PDA

View Full Version : Questions about extending Combat Tracker in ruleset extending CoreRPG

ianmward
December 15th, 2014, 08:44
Hi,

I am working on updating the Shadowrun ruleset to use CoreRPG and am working on the Combat Tracker part now.

I have a couple of questions about how best to do the special rounds / pass concept.

Some characters will have multiple actions per round, or passes. After all characters have acted in the first pass, the characters with 2 or more passes can act again (in initiative order), then all characters with 3 or more etc. until all passes are complete, then all characters roll initiative again and a new round starts.

I see that there is a callback for CustomTurnEnd handler and here I could do something to reset the current initiative so that the actor would move to the bottom of the queue if he/she has another pass.
HOWEVER, looking at the combat_manager, this is not called if there is currently no next actor, instead it calls the nextRound directly with no chance to do anything.

Should I simply reimplement combat_manager.lua in my ruleset? Or can I extend it to do what I need?

Thanks

Ian

Nylanfs
December 15th, 2014, 14:03
I have no answer for you to your question, but "Yea SR updated"!

Nylanfs
December 15th, 2014, 14:52
Wrong post