PDA

View Full Version : blurry launcher and tabletop

handofheaven
December 15th, 2014, 01:21
Running windows 8.1, 64 bit, Nvidia gtx 260 x2 in SLI, but launcher and tabletop get fuzzy for me. If i move my mouse over a blurry region, say character icons, they sharpen up, but everything else then gets blurry. Have updated graphics drivers, and tried playing with UI scale, both up and down, blurring still occurs. Didn't see any other recent posts about this, so i don't know if it's an isolated incident, or what. If I take a screenshot, the screenshot comes through clear, so I believe it may be a refresh rate issue or some such, but not sure why/how, as I've never had this issue with any other softwares.

handofheaven
December 15th, 2014, 01:32
Thought I'd fire a response, as after some oddball tweaking with my Nvidia control panel, I seem to have eliminated the issue, for reasons unknown. I opened my Nvidia control panel, went to manage 3D settings, added fantasy grounds application, and then disabled anti-aliasing settings for that application. So far, seems to have resolved my issues, will post after tonight's session if issues return, hope this helps others as well.

Trenloe
December 15th, 2014, 01:43
Yeah, anti-aliasing is usually the culprit.

Mistamichal
December 15th, 2014, 02:01
On a lighter note: Great computer name! Mine is called HAL-9000.

handofheaven
December 15th, 2014, 05:11
It was, in fact, the anti-aliasing, and ran flawlessly for tonight's session. hope this helps others, love the software, we just switched from roll20, and using this we got twice as much done, and much less bookwork for players and DMs, with all the automated capabilities.

damned
December 15th, 2014, 14:37
It was, in fact, the anti-aliasing, and ran flawlessly for tonight's session. hope this helps others, love the software, we just switched from roll20, and using this we got twice as much done, and much less bookwork for players and DMs, with all the automated capabilities.

Thats great to hear. Welcome aboard. Glad you got it sorted.

Meyrink
December 31st, 2014, 09:58
Thought I'd fire a response, as after some oddball tweaking with my Nvidia control panel, I seem to have eliminated the issue, for reasons unknown. I opened my Nvidia control panel, went to manage 3D settings, added fantasy grounds application, and then disabled anti-aliasing settings for that application. So far, seems to have resolved my issues, will post after tonight's session if issues return, hope this helps others as well.

How did you create a custom profile for Fantasy Grounds under the Manage 3D Settings tab? When I click on the drop down list I don't see Fantasy Grounds as a selection, so I can't add it.

Loucifer
December 31st, 2014, 11:56
Right next to the drop down list is an add button, click that, then click browse to find your FG executable file. (i.e. FantasyGrounds.exe, and/or FGSteamLauncher.exe)

Meyrink
December 31st, 2014, 18:18
Right next to the drop down list is an add button, click that, then click browse to find your FG executable file. (i.e. FantasyGrounds.exe, and/or FGSteamLauncher.exe)

Sweet. Thanks a lot! Never had to tinker with it so I wasn't sure. Didn't want to mess something up.

Works great now!