PDA

View Full Version : New Hellfrost campaign started - questions after 1st session

AstaSyneri
December 21st, 2014, 16:54
Grrr. The forum ate my post because the session vanished. :(

I ran a session on Friday with new players, they really loved the homebrewn Hellfrost session (without Hellfrost rules set). MVP: Changing the hues on the desktop according to time of the day, being in dark forests, etc.

Inevitably questions cropped up:

The whispering didn't seem to work. I only got an error message (as the GM), when players whispered to me, I got the message from <unknown>. Known problem?
One of the PCs has Beast Master with brown bear. How do I attach this ally to the char sheet?
Supposedly the content of the chatbox is saved into a dump file. Where do I find this file, if at all?

Ikael
December 21st, 2014, 20:09
Grrr. The forum ate my post because the session vanished. :(

I ran a session on Friday with new players, they really loved the homebrewn Hellfrost session (without Hellfrost rules set). MVP: Changing the hues on the desktop according to time of the day, being in dark forests, etc.

Inevitably questions cropped up:

The whispering didn't seem to work. I only got an error message (as the GM), when players whispered to me, I got the message from <unknown>. Known problem?
One of the PCs has Beast Master with brown bear. How do I attach this ally to the char sheet?
Supposedly the content of the chatbox is saved into a dump file. Where do I find this file, if at all?

To start with, can you type /version in the campaign and copy-paste results here.

3) chat messages are written into chatlog.html file in your campaign's folder (ie. Fantasy Grounds Application Data folder -> campaigns -> your_campaign_name -> chatlog.html)

Mask_of_winter
December 22nd, 2014, 01:20
2. Once the bear NPC is in the NPCs/Personalities list, drag and drop onto the character sheet in the ally box. Do not drag straight from a library entry.

AstaSyneri
December 22nd, 2014, 11:02
To start with, can you type /version in the campaign and copy-paste results here.

SW Enhanced Character Sheets version 1.1 (Build 5)
SW Enhanced Desktop version 1.0 (Build 2)
SW Enhanced Desktop version 1.0 (Build 2)

Found the chatlog - thanks! Very helpful...

Thanks for the Allies tip - It took we a while to find the box in the Notes tab. :(