PDA

View Full Version : Encountered 2 new issues with ruleset.

Redemption77
December 21st, 2014, 23:50
1st. It may seem minor but issue 2 makes it a bit more. There is no blast attack. Only damage which is a close combat attack. You have to go in and modify it but then if you want a damaging close combat attack its more modification. It can be worked but it sucks not all the powers were put in there. Which brings me to issue 2.

2nd. There is no way to create new powers and insert them into a module or put them into the existing module. In the other games there is an area for such things like in DnD there were places to create new feats and powers. Not in Mutants and Masterminds. I have no ability to create some of the new powers which were put in from the power supplements.

Can someone please help on these issues with modifying the ruleset to give functionality or perhaps workarounds which arent overly time consuming

two quick edits. Ive found Speed of Thought advantage missing. No big deal. Also can you answer me how to add portraits to the characters. Ive added the tokens but unlike the other rule sets it only has one image box on the character sheet and not 1 for a portrait and another for the token

DrakosDJ
December 22nd, 2014, 05:03
Your issue number one is a non-issue as it is following the rules of M&M. The is NO default power for a blast attack. The "Blast" listed on page 99 of the rule book is a sample built effect (you can tell because it is in a blue shaded box and is in Italics in the powers list). A Blast attack is defined as a Damage power with the Range modifier/extra. Both of these are in the ruleset as it stands. When you set it up on the Combat tab it allows you to choose Close/Range by clicking on the Fist Icon it changes from Close to Range (an arrow pointing to the center of a circle). Click it again to go back to Close.

If adding a blast to a NPC you just construct the power with the text string with the keyword of "Ranged" or "Close" such as:

* Magnetic Energy Blast Ranged (+27) or
* Magnetic Enhanced Strike Close (+27)

As for your second issue, you are both right and wrong. You cannot add a power to the ruleset inside of FG II but if you manually modify the ruleset module you can add it in. Do not try this if your are not familiar with editing rulesets in FG II. Otherwise you just have to construct it with Damage power with the range modifier.

Redemption77
December 22nd, 2014, 05:13
Ok thanks for those clarifications. What about adding portraits?

damned
December 22nd, 2014, 05:48
Havent used that ruleset but some v2 rulesets did not have both (iirc) and some only allow the player to add Portraits while the GM adds the Tokens.

Redemption77
December 22nd, 2014, 06:14
Yeah that was the issue. I was used to the other rulesets where the GM did the work. Thanks guys