PDA

View Full Version : PFS #33: Assault of the Kingdom of the Impossible, Sunday, Dec 28 - 9pm EST (2am UTC)

lachancery
December 21st, 2014, 22:22
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for 1st to 5th level characters (Tiers: 1–2 and 4-5)

The Pathfinder Society sends you to the fabled Kingdom of the Impossible, the island of Jalmeray, to stop an Aspis Consortium black market relics dealer who is organizing the local bandits and violently robbing Jalmeray and Pathfinder Society caravans laden with relics, artifacts, and magical mysteries. When a venture-captain is murdered by the Aspis Consortium agent, it's up to the PCs to find him and do whatever it takes to stop him.

Written by Craig Shackleton

Please sign up on the Game Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1308).

Post the following information here:

Character class & level

Attach Character File (FG XML)
Attach Previous Chronicle Sheet

NEW PFS Characters will obviously not have a previous chronicle sheet so I will require:

PFS#
Faction
Starting Gold (after Level 1 purchases)

All players must sign up here as well as on the Calendar and will be accepted in the order they post here.

xazil
December 21st, 2014, 22:30
I should be ok on this. Either Sheperd Mordel level 2 Archer Paladin or Ragnar the Green Level 4 Melee druid.

Rivver
December 21st, 2014, 23:17
I'm in with Alaerin (Lv1 Ranger)

Farnaby
December 21st, 2014, 23:34
I'll play. Either Rashmi Druid 1 or Nenna Witch 3

Victor
December 22nd, 2014, 03:11
I'm in if there is room. heading for the calendar now :)

HoloGnome
December 22nd, 2014, 05:11
I have applied as well. Sounds good! Level 1 Bloodrager.

cmdisc
December 22nd, 2014, 06:21
This will begin at 3am Monday morning for me. But seeing as I haven't had the chance to play anything in a while, I'd like to consider it with my Level 2 Tiefling Alchemist. I see I'm the 7th to sign up on the calendar and 6th on the board. Will post his info later today.

lachancery
December 22nd, 2014, 07:28
This will begin at 3am Monday morning for me. But seeing as I haven't had the chance to play anything in a while, I'd like to consider it with my Level 2 Tiefling Alchemist. I see I'm the 7th to sign up on the calendar and 6th on the board. Will post his info later today.

Oops! I've accepted the players in the order of their posting and you're the 7th. Sorry! :-/

Lord Kavos
December 22nd, 2014, 08:23
Looks like its low level party again...So Ember gets another run.

Will update her with purchases from today's game & post her up here in a day or 2.

cmdisc
December 22nd, 2014, 09:31
Oops! I've accepted the players in the order of their posting and you're the 7th. Sorry! :-/

Ah, not a problem. I can either wait and see if someone falls out here or just hop over to Kavos' session offered the day before.

Edit: ...or both.

Lord Kavos
December 22nd, 2014, 21:26
Spots I these holiday games are certainly getting snapped up quickly...

Lord Kavos
December 25th, 2014, 11:39
Here are Ember's files mate.

Farnaby
December 25th, 2014, 17:20
And here are Rashmi's files:

Inventory (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aii37alIzB4rdGEyalFEWjV1OHNZS2l5OWFXRmg4M EE&usp=sharing)
Chronicle (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byi37alIzB4remNJNWJNaVhsQWZwS3J4OUVYTXFZLWM3aG9j/view?usp=sharing)

cmdisc
December 25th, 2014, 22:27
Took myself off the calendar. I'll be in a session the day before this. Good luck! :)

Victor
December 27th, 2014, 10:44
Here's Coburn

xazil
December 27th, 2014, 11:59
And here is Mordel as he returns to his Vudrani homelands...

I will probably have more purchases for when he starts, but this is all current now.

lachancery
December 27th, 2014, 21:38
Thanks for the character postings. As a heads up, I would like to avoid a situation we had during my other scenario last week where we ended up spending far too much time during the game to clarify rules. If your character has any special ability, or if you intend to attempt any creative use of skill, feat, ability or spell, please write it now in the forum so we can clear it up before the session.

As a heads up, I intend to keep tomorrow's session "in the mood" and I will quickly decide on how to resolve situation, and limit rules discussion. In my opinion, it makes for far better role playing this way.

Yves.

lachancery
December 27th, 2014, 21:40
And here is Mordel as he returns to his Vudrani homelands...

I will probably have more purchases for when he starts, but this is all current now.
OOoooooh! Mordel is a Catfolk... I'm sooooo curious to see what the boon chronicle looks like for the Catfolk; would you share for us naive fellow players who have never seen it? What event did you get it at?

xazil
December 27th, 2014, 22:07
Actually no, Mordel is a Rakshasa blooded tiefling. With the maw and tail abilities added onto him I fluffed him to look like his progenitor.

lachancery
December 27th, 2014, 22:10
Actually no, Mordel is a Rakshasa blooded tiefling. With the maw and tail abilities added onto him I fluffed him to look like his progenitor.
*Pout* I thought I was going to see my first Catfolk in PFS.

Rivver
December 27th, 2014, 22:47
Here is Alaerin.

Farnaby
December 28th, 2014, 01:52
I jumped into that game with Rashmi and I will send you her updated xml, et al soon.

HoloGnome
December 28th, 2014, 05:14
If your character has any special ability, or if you intend to attempt any creative use of skill, feat, ability or spell, please write it now in the forum so we can clear it up before the session.
Yves.

Nothing too special about Drakon at this point - he is a straight Bloodrager. The only things of note are as follows:
-Draconic bloodline gives him 2 claw attacks with a full-round action at 1st level. So, he will either move and swing his greataxe or maybe stand still and double attack with his claws. Who knows?
-He has 2 wands that are stored in spring-loaded wrist sheaths (one on each arm) that deploy as a swift action. So, if he needs to heal or use shield, move+standard+swift are all possible. However, in the case of Infernal Healing, it's a full-round cast.
-He uses bandoliers to access things like alchemist's fire, etc., which are usable as a move ("retrieve a stored item") action in combat or otherwise, but fairly common.
-He carries 2 quivers and has smoke arrows as an option - I haven't used them before, so if there's something I need to worry about, let me know.

Thanks - looking forward to it.

lachancery
December 28th, 2014, 06:03
Thanks for calling these out before tomorrow night's game. Here's stuff to consider:

-Draconic bloodline gives him 2 claw attacks with a full-round action at 1st level. So, he will either move and swing his greataxe or maybe stand still and double attack with his claws. Who knows?

Ok. When switching between the two, be mindful of the move action required to sheathe (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/combat.html#draw-or-sheathe-a-weapon) a weapon or to pick it up (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/combat.html#manipulate-an-item) on the floor (both provoking an AO) if you dropped earlier it as a free action to make a full 2 claws attack.

-He has 2 wands that are stored in spring-loaded wrist sheaths (one on each arm) that deploy as a swift action. So, if he needs to heal or use shield, move+standard+swift are all possible. However, in the case of Infernal Healing, it's a full-round cast.

Ok. Be mindful the spring shoots (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/weapon-and-armor-accessories#TOC-Wrist-Sheath-spring-loaded) it out into your hand as a swift action, but you're stuck with the wand in your hand until you drop it on the floor (free action), sheathe it (move action) or crank the spring back (full round action). Also, keep in mind that while you have a wand in one hand, you are not threatening with a two handed weapon. And the obvious one - remember there's only one swift action per round.

-He carries 2 quivers and has smoke arrows as an option - I haven't used them before, so if there's something I need to worry about, let me know.
After a quick search, I couldn't find any rule on activating a smokestick (what creates the smoke on the arrow). I'll rule it's a free action to start the smokestick unless we find a rule that says otherwise.

HoloGnome
December 28th, 2014, 07:15
Thanks for the replies! The plan is just to drop the axe and not pick it up until the immediate threat is cleared. Similarly, in the past I have dropped wands...but also need to make sure there are no arcane enemies around when I do that. ;) On the smokestick, I really appreciate the free action ruling, but, to light anything is probably a standard action, so I will downgrade myself if that's OK. :D

But, I will have tinder twigs in my bandolier (move action to access). So, assuming you agree, the smoke arrows will take 1 round to light (move to get twig, standard to light arrow, free action to swear at enemy), then shoot the following round. I'm not sure how usable they will be and they may not work too well in primary combat, but they have some interesting hypothetical and creative uses, for example, in enclosed areas to provide concealment and 20% miss against ranged foes. So...how does that sound? Thx.

xazil
December 28th, 2014, 11:57
Mordel is a Paladin/Ranger of Erastil and is pretty much a Survival/Diplomacy Archer character. He does have some Panache ala the swashbuckler but mostly this just makes him a more accurate archer.

Farnaby
December 28th, 2014, 14:01
Okay, here are Rashmi's updated files.

Inventory (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Aii37alIzB4rdGEyalFEWjV1OHNZS2l5OWFXRmg4M EE&authuser=0)

lachancery
December 28th, 2014, 22:08
@ Farnaby: I can't figure out why Duma has 23 Dex instead of 21 (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/classes/druid.html#animal-companions-cat-small-cheetah-leopard); Am I missing something?

@ Xazil: Your chronicle sheet for The Emerald Spire should get your 3 XP, unless I'm mistaken?

Farnaby
December 28th, 2014, 23:58
No clue, I just added it in Hero Lab.

Just found it:

Why the +2 to ability, I'm not sure.

Anyway, I changed it and here is the proper xml with all the changes due to 21 Dex.

xazil
December 29th, 2014, 01:25
Correct, its only supposed to be 3xp and 4 prestige. Almost lost out on a play session there.

HoloGnome
December 29th, 2014, 19:49
Thanks for the game yesterday - that was fun!

lachancery
December 29th, 2014, 20:28
Thanks for joining in the game last night. Congrats on succeeding your secondary mission!

Chronicle sheets have been posted on my dropbox at this link (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/57hak3kfumgd0tz/AAB7B2M0ue-bpvxbB8OUDm5Xa/PFS1-33?dl=0).

Please review and let me know if anything is wrong or missing.

Yves.

Victor
December 30th, 2014, 04:34
Looks good, thanks! Thanks for the run too, was very enjoyable. :)

Farnaby
December 31st, 2014, 20:15
@ Farnaby: I can't figure out why Duma has 23 Dex instead of 21 (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/classes/druid.html#animal-companions-cat-small-cheetah-leopard); Am I missing something?

@ Xazil: Your chronicle sheet for The Emerald Spire should get your 3 XP, unless I'm mistaken?

I found out what it is: I've got the Eye for Talent alternate racial trait.
+2 sense motive and also the +2 ability score for the animal companion

lachancery
December 31st, 2014, 21:04
I found out what it is: I've got the Eye for Talent alternate racial trait.
+2 sense motive and also the +2 ability score for the animal companion
Ha! That's pretty cool. Might be a good idea to create a special ability for your alternate racial trait then?

Farnaby
January 2nd, 2015, 06:53
The +2 sense motive is already in as I use Hero Lab for my characters.

lachancery
January 2nd, 2015, 07:57
The +2 sense motive is already in as I use Hero Lab for my characters.
Indeed, but there doesn't seem to be any text description exported out of Hero Lab, so your FG GM will look at it and think it's a mistake, thus my recommendation to create a custom special ability that would get exported into FG to describe it.

Farnaby
January 2nd, 2015, 08:39
Okay, thanks.