PDA

View Full Version : Script error on test server

VenomousFiligree
December 19th, 2014, 18:56
Get the following error in test mode when i roll any dice in the window. Running on a Mac with the 5e ruleset, language extension, weather extension and towns extension. Not had the problem previously, i am running the campaign copied from a windows machine

Script Error: [string "desktop/scripts/modifierstack.lua"]:241: attempt to index field 'targeting' (a nil value)

VenomousFiligree
December 19th, 2014, 18:59
Same on a clean campaign with the same three extensions and without the extensions

dulux-oz
December 20th, 2014, 14:21
Get the following error in test mode when i roll any dice in the window. Running on a Mac with the 5e ruleset, language extension, weather extension and towns extension. Not had the problem previously, i am running the campaign copied from a windows machine

Script Error: [string "desktop/scripts/modifierstack.lua"]:241: attempt to index field 'targeting' (a nil value)

Somewhat off topic, but were you aware that the town extension has been superseded by the Locations extension?

Also, were you aware that the Weather extension has NOT been tested to with town extension, but has been tested with the Locations extension?

Finally, were you aware that there are new versions of the both the Weather extension and the Locations extension coming out in the new year, which definitely won't be compatible with the town extension (but an upgrade path will be available)?

I'd hate for it to be Extension incompatibilities that was causing you issues (even though you say you're having them without any extensions loaded).

Cheers

Mask_of_winter
December 20th, 2014, 14:33
I had a similar issue. That's since the new corerpg update. Some extensions are responsible for this error. For me it was with SavageWorlds and enhanced effects extensions.

VenomousFiligree
December 20th, 2014, 17:16
Somewhat off topic, but were you aware that the town extension has been superseded by the Locations extension?

Also, were you aware that the Weather extension has NOT been tested to with town extension, but has been tested with the Locations extension?

Finally, were you aware that there are new versions of the both the Weather extension and the Locations extension coming out in the new year, which definitely won't be compatible with the town extension (but an upgrade path will be available)?

I'd hate for it to be Extension incompatibilities that was causing you issues (even though you say you're having them without any extensions loaded).

Cheers

I meant the locations extension, I was attempting to recall its name without actually checking it. A fail obviously! :)

VenomousFiligree
December 20th, 2014, 17:17
(Double post)

VenomousFiligree
December 20th, 2014, 17:19
I had a similar issue. That's since the new corerpg update. Some extensions are responsible for this error. For me it was with SavageWorlds and enhanced effects extensions.

As mentioned I eventually checked it with no extensions and a clean campaign, and it was still there.

Ikael
December 20th, 2014, 19:44
This error comes from latest CoreRPG 3.10 update where modifierstack is expected to have new control and function. I was kinda seeing that there would be more issues about this, so I would recommend SmiteWorks to patch those requirements to be optional aka with nil checking in actionmanager and modifierstack scripts. Savage Worlds was also victim of this issue, but now it has been fixed by providing updated version of ruleset + extensions. This issue would popup to any and all CoreRPG derived rulesets which make changes to modifierstack functionality, so it might become annoyance to many rulesets

dulux-oz
December 21st, 2014, 03:24
I meant the locations extension, I was attempting to recall its name without actually checking it. A fail obviously! :)

Cool - its just that there is an (old) town and an (old) shop extension still available (from the 3.5Extensions Thread, I think) and, as I originally based the locations extension off of both of these (to make in backwards compatible) because locations supersedes both town and shop I've never tested my other extensions with town or shop, expecting (hoping, maybe) that people will make the switch (because I think locations is a better extensions with more functionality than the other two - but that could just be my rampant ego acting up again :p ).

Just trying to keep things straight in my own head. :)

Cheers

dulux-oz
December 21st, 2014, 03:27
This error comes from latest CoreRPG 3.10 update where modifierstack is expected to have new control and function. I was kinda seeing that there would be more issues about this, so I would recommend SmiteWorks to patch those requirements to be optional aka with nil checking in actionmanager and modifierstack scripts. Savage Worlds was also victim of this issue, but now it has been fixed by providing updated version of ruleset + extensions. This issue would popup to any and all CoreRPG derived rulesets which make changes to modifierstack functionality, so it might become annoyance to many rulesets

Just a quick word to everyone: both the Locations and Weather Extensions do not involve the Modify Stack - there are no die rolls in the Locations Extension and the Weather Extension does not touch the Modifier Stack for its die rolls - however, the Weather Extension does use the underlying actionmanager fro CoreRPG, so it may be effected. I haven't spotted anything yet, but...

Cheers

VenomousFiligree
December 21st, 2014, 12:02
Just realised this is in the wrong forum, feel free to move.