PDA

View Full Version : PFS #55: The Infernal Vault - Sunday, December 21st - 9pm EST (2am UTC)

lachancery
December 13th, 2014, 23:36
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for 1st to 7th level characters (Tiers: 1–2, 3–4, and 6–7).

A decade ago, the Decklands family, a house of Chelish nobles, were exiled from Absalom for treason. Their fate made for an interesting story and when a Pathfinder agent in Cheliax studying the family's long history and exile from the City at the Center of the World ends up murdered, the Society sends you to the recently discovered Deckland Vaults in Absalom to see what connection their old home might have to your murdered colleague.

Written by Thurston Hillman

Please sign up on the Game Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1305).

Post the following information here:

Character class & level:
Level:

Attach Character File (FG XML)
Attach Previous Chronicle Sheet

NEW PFS Characters will obviously not have a previous chronicle sheet so I will require:

PFS#
Faction
Starting Gold (after Level 1 purchases)

All players must sign up here as well as on the Calendar and will be accepted in the order they post here.

Trueshots
December 13th, 2014, 23:59
Bam, I'm in. Love your games. Haven't been in one in a while! I posted I would play my ninja but I'm playing here tomorrow. Which may put her to 8, I can't remember. If not all I have other than that is a 3,2,1 i think.

Rivver
December 14th, 2014, 02:07
I'm in but I'll have to update you with character details as I am currently looking at alterations. Please save a space for me though and as soon as I have all my character details I will post them.

Victor
December 14th, 2014, 07:29
Bam I'm in too! Not played your games but Trueshot's testimonial has me convinced! :)
I will be running Coburn, a level 1.1 *Confirmed! Human Warpriest. I will post his xml and all that jazz in a day or two after I update it with his shiny new bow.

Lord Kavos
December 14th, 2014, 07:40
Im in with Ulfgar...

kwarner1986
December 14th, 2014, 07:44
I'll bring Archer.

Lord Kavos
December 14th, 2014, 07:56
If we are all low level I will bring my half-Orc alchemist 1 or ifrit dawn flower dervish (bard) 1

kwarner1986
December 14th, 2014, 10:15
Bringing back the know it all.

lachancery
December 14th, 2014, 13:55
Hmmm... We have quite the spread in the characters so far; 3xL1, 1xL4, 1xL5 & 1xL7! I'm not sure this party make up would provide a great experience. Trueshots: do you have a lower level character instead?

Farnaby
December 14th, 2014, 16:10
I'm in with a Lvl 1 Druid if I'm not too late. If yes, put me on the waiting list please. :-)

Rivver
December 14th, 2014, 18:02
Okay, here is my character info:

Character Name: Alaerin
Character class & level: Ranger 1
Level: 1

HoloGnome
December 14th, 2014, 19:14
I'd like to play with Drakon the L1 Bloodrager if there's room.

lachancery
December 17th, 2014, 02:55
@ Rivver & HoloGnome: Sorry, you're on the alternate waiting list if one of the six players bails out. You're welcome to upload your stuff in case a spot frees up.

@ Others: Subtier 3-4 encounters can one-shot kill level 1 characters. I recommend the 3 higher level player post a level 3 or lower characters to keep the subtier to 1-2.

Lord Kavos
December 17th, 2014, 03:01
Already got you kill quota for the year in the last mod heh? Lol

I have 2 x lvl 1 pcs - will bring one of them.

Let me have a look what the party currently looks like & I will post my decision.

Victor
December 17th, 2014, 03:13
Hey, just thought you may want to know that Rivver was signed up 2nd for this. I signed up 3rd here on the forum and when I put my name on the calendar only 2 names were on it, Rivver was one of them, I think Trueshots was the other. My name moved Rivver's down on the list.
Obviously the calendar does not keep signup order. That would be a good thing to add to the wish list.

P.S. I will be sending my character info real soon now... :)

lachancery
December 17th, 2014, 03:20
Hey, just thought you may want to know that Rivver was signed up 2nd for this. I signed up 3rd here on the forum and when I put my name on the calendar only 2 names were on it, Rivver was one of them, I think Trueshots was the other. My name moved Rivver's down on the list.

Thanks for catching that! It's Farnaby & HoloGnome that are alternates on the waiting list. Rivver's in.

Trueshots
December 17th, 2014, 06:24
Well Looks like my level 7 is gonna be a bit much for this game, looks like most are bringing level ones, so ill get my level 1-3's ready. Thanks

Rivver
December 17th, 2014, 09:38
Thanks Victor! I was all ready to do so grumbling and you got there and defended me. My hero...!

Victor
December 17th, 2014, 23:27
Aw Shucks Ma'am, all in a day's work. :)
Here is Coburn's stuff:

Lord Kavos
December 19th, 2014, 23:16
Still not sure which PC to play...so have attached both here & will decide on the day of the game.

Here is Ember, my Dawnflower Dervish Bard...

Lord Kavos
December 19th, 2014, 23:18
And here is Urok, my half-orc alchemist.

Probably leaning towards playing him at this stage...

Trueshots
December 19th, 2014, 23:28
@ Rivver & HoloGnome: Sorry, you're on the alternate waiting list if one of the six players bails out. You're welcome to upload your stuff in case a spot frees up.

@ Others: Subtier 3-4 encounters can one-shot kill level 1 characters. I recommend the 3 higher level player post a level 3 or lower characters to keep the subtier to 1-2.

Lachancery, I think subtler 3-4 should be good. From what is read on the products pages on Paizo about the scenario is that it's " not that challenging". I have a level 3 I can bring. No sense and us bringing a 5 and 7 level character when everyone else id level one. The level ones would get no combat action al all. I'll get mine to gather now and post XML and Chronicle.

darrenan
December 19th, 2014, 23:58
Going with the Flame Oracle.

No Previous Chronicle
PFS # 128765-3
Starting Money: 13gp 8sp 9cp
Scarab Sages

EDIT: Forgot to attach boon sheet for playing an Ifrit, here it is:

Farnaby
December 20th, 2014, 10:48
Just in case someone drops out, here is Rashmi:

lachancery
December 20th, 2014, 14:13
Lachancery, I think subtler 3-4 should be good. From what is read on the products pages on Paizo about the scenario is that it's " not that challenging". I have a level 3 I can bring. No sense and us bringing a 5 and 7 level character when everyone else id level one. The level ones would get no combat action al all. I'll get mine to gather now and post XML and Chronicle.
The subtier will be determined by what characters are brought. I checked the encounters in subtier 3-4, and there are possible "one shot kills" for level 1 characters - that is what I wrote about a few days ago.

PS: If you read posts before playing scenarios, I expect you will not leak any spoilers for the other players during the session, right?

Trueshots
December 21st, 2014, 02:47
The subtier will be determined by what characters are brought. I checked the encounters in subtier 3-4, and there are possible "one shot kills" for level 1 characters - that is what I wrote about a few days ago.

PS: If you read posts before playing scenarios, I expect you will not leak any spoilers for the other players during the session, right?

No,No i was just reading from the product page where it gave the 3,4,5 starts etc.

Trueshots
December 21st, 2014, 04:22
OK, Here goes. This is a level 1 Full respect. Ive loaded last chronicle and everything is good except I don't want the Wand of Mage Armor so I need to get those 2 pp back. I"m also buying the following:

Veterinarian's Kit 25gp
Armband of the Brawler 500gp
Dark leaf Cloth Lamellar Leather Armor 800gp
carnivore feed X20 = 1gp
saddle bad 4gp
Training Harness 10gp

PFS # 71518-2
Starting Fame 6
Starting PP 4
Gold 1601
End Gold 261

This has taken an act of God to do, I still can't use character converter, but I guess Ill figure it out one day....pain in my @$$

Lord Kavos
December 21st, 2014, 13:03
If you want to load both my PCs into the game Yves, I will choose which one based on the party preference.

Your call guys - a melee bard, or a back ranking bomb slinger...

I dont care either way...

Trueshots
December 21st, 2014, 13:44
If you want to load both my PCs into the game Yves, I will choose which one based on the party preference.

Do you have a squire that can carry my gear, cook my meals and run ahead of me to spring all the traps? If so play that one :)

Lord Kavos
December 21st, 2014, 14:02
Hi Yves,

Made some changes to both my pcs - please use these xmls...

Victor
December 21st, 2014, 14:12

gaaaah nooo.... I can't handle making decisions like that! I can't take the responsibility! Oh god. now I am gonna be up all night.. again!
I know, I know, its... BLUE! NO, wait, RED! aaiighhh

Farnaby
December 21st, 2014, 19:10
What's the host name?

lachancery
December 21st, 2014, 19:27
What's the host name?

Ah, yes, useful information... It's quiet turtle cold cave. It's also on the Game Calendar entry.

Host will be up 15-30 minutes before game tonight.

Farnaby
December 21st, 2014, 19:33
Um, it isn't. Nor is the date & time on the right.

Either that or something is really screwed up on my end. :-)

lachancery
December 21st, 2014, 22:06
Um, it isn't. Nor is the date & time on the right.

Either that or something is really screwed up on my end. :-)
Ah, that's interesting. I think you have to be "accepted" to the game to see the server address. I had left you as "Pending" since the game table was full. Let's test it out; I have accepted you to the game - do you see the alias now?

As for the date/time, it seems I had indeed not set a time on the Game Calendar...

Farnaby
December 21st, 2014, 22:12
Yes, now I see the alias.
Interesting feature.

I'm not sure if I will be there as I misread the time.
It's 3 am here in Europe and also I'm only the backup.

If I'm still awake, I'll look in and see if someone has dropped out. :-)

lachancery
December 22nd, 2014, 07:22
@ Rivver: here's your XML at the end of the Scenario.

Lord Kavos
December 22nd, 2014, 10:16
Hey Yves thanks for the game...

Here are Ember's details & purchases:

Player Name: Andrew Cowan
Character Name: Ember Novastar
PFS# 84414-5 (PC# 5)

Gold after starting purchases: 33 gp

This chronicle will be #2 - have ifrit boon as 1st chronicle.

Purchases:

Wand of CLW (2 PP)
masterwork Scimitar (315 gp)
scroll of Mage Armor (25 gp)

Victor
December 23rd, 2014, 07:43
Thanks for the game, looking forward to your next one. :)

Coburn would like to buy:

Wand of CLW 2pp
MW Darkwood Glaive 408gp

thanks!

Trueshots
December 23rd, 2014, 08:10
I missed have the chronicles been posted yet?

lachancery
December 23rd, 2014, 18:18
Session has been reported on Paizo's site and chronicle Sheets are available on my Dropbox at this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/57hak3kfumgd0tz/AACPpS88vbTR3zAhaZkQUrf3a/PFS1-55?dl=0

@ Trueshots & Kavos: Didn't have your faction. Please confirm it is the right one.

@ Trueshots: You were slightly off on the price on the armor; Lamellar leather is 60gp (+750gp for darkleaf cloth).

@ Others: please review your chronicle sheets to confirm their accuracy.

Thanks for playing The Infernal Vault!

Trueshots
December 23rd, 2014, 18:31
Veterinarian's Kit 25gp
Armband of the Brawler 500gp
Dark leaf Cloth Lamellar Leather Armor 810gp
carnivore feed X20 = 1gp
saddle bad 4gp
Training Harness 10gp

PFS # 71518-2
Starting Fame 6
Starting PP 4
Starting Gold 1601
End Gold 260 SP 9 CP5

Yea its 810 not 800 on the armor, but you left out the train harness at 10p. so my end gold should be 788.9.5

Is that what you get?

Faction. I am Taldor, but I see they have been wiped off the face of the earth give me a sec and Ill pick a new one

Trueshots
December 23rd, 2014, 18:41
Faction. I am Taldor, but I see they have been wiped off the face of the earth give me a sec and Ill pick a new one

Ill go with .........Liberty's Edge? I guess...who knows LOL. Tandoor was my go to, that and silver crusade. Ill try Liberty's Edge this go round, don't think it matters too much.

Trenloe
December 23rd, 2014, 18:55
Ill go with .........Liberty's Edge? I guess...who knows LOL. Tandoor was my go to, that and silver crusade. Ill try Liberty's Edge this go round, don't think it matters too much.
You automatically change to Sovereign Court (which is the new country-less Taldor). You can do a free change once this season if you no longer want to be in Sovereign Court. See the "Changing your Faction" section starting on page 17 of the Season 6 Guide to Pathfinder Society Organized Play.

lachancery
December 23rd, 2014, 21:31
You automatically change to Sovereign Court (which is the new country-less Taldor). You can do a free change once this season if you no longer want to be in Sovereign Court. See the "Changing your Faction" section starting on page 17 of the Season 6 Guide to Pathfinder Society Organized Play.
His character just had a level 1 free retraining before leveling to 2nd. My understanding is that also allows to switch to any faction without counting as a faction change, right?

lachancery
December 23rd, 2014, 21:39
Yea its 810 not 800 on the armor, but you left out the train harness at 10p. so my end gold should be 788.9.5

Is that what you get?

Your tally doesn't match mine. I've added the harness on your chronicle sheet. Check out the math and let me know if I made a mistake somewhere.

For your faction, let me know if you prefer Sovereign Court.

Trenloe
December 23rd, 2014, 22:12
His character just had a level 1 free retraining before leveling to 2nd. My understanding is that also allows to switch to any faction without counting as a faction change, right?
Yeah, you can change anything about the character (except the PFS number) before the character levels up to 2nd level.

Victor
December 23rd, 2014, 23:01
All good except Coburn's PFS # is - 2 not - 3
Thanks

lachancery
December 24th, 2014, 02:37
All good except Coburn's PFS # is - 2 not - 3
Thanks

Ooops. Chronicle sheet is fixed on Dropbox.