignment conditions extensions activated.
I have a ranger and a paladin hitting a evil hill giant. The giant has 2 effects.

a) chaotic-evil; evil; chaotic
b) giant

Here's what happens:

The ranger with his first attack gets his +3 to hit/+2 damage.
I activate favored enemy with Favored Enemy;IFT:giant;ATK:2;DMG:2 and try again.
He definitely gets the +3 to hit although it shows an additional [Effects +2] it doesn't add it to the die roll.
The damage on the other hand gets added properly.

The same goes for the paladin with the smite evil effect. The attack gets the [Effects +2] but doesn't add it to the die roll and the damage gets calculated properly.

Am I doing something wrong? If yes, what?

Cheers - Farnaby

Draca
May 12th, 2015, 13:51
Ok , i tested this to be sure.

First you should not need both condition extensions active , the optional conditions i believe covers all of the alignments.

Next your strings should look like this.

Condition; giant
Condition; chaotic;evil

The next effects should look like this

Favored Enemy; IFT: favored-enemy; ATK: 3 melee, ranged; DMG: 2 melee, ranged
Smite Evil; IFT: evil; ATK 3 melee, ranged; DMG 2 melee, ranged

There is one thing to point out , the AC effects and ATK effects do not show up on the dice roll , but they are calculated into the attack.
For instance if i have a normal +1 to hit and i roll a 12, that makes 13. If i have an ATK: 3 bonus on top of that , the roll will still look like a 13, But... It will score a hit on AC 16.
An AC: 2 effect for something like shield of faith does the same thing , it will still show you as having ac 18, but a 19 will miss you.
These 2 effects are funny that way , but they work.

The DMG effect works normally , and you can see the dmg number being added to the roll.
I did however include the melee, ranged on the damage , this will limit the damage to those types of attacks only , since a generic DMG: 2 will apply to everything including spells.( i Think)

Also , i tested the extension under the 5th edition ruleset, What ruleset are you using and are you seeing a different behavior that what i mentioned ?
Hope you enjoy the extension.

Farnaby
May 12th, 2015, 14:04
Hi Draca,
thanks for the speedy reply.

First off the extension is great, thank you.

Secondly, I am using the 3.5e/PFRPG ruleset.
The difference between ATK, AC not adding to the roll and DMG adding to the roll is confusing, but if you say it works....then okay.
Is there anyway to make a certain roll to test it or do I have to roll x times to get the result I want?

The reason I use both extensions is that that Trenloe's PFRPG extension automatically adds the alignment to an NPC when you drag it into the tracker.

Cheers - Farnaby

Trenloe
May 12th, 2015, 15:25
The reason I use both extensions is that that Trenloe's PFRPG extension automatically adds the alignment to an NPC when you drag it into the tracker.
Yep, that's the reason to use it. :)

As Draca says, any bonus to attack (or AC) via an IF/IFT statement is not added to the attack roll total, but is taken into account when the result (hit/miss) is calculated. The reason for this is that once an attack roll is in the combat tracker people can drag/drop the roll to other targets, so specific IF/IFT effects are removed from the roll total so as not to impact subsequent drag/drop rolls. The devs posted about this quite a while ago when I asked the same question.

Draca
May 12th, 2015, 16:43
oh , i forgot about that =)
i play 5th edition , i dot think it adds it for it ..

you just have to keep rolling the attack until you hit and your roll was lower than what would normally be required to hit.

Trenloe
May 16th, 2015, 21:35
Next your strings should look like this.

Condition; giant
Condition; chaotic;evil
Note: you don't need to have "Condition;" at the beginning of any conditions. The string will still work, but "Condition;" is just a label, FG doesn't do anything with it. Having purely giant or chaotic;evil will work exactly the same. And it's less clutter in the effects entry in the combat tracker. :)

Draca
May 17th, 2015, 00:08
Good thing pointing that out ,

Usually i set mine up with something like this

(Player character name here); giant; chaotic; evil ...for the target
and
(spell name or ability name here ); (effect here); (ect) ...for the player

This lets me remember whos using the condition for my own reference.

Trenloe
June 2nd, 2015, 03:09
This extension will need to be updated to use the new DataCommon.conditionaltags LUA table otherwise conditional effects won't work and there will be a lot of buttons on the campaign effects window. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24477-One-week-notice-to-new-version-launch&p=214178&viewfull=1#post214178

jh79
June 3rd, 2015, 07:57
This extension will need to be updated to use the new DataCommon.conditionaltags LUA table otherwise conditional effects won't work and there will be a lot of buttons on the campaign effects window. Info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24477-One-week-notice-to-new-version-launch&p=214178&viewfull=1#post214178

I tested out an IFT Conditional and it worked with the latest update 3.1.0, are you talking about what I have in the picture attached, and a future update, or this update?

Trenloe
June 3rd, 2015, 15:38
I tested out an IFT Conditional and it worked with the latest update 3.1.0, are you talking about what I have in the picture attached, and a future update, or this update?
Remove the lawful-evil condition from dracolich and you'll probably find that the ADVATK is still being applied as the way conditional tags are handled in Fg v3.1.0. Refer to Moon Wizard's comments in the post I listed: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24477-One-week-notice-to-new-version-launch&p=214178&viewfull=1#post214178

Draco has already provided an updated extension in post #28.

jh79
June 4th, 2015, 05:25
Right on, ill test that out later and see if I remove the condition if it still applies.

jh79
June 4th, 2015, 05:30
Also thanks to Draca and Trenloe for the quick updates, ill go pick up the new one and check out the new stuff.

jh79
June 4th, 2015, 06:18
Remove the lawful-evil condition from dracolich and you'll probably find that the ADVATK is still being applied as the way conditional tags are handled in Fg v3.1.0. [/url]

Draco has already provided an updated extension in post #28.

I tested it out as is, I haven't got Dracas extension update yet, I will in about 5 minutes though, but wanted to test out what you said. When I removed the condition from the creature it did not work as it always hasn't when not applied to the creature in the CT.

When both tags were re-applied to the creature and the player character in the CT it worked. Hmmm, regardless i'm going to update to the new extension.

bnickelsen
July 18th, 2015, 14:55
Updated on 6/4/2015 to work with the latest FGII 3.1.0 ruleset update and tested in game Enjoy!
Also added a logo and updated the startup message.

Here is a list of all the conditions in this extension.
I skimmed through the classes and spells and tried to add one for any one of the abilities or spells that may be useful for.
Also added Monster types and size conditions. And 6 custom conditions for on the fly flexibility.
If you have an idea or need of a new tag please feel free to contact me and i can add the condition tag.

Link to Optional Conditions.ext on Dropbox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vpnzm899bcisy7g/Optional%20Conditions%20V0.2.ext?dl=0

chaotic-evil
lawful-evil
neutral-evil
chaotic-good
lawful-good
neutral-good
neutral
true-neutral
lawful-neutral
chaotic-neutral
evil
good
aberration
animal
beast
celestial
construct
demon
devil
dragon
elemental
fiend
fey
giant
goblinoid
humanoid
monstrosity
shapechanger
ooze
plant
undead
yugoloth
tiny
small
medium
large
huge
gargantuan
bestow-curse
chill-touch
colossus-slayer
dispel-evil
dispel-good
favored-enemy
friends
guiding-bolt
hex
hunters-mark
protection-from-good
protection-from-evil
true-strike
versatile-trickster
vow-of-emnity
heavy-armor-master
custom-1
custom-2
custom-3
custom-4
custom-5
custom-6

Will these show in the Effects window?

Draca
July 18th, 2015, 15:21
no they wont, also i should mention with the newest patch coming and tas targeting enhancement extentionion this ext will be oblsolete for 5E.

callahan09
July 20th, 2016, 21:24
Sorry, I'm having a really hard time following this thread. Is this effect something that can be created WITHOUT using an extension? I just tried something like this:

Apply this to myself:

IFT: Marked; ADVATK

And apply this to the enemy:

Marked

But it doesn't work. It gives me advantage on all attacks, not just the marked target.

It works if I use one of the in-game defined effects, such as Charmed. But I don't understand why I can just give a target an effect with whatever name I want and have the game recognize that when I look for it with the IFT condition? It's no good forcing me to use Charmed, especially for my Paladin which has the Hunter's Mark spell so I want to mark one enemy with that and maybe another with the Vow of Enmity ability, and I can't use Charmed for both because they may not necessarily be the same enemy, but there are no other keyword effects to use besides Charmed that don't also have some other unintended effect on the creature targeted. I also can't use an extension (DM doesn't want to allow extensions). I really feel like the rule-set should support this somehow in-game with no extensions and no jury rigging with using an effect name that isn't really what is supposed to apply. Why can't I just use a custom effect name for "enmity" and "marked' or something and have the IFT condition recognize that? Is there some other way to do this that I haven't thought of?

Trenloe
July 21st, 2016, 00:14
Use: IFT: custom(Marked); ADVATK and just Marked on the target.