PDA

View Full Version : PFS 3-02 Sewer Dragons of Absalom - Sun 27/12 - 12am GMT

Lord Kavos
December 22nd, 2014, 08:37
Here Ye Here Ye!

About time I started running PFS again...so here it is.

PFS 3-02 Sewer Dragons of Absalom

A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for Levels 3–7.

Absalom is Golarion’s busiest and most populous city, but one of its largest populations goes largely unnoticed. You must venture into the sewers beneath the City at the Center of the World to stop the meddling dragons within from disrupting a vital Pathfinder Society operation. Written by Dennis Baker.

Calendar Link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1309

Please post your xmls, latest chronicles & inventory sheets here. Look forward to gaming with you all.

P.S. Not sure if the timeslot will work for all - but I can't run this one any later than this time.

xazil
December 22nd, 2014, 08:43
Ill came along did you mean Sat the 27th? Ill bring my Druid - Ragnar the Green.

kwarner1986
December 22nd, 2014, 08:48
I'm on board, Bringing
Diana Level 3 Brute Rogue
Rebecca Level 4 Healing Cleric

Depending on party make up, I don't have any characters 5 or higher.

Lord Kavos
December 22nd, 2014, 08:59
because its 12am GMT, its sunday for us, early early sunday for UK, Saturday for US players.

You know what i mean anyway - I put the time in the calendar just to make sure !

cmdisc
December 22nd, 2014, 09:33
I'd like to hop aboard this with Logus (Lvl 3 Archaeologist). The hours are quirky, but I might be able to make it work. If we end up going 6-7 sub-tier then I'll bow out.

Victor
December 22nd, 2014, 09:38
I'll bring Belte

P.S. Inventory Sheets? Never really kept any. I just have my major purchases on my Chronicles, had my Level 1 buys ok'ed by Xazil at my first game and was told I did not have to track every minor item I bought.
I can make some up tho if you really need them, should not be too hard to do.

Lord Kavos
December 22nd, 2014, 09:41
requirement of PFS to have the inventory sheet. Mostly to track your magic item purchases & wand usage.

Victor
December 22nd, 2014, 10:08
I guess Belte has been running all these games and not been true PFS all along. No one ever asked me for the tracking sheets. Like I said, I have been tracking my magic items on my chronicle, wand uses I track as I use them in my xml, and in a txt file I keep, I always take off an extra charge or two if I used that wand that adventure just to be sure I deduct plenty.
So... since it's required, and Belte is level 5 already, is he invalid? You didn't say what I was to do. just that I am breaking the rules. Apologies, but this makes me pretty grumpy, I HATE 'new' rules I constantly run into in PF and PFS.

Victor
December 22nd, 2014, 10:14
Withdrew from this game for now. Let others get in who are ready. I will set up something for Belte in the future.

Lord Kavos
December 22nd, 2014, 10:27
you dont need to withdraw...its been a rule for about a year, im not one to insist just to be a bastard, and I am happy to give you time to get it all sorted.

Dont drop out just because of that...

Victor
December 22nd, 2014, 10:40
Sorry to be grumpy, I took some medication and am better now.
Not your fault, I was just pretty daunted at the prospect of trying to backtrack all my arrows and potions and when I used what. Xazil is helping me out atm and I am getting the info together from my chronicles. It shouldn't take too long really. Actually its good I know this now and will get Coburn going properly at the start.
So I own you thanks, not grief. Sorry again for the pique. I'll rejoin. :)

Lord Kavos
December 22nd, 2014, 10:44
yea all ok...

you dont have to track arrows, just the magic stuff like potions & wand charges, plus maybe the more expensive non magic stuff (like antitoxin etc).

I generally rebuy items/consumables used at the end of a mod, so I dont mark them as used if i do so - i just change the chronicle number purchased. otherwise i would have about 4 sheets so far for Ulfgar ( he drinks alot of potions)

Farnaby
December 22nd, 2014, 11:07
I'm in. Meredith is itching to go. :-)

xazil
December 22nd, 2014, 11:31
As I mentioned to Victor, you only have to track stuff 25GP plus per the PFS guide.

Ill get my stuff to you by later in the week Lord Kavos, Im playing Ragnar on thursday, but hopefully Ill get the chronicle back quickly.

Malkavian_Andi
December 22nd, 2014, 12:44
I'm in too. Finally a game I haven't played yet and a time slot I can make.

Not sure yet which character I'll play, I have lots to choose from in the 3-5 level range. Any idea on what might still be needed?

Lord Kavos
December 22nd, 2014, 13:13
Wow these holiday seasons are filling up quick...6 players already, and here I was worried that the timeslot might mean the game wouldn't have a legal table ...

Malkavian_Andi
December 22nd, 2014, 15:19
All right, I decided which character to play. Here he is:

cmdisc
December 22nd, 2014, 15:44
Last Chronicle, Tracking sheet, and XML attached. I believe everything is in order. I find the tracking sheet bothersome as, like Victor, I track everything between the Chronicles and the Character sheet. But it is what it is. <shrug> No biggie. :)

Malkavian_Andi
December 22nd, 2014, 19:19
Most work was to create them when they were first introduced. I had to go through all chronicle sheets of each character and list their purchases. But now it's just writing every purchase twice, once on the chronicle and once on the tracking sheet.

xazil
December 22nd, 2014, 19:58
I found the concept of the Tracking Sheet a lot easier when I stopped thinking of them full running account, but are instead a highlights listing of what you have. You could buy 200 alchemists flasks and never put one on the sheet (you actually track it btw, just not on the item tracking sheet as they are under 25g)

HoloGnome
December 22nd, 2014, 20:07
I'll apply...just in case...but not holding out hope on this one. :)

kwarner1986
December 22nd, 2014, 20:22
I'm in. Meredith is itching to go. :-)

Looks like Diana will help you scratch since we have two divine wand users. Plus it's been a while since Logus, Diana, and Meredith talk about Miss Feathers.

xazil
December 22nd, 2014, 20:51
Yeah, looks like we have 4 of the Kaer Maga City of Strangers team back together. Poor Ragnar keeps finding himself in huge cities and he thought he'd almost managed to block off that memory....

cmdisc
December 22nd, 2014, 21:15
You might want to get that itch looked at, Meredith.

Farnaby
December 23rd, 2014, 14:55

HoloGnome
December 23rd, 2014, 15:44

Ah! Fleas!

Lord Kavos
December 25th, 2014, 11:45
Oh an here are the server details:

FG server: puny grave warm luck

Teamspeak server: voice.fg-con.com Passwd: Dungeoneers

Finished parsing adventure, reads good, good balance roll/role play - should be alot of fun i hope.

Oh btw I have Ultimate license...

Farnaby
December 25th, 2014, 17:05
Here's Meredith,
without itch as I got a cream for that.

Chronicle (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byi37alIzB4rRzZfUUs1VEJiZU0/view?usp=sharing)
Inventory Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yRu8Ljw0l6_Glx1YwWjeRXklCYK3hH9FhVLU7yKdWTk/edit?usp=sharing)

Victor
December 27th, 2014, 06:35
Here is Belte's stuff. I believe his Chronicle is 157gp short, have to confirm this with Darrenan.

I have yet to compile his Inv Tracking, I waited until the last minute then have been out of it the last day and a half. Going to work on it now and post it up, hopefully I'll be better and able to play come game time tomorrow.

Lord Kavos
December 27th, 2014, 08:02
All good victor, no rush, know u are sorting it out, so that's good.

xazil
December 27th, 2014, 08:10
Here is Ragnar's files

Victor
December 27th, 2014, 09:14
All done, was a good exercise to get it sorted and out of the way. Couldn't figure out how to combine them into one file tho. Will use something else for Coburn. Here is a corrected chronicle as well.

Lord Kavos
December 27th, 2014, 10:42
no character xml attached to your last post Victor...

Lord Kavos
December 27th, 2014, 11:01
HoloGnome,

All 6 players have sent me files, so it looks like they are all keen to play.

You are welcome to hang around start time to see if anyone drops out, but that's the only chance at this stage.

I will be running more PFS soon, so I can keep a spot available for you in the next one if u like...

Victor
December 27th, 2014, 11:50
no character xml attached to your last post Victor...

It's on my last post on the previous page. Sorry for the confusion and multiple posts.

Lord Kavos
December 27th, 2014, 13:00
sorry buddy missed that...all good for tomorrow

Lord Kavos
December 27th, 2014, 23:15
Server is up.

FG server: puny grave warm luck

Teamspeak server: voice.fg-con.com Passwd: Dungeoneers

Lord Kavos
December 28th, 2014, 21:44
hey guys running a little late...putting server up now, so give it a couple of mins.

cmdisc
December 29th, 2014, 08:24
Thanks for running this Kavos. Had a good time. Things got a bit close for a while and I figured I'd be heading to bed early, but the cavalry (in the form of fellow PCs) arrived in time. And now Logus has something more to write home about. What other hobby can give a person the span and depth of experience than that of traveling the open road?

Climb a mountain, suffer altitude sickness, exhaustion, and blistered feet? Awesome!
March through an endless desert wasteland dying from heat, starvation, and dehydration? Incredible!
Getting crushed and (almost) eaten by a big, ugly monster? The best of them all (so far)!

Oh this is the life for Logus. Wide open spaces to travel. Deep, dark dungeons to explore. His only regret is that one day either age or the lack of an "almost" will mean the end of it here. But then that would give him a whole new realm to explore in the here-after. :D So not bad at all...although he might miss a few friends here and there.

Lord Kavos
December 31st, 2014, 06:05
Hi guys,

Here are the first 3 PC's chronicles...

Lord Kavos
December 31st, 2014, 06:08
And the second 3 PCs.

Hope you all enjoyed the game. Even if it did run way long...

xazil
December 31st, 2014, 06:33
Looks all good Kavos. Thanks for running it, and arranging a followup session so soon after so we could complete it. Definitely enjoyed bumbling around the theater and getting to do a "Mad Max" at the entrance with my set of weapons. :D

HoloGnome
December 31st, 2014, 06:51
How long did it last in total?

Lord Kavos
December 31st, 2014, 07:04
About 8 hours I reckon. Good rp in the start that I didn't rush through, some slow play & decision making by players, and to top it all off enemy tactics that drew out pretty much all the fights.

Still was fun to run, but never had a PFS game go that long before...

Farnaby
December 31st, 2014, 14:43
Yeah, it was fun. Having just completed another 3 a.m. game now, I'm not going to do another one for a long time. I went to bed at 10 in the morning. It's killing me. :confused:

Victor
December 31st, 2014, 22:05
Yeah, it was fun. Having just completed another 3 a.m. game now, I'm not going to do another one for a long time. I went to bed at 10 in the morning. It's killing me. :confused:

Been there, done that, as recently as last night. You and I are alike in our destroying of our diurnal cycles. Bit of advice I can't seem to take.. Stop it!
You are one of my absolute favorite people to play with so straighten up and fly right so you stay in the air longer. :)

Victor
December 31st, 2014, 22:15
My favorite Chronicle, its handwritten! I didn't know anyone knew how to do that anymore. :)
Was a fun run and yes, thanks for the quick follow up session to complete it.

kwarner1986
January 1st, 2015, 07:06
Ah, I just noticed on the Chronicle Sheet. Diana is from Liberty's Edge. She is most definitely not a Silver Crusader. Pulled a pre-chronicle from 'Becca.

Lord Kavos
January 2nd, 2015, 07:08
I just went off your previous chronicle u sent me - thought I got it right.

I am away from home so cat fix at present, but can do it in a couple of days if u need me to...