PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought about the future.

ShotGun Jolly
December 19th, 2014, 10:59
Hi,

This question is more directed towards the FGII Team and Smiteworks. But I was wondering if anyone has been doing any thinking about making this program available for mobile devices, like tablets or Ipads? I was thinking that, if this could be turned into an app that could be used, then players can use their tablet to log on and play.

I do not think it would be very user friendly for a GM, but for a player, why not?

Anyways, just something to talk about.

Nylanfs
December 19th, 2014, 12:00
That is one of the things they are looking at for the Unity re-write.

Blacky
December 20th, 2014, 07:53
Probably more like thinking about looking at…

Getting it to run is one thing. Handling tiny touch screen with no keyboard and no mouse is something else altogether, especially with the need to keep backward compatibility with existing rulesets.

ddavison
December 20th, 2014, 16:51
We've discussed strategies but have not put together a build plan for it yet. Our first step is to build out the normal client-server app, then tackle a web interface and finally move to a tablet interface. We are trying to be as forward-looking as possible with the early stages so we don't make it impossible to do the later stages due to an architecture choice.

ShotGun Jolly
December 21st, 2014, 17:15
Its good to hear that its being thought about. I been wondering if it could be possible. When I play a game as a player, I often wonder if it could be done with out all the extra bulk of my Laptop or my desktop PC. My Mac Book Air Pro, is almost the size of a tablet, but I seldom travel with that device.