PDA

View Full Version : problem connecting to host - comcast

JulioIP
December 19th, 2014, 22:25
hi all, ok, i have an ultimate license on my main comp, directly connected to router. trying to connect to my main with my laptop with a lite license over wifi and it cant connect. im using comcast. tried the portforwarding, setup a static ip and fowarded port 1802 to the new ip address on my main. when i do a connection test they both work but only when 1 is running, if both are on one fails. i checked the port using the portforwarding app from the website where i got directions from. port was open when FG was closed but locked when it was open.
so
question 1: should i be able to connect this way?

question 2: if i should be able to connect, any idea what im doing wrong? and i am by noway a pro at this LOL!!.

not a super huge problem, i just wanted to check what im building, i can and have been using localhost to connect to my main (from my main) and have had no issues with friends connecting to me.

thanks.

FYI: i love this program (ty!!) and am so looking forwarding to using it. cant wait to actually play a game on it :)

Trenloe
December 19th, 2014, 22:45
Don't do a connection check when 2 are running - the connection check is just for the GM. You can only have one GM connection through your router at one point.

When you are trying to connect your lite to the GM on your own LAN use the internal address (probably something like 192.168.xx.yy) to connect to the GM - don't use the alias.

damned
December 19th, 2014, 23:37
1. Make sure you start GM fist and dont do any port checks on Lite. if your router is using UPNP it might map 1802 to the wrong computer
2. If unsure - reboot your router and do again - making sure Ultimate loads up first and do the Test Connection before starting Lite
3. As Trenloe says - connect to the Internal IP of the Ultimate when on same LAN

JulioIP
December 20th, 2014, 10:44
that worked :) all i had to do was use the internal ip :) thanks so much for your quick response and your help :)