PDA

View Full Version : Guaging Interest: PFS #6-02 The Silver Mount Collection

darrenan
December 13th, 2014, 20:52
This is a tier 3-7 scenario, and I would like to run this scenario sometime between now and 1/5. I am currently on vacation so I can be pretty flexible on times and days, with the only time restriction being US PST waking hours (PST 9am-12am, UTC 5pm-8am). Please reply here if you're interested and let me know what times and days work best. Once I have critical mass, I'll post a more official notice and put it on the calendar.

xazil
December 13th, 2014, 20:56
I have time off work over the christmas / new years break and would be happy to come along. Although I think I only have my druid (3 or 4) available until completing the Quest for Perfection series. If you want to run it in 6-7 Jan next year would be perfect for about a whole group of us who are tight on XP limits on the above series.

darrenan
December 13th, 2014, 21:11
After 1/5, my availablity to GM shrinks down to just Saturdays. But if I don't find a full group to run it before then, I'll try to set it up for a Saturday later in January.

lachancery
December 13th, 2014, 21:51
Definitely interested. My availability is always evenings after 8:30pm Eastern Time (gotta work & take care of kids before that). Which days vary (I have some every 2nd week games), but I'm always available on Sundays & Mondays.

Trueshots
December 13th, 2014, 23:56
Yea Im a go from now till 2nd week in Jan. I will be out of town from 27-31st of Dec but pretty good other than that. Will be working from home except for the occasion lunch meeting. Im in!

Rivver
December 14th, 2014, 02:09
I'm interested and for the after the 19th of Dec I can do pretty much whatever day/time you'd like. The only thing is I am new to PFS and don't have a 3-7 character yet. Would you be willing to accept a lv4 pre-gen for your game?

Blackfoot
December 14th, 2014, 05:10
I would be interested in playing... I'm available for games in your morning time slots and tuesday afternoons... and probably some other times as well.

Victor
December 14th, 2014, 07:15
I would love to play. Whether or not I can is almost as complex as the playoff picture right now. Oddly enough, it becomes more clear as the month progresses, just like the playoffs. :)
I have a level 5.0 Magus that still has 2 Quest for Perfections to play before he reaches level 6. I do have a 3rd scenario planned for him that Xazil is running, but no date is set for that yet. I also have a Level 1.1 Warpriest.
There are a few ways I could join in:
If Xazil delays his 4th Devil we Know til after both of Cmdisc's games, OR if cmdisc runs both of his games before yours and xazil's, OR if someone wants to run Spires 1 and a couple of other lowbie scenarios to get me and all those other new lowbies up to 3 before your game.. you will have a crowd.
So if any of that happens, heck yea, I'm in! :)

P.S. Any of those times work for me, also PST and home all the time.

kwarner1986
December 14th, 2014, 07:39
I'm willing to bring my Cleric Level 4 or Rogue Level 3, as long as it's at night I'm good to go except for Wednesday & Thursday.

Farnaby
December 14th, 2014, 15:58
I'm good for after the 20/21. I have a witch lvl 3 or a ninja lvl 4.

HoloGnome
December 14th, 2014, 19:15
I am interested in playing with a level 5+ Rogue/Enchanter - similar situation to Victor - would be level 6 after finishing the remaining Quest for Perfections.

cmdisc
December 14th, 2014, 21:24
If you have an overflow of interest, this is one I was thinking of running sometime in the future. Probably not until the next FG Con, though...April/May abouts. I have my eye on a few others before then.

Blackfoot
December 14th, 2014, 22:31
I'm good with that option if it becomes an issue... depending on timing or levels or whatever... however it works out.

darrenan
December 15th, 2014, 20:31
Game Calendar Entry Here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1306)

Several dates proposed, please accept any of them that work for you.

Blackfoot
December 15th, 2014, 20:34
OK. Done. :)

Farnaby
December 15th, 2014, 22:33
I can't say yes or no to any of them. Did I do something wrong?

xazil
December 15th, 2014, 22:36
If you go back to the listing page after applying you can see the yes/no options.

Farnaby
December 15th, 2014, 22:38
Nope,
why does this happen to me....:-(

Blackfoot
December 15th, 2014, 22:46
Go to the calendar main page (not the event page) and you'll be able to make selections.

The issue is that you are 'pending' so until you are active in the event you can't approve anything while in the event.. .. but you CAN on the main calendar page.

Farnaby
December 15th, 2014, 22:57
Interesting, cheers mate. :ninja:

darrenan
December 15th, 2014, 23:28
I have accepted everyone for now, so it should be easier. Sorry about that. I don't use the Game Calendar enough to know all it's little idiosyncracies.

HoloGnome
December 16th, 2014, 00:51
I joined. Will vote if you add me.

Trueshots
December 16th, 2014, 02:45
I have a level 7,3,2,and 1 I believe Ill play what ever. I'm about to have all my data back from when I lost it, its just taking forever. thanks

Victor
December 16th, 2014, 03:20
I joined. Will vote if you add me.

Hey Holo, you are in the same boat as I am, so if I have this right, you have to forego cmdisc's last Quest for Perfection game in order to join in this one, unoless cmdisc runs his before this scenario runs.
I did not sign up for this one because of that. So you gonna pass on Q for P?

darrenan
December 16th, 2014, 03:26
Looks like 12/23 works for everyone. That will be the date.

cmdisc
December 16th, 2014, 05:55
Hey Holo, you are in the same boat as I am, so if I have this right, you have to forego cmdisc's last Quest for Perfection game in order to join in this one, unoless cmdisc runs his before this scenario runs.
I did not sign up for this one because of that. So you gonna pass on Q for P?

As long as he can start Part 3 of QfP with 14XP or less, he's fine. If he comes in with more, then obviously he's reached 6th and has outleveled the 1-5 tier scenario. His options would be to:

#1 Slow Track Zan during 5th level
#2 bring in a different character for Part 3, or
#3 play a pregen whose credit he can then apply to a different character once they hit 4th level.

There is a minor boon for any who complete all 3 with the same character, but it's really meant for those with the animal companion/mount class feature.

Victor
December 16th, 2014, 09:35
Holo and I both have characters with 12xp, he is signed up for 3 games, I am signup up for 2. We both also have Level 1.1 new characters.
He can slow track and still manage to play Q for P III with Zan, but lets talk about me instead. :) I was holding Belte back so he can finish Q for P, any idea when you may run part 3?

cmdisc
December 16th, 2014, 10:23
I'd like to get to Part 3 during the weekends of Jan 2nd, but we can discuss that elsewhere so that I don't highjack this thread.

To get back on track; played this scenario during Con 5 with Hawkwind GMing. Interesting one. All I'm going to say. :p

HoloGnome
December 16th, 2014, 18:25
Zan is going to use Belte as his animal companion. The typical Magus is virtually indistinguishable from most marsupials.

darrenan
December 16th, 2014, 19:08
Couple more tidbits of information:
We will be using the FG Community TeamSpeak server.
I will be collecting pre-chronicle information within FG, so the only email transaction will be the final sheet sent back to you. I will provide a template Note that everyone can copy and fill out.
I'm not going to collect previous chronicle sheets, or look over your characters ahead of time. According to the PFS doc this is only a recommendation, and since I'm on vacation and feeling lazy I'm going to skip it. I've played with most of you before anyway, and trust you.

cmdisc
December 17th, 2014, 15:22
On the flipside of things, if you somehow find yourself with less than a full table, I would be willing to hop aboard to assist if the date/time works. Seeing as I've already played this for credit, I obviously wouldn't be getting a Chronicle for it (and all this would be subject to your approval of course). But just to put it out there as an offer in any case.

Blackfoot
December 17th, 2014, 16:26
It doesn't look like this is going to be an issue... the calendar seems to be overflowing.

lachancery
December 17th, 2014, 18:29
It doesn't look like this is going to be an issue... the calendar seems to be overflowing.
Wait, what? There's a Calendar entry for this? I missed the announcement - I just went to check after your message and it's full. :(

Blackfoot
December 17th, 2014, 18:51
It 'looks' like those that jumped on the thread in terms of posting interest were (in order):
xazil
lachancery
Trueshots
Rivver
Blackfoot
Victor

Plus:
kwarner1986
Farnaby
HoloGnome

lachancery
December 17th, 2014, 19:37
I snoozed on a few messages - it's on me. I'll be alternate, no worries, no drama. ;)

Blackfoot
December 17th, 2014, 21:33
Honestly... with 9 players we really have enough for 2 tables.

Someone who was considering running this 'at some point' might want to jump in now while the players are here and looking for it.

darrenan
December 18th, 2014, 00:09
If everyone on the thread wants to hop onto the calendar entry, and if that time/day works, I'll give the early posters first dibs. At this point I don't want to change the day/time though.

darrenan
December 18th, 2014, 00:22
I can run it twice, if we can find a second day/time that works. Everyone who wants to play, make sure you are signed up HERE (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1306). I'll reintroduce some additional dates that everyone can vote on, and we'll see if we can get a reasonable distribution of players.

darrenan
December 18th, 2014, 00:33
Finally, I WILL have pre-gens available. If you don't have a 3-7 character yet, go ahead and sign up anyway, and we'll see what the group needs.

darrenan
December 18th, 2014, 05:55
Again, everyone PLEASE go to the calendar page (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1306) and click yes for the days that work for you.

If I don't get a second day that works, then I'm just going to do 12/23, in order of who posted on this thread first. There are currently seven sign ups on the calendar page (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1306), which would make HoloGnome the odd man out.

Farnaby
December 18th, 2014, 06:55
Thank you for offering to DM this again.

darrenan
December 18th, 2014, 07:05
My pleasure. I am on vacation, with a surplus of time on my hands, and a scenario prepped and ready to go.

cmdisc
December 18th, 2014, 07:09
I'm definitely one of those "at some point" GM's. But right now I have my hands full with other things, so I'll have to wait on running it. My plan was to GM it sometime around or at the next FG Con, but maybe I can see about fitting it in sooner if the interest is still there.

Victor
December 18th, 2014, 07:24
Yea, thanks for offering to run this twice. :)
I did not sign up on the calendar after I first posted here because I had not decided to slow track yet, and the date was iffy for me. I signed up on the calendar now and will vote on dates. Thanks!

Trueshots
December 18th, 2014, 13:34
Honestly... with 9 players we really have enough for 2 tables.

Someone who was considering running this 'at some point' might want to jump in now while the players are here and looking for it.
100% agree!

lachancery
December 18th, 2014, 18:28
Hmm. There's 8 players signed up on the Game Calendar. It looks like this schedule could work:

A high tier table play on Dec 23rd with Trueshots, Xazil, Victor & HoloGnome.

A low tier table play on Dec 29th or 30th with Blackfoot, lachancery, kwarner1986 & Farnaby.

Cool! :)

Blackfoot
December 18th, 2014, 18:49
The 30th is nominally better for me because I'm pretty much all on my own with nothing to do that night.

HoloGnome
December 18th, 2014, 19:05
Thanks! Sounds great! But...does that mean we're the...guinea pigs? :D

Victor
December 18th, 2014, 19:38
I COULD play on the 23rd but was passing on that date as its kinda close to Christmas. I am in 3 games already this week and that may be a bit much for my wife to take. But then again, she seems fine so far... :)

Anyhow, I can play that date but would rather play in the 2nd game. I can bring a level 1 character if that works.

Can you accept me please so I can vote? Thanks. :)

Blackfoot
December 18th, 2014, 22:28
You 'should' be able to vote anyway.. if you go to the 'Calendar main page' it should show the calendar info for all the games you've signed up for at the top and give you the option to vote on the ones you have not voted for yet.

Rivver? Are you still interested in playing with a Pregen?

xazil
December 18th, 2014, 22:31
Just to state a preference I'd prefer to play on the 23rd and have no problems playing up.

lachancery
December 18th, 2014, 23:41
Anyhow, I can play that date but would rather play in the 2nd game. I can bring a level 1 character if that works.

It's a tier 3-7 scenario; characters must be at minimum 3rd level. You could join the game with a level 4 pregen character though and earn a chronicle sheet you will be able to apply to your character later, when he reaches 3rd level.

Blackfoot
December 19th, 2014, 00:31
I'm pretty sure you can apply your level 4 PREGEN chronicle to a brand new level 1 as well.. no? I can't seem to remember anything anymore.

You may also opt instead to apply the Chronicle sheets earned with a non-1st level pregenerated character to a 1st-level character with the amount of gp gained reduced to 500 gp (or 250 gp for characters using the slow advancement track). You do not lose access to any of the Prestige Points, or items listed on the Chronicle sheets that were earned during the adventure. However, any boons must wait to be utilized until the character is of the same level as the subtier on the Chronicle sheet unless otherwise noted. Any equipment that’s listed on the pregenerated character sheet may only be sold to clear conditions such as death during the play of a sanctioned event, and any remaining gold does not carry over at the end of the adventure.And actually.. he'd have to wait until 4th level.. the level of the Pregen. Apparently it's 'any' 1st level character that they can be applied to as well.. not just 'brand new' ones.

Trenloe
December 19th, 2014, 00:56
Apparently it's 'any' 1st level character that they can be applied to as well.. not just 'brand new' ones.
The requirement to apply a pregen chronicle to only a brand new level 1 PC (if you weren't holding it for the level of the pregen played) changed in season 5 to allow you to apply it to any level 1 PC you own. Note: if you play a level 1 pregen you *have* to apply the chronicle to a brand new PC - you can't apply it to a level 1 PC that has at least 1xp, you should have played that level 1 PC instead of the pregen.

Blackfoot
December 19th, 2014, 00:58
I have trouble keeping up sometimes. :)

Cloudancer
December 19th, 2014, 18:12
I'd be happy to bring a character (not pathfinder society) or play a pregen if you guys still have room for another. I've signed up on the calendar page and have not looked at the module. Let me know what else you might want/need from me.

Blackfoot
December 19th, 2014, 18:17
You need a level 3-7 PFS character. There are plenty of Pregens available though. You can find them HERE (https://paizo.com/products/btpy9a64). Although not all of them have been prepped for FG... so best to let the GM know which one ASAP which one you'd like to play. Either the level 4 or level 7 Pregen should work for this one.. depending on which date you play.

darrenan
December 19th, 2014, 18:52
sorry I was AWOL yesterday. Everyone has been accepted, and it looks like we're good to go for two sessions at this point. If we want to split on class level i.e. have a tier 3-4 group and a tier 6-7 group, I'm worried that the current higher-level group doesn't have a healer, and the only one capable of even wielding a wand is Janek. I would suggest that Clouddancer play the level 7 pregen cleric for that group. Thoughts?

I saw some preferences stated, so I tried to adhere to those. Looks like 12/30 will be second day, so we'll do 12/23 and 12/30. Tentatively the groups line up like this:

12/23 (subtier 6-7):
trueshots
xazil
holognome
cloudancer (lvl 7 pregen cleric)
victor

12/30 (subtier 3-4):
blackfoot
lachancery
kwarner1986
farnaby
rivver

I will slot any subsequent sign-ups appropriately.

Cloudancer
December 19th, 2014, 18:57
I can do that. Just downloaded the pregen char pack from Piazo. If the party needs something else, I'm happy to fill in pretty much any class (I've played them all in one game or another).

I also grabbed the PFS character gen rules. I'll run up a cleric that way as well (not that I'll need it but creating characters is fun and I'm on vacation :) ). Should I get a PFS number while I'm at it?

darrenan
December 19th, 2014, 19:04
I have the pregens already FG-ready. you don't need to do anything except familiarize yourself with Kyra.

Cloudancer
December 19th, 2014, 19:09
Well I got a shiny new PFS number in any case. I'll go over Kyra at 7th level and be ready to play. Thanks for the opportunity.

darrenan
December 19th, 2014, 19:37
I only suggested Kyra because the group needs some healing. Really the only requirement is a class that has cure spells on their spell list so that you can use cure wands that other folks in the groups might want to 'lend' to you. Let me know if you're interested in some other class.

Trueshots
December 19th, 2014, 20:35
Really the only requirement is a class that has cure spells on their spell list so that you can use cure wands.....
Lia can use cure wands with a reasonably decent UMD

darrenan
December 19th, 2014, 20:51
Here is how I will be handling Hardness on creatures. Hardness will be a straight across-the-board damage reduction for all types of damage. Adamantine bypasses hardness less than 20, but +4 enhancement bonus does not. The rule about half energy damage only applies to objects, not creatures, by my reading, so that rule will NOT apply. I don't want to spend any play time arguing about this, so if you disagree please say so now.

Not that there will be any creatures in this scenario with hardness, none, nope, not-at-all, forget I said anything....

darrenan
December 19th, 2014, 20:53
Lia can use cure wands with a reasonably decent UMD

Then I guess Cloudancer you can play whatever class you like. If you want to play a non-core-rulebook class please give me some advance notice so I can get it adequately prepped, I only have CRB class pregens ready to go.

Trueshots
December 19th, 2014, 20:58
let me reiterate that I am NOT an automatic on a heal wand I think my UMD is around 15 or 16 so about a 75 percent chance on a cure light wand that may not be enough for level 7 adventure....plus I'll be invisible most of the time ignoring you all lol

Cloudancer
December 19th, 2014, 21:07
As there was a mad rush on Adamantine weapons at the local HW store. In other news, I'm fine with a Cleric... crunchy on the outside with a soft healing center.

darrenan
December 19th, 2014, 21:40
Couple more tidbits of information:
We will be using the FG Community TeamSpeak server.
I will be collecting pre-chronicle information within FG, so the only email transaction will be the final sheet sent back to you. I will provide a template Note that everyone can copy and fill out.
I'm not going to collect previous chronicle sheets, or look over your characters ahead of time. According to the PFS doc this is only a recommendation, and since I'm on vacation and feeling lazy I'm going to skip it. I've played with most of you before anyway, and trust you.

The method of collecting of pre-chronicle info within FG I was going to try doesn't work. So, please download and fill out the attached pre-chronicle form and mail it to [email protected]. Before, during or after the game session is fine. I will get the completed and signed chronicle back to you as soon as possible.

Victor
December 20th, 2014, 02:08
Could you move me to the game on the 23rd pleas?
Thanks

HoloGnome
December 20th, 2014, 02:39
Zan can use any arcane wands and low-level scrolls. (Infernal Healing, etc.)

darrenan
December 20th, 2014, 05:56
Could you move me to the game on the 23rd pleas?
Thanks

Done

darrenan
December 20th, 2014, 21:17
Here is how I will be handling Hardness on creatures. Hardness will be a straight across-the-board damage reduction for all types of damage. Adamantine bypasses hardness less than 20, but +4 enhancement bonus does not. The rule about half energy damage only applies to objects, not creatures, by my reading, so that rule will NOT apply. I don't want to spend any play time arguing about this, so if you disagree please say so now.

Not that there will be any creatures in this scenario with hardness, none, nope, not-at-all, forget I said anything....

Turns out that this was already answered by the devs in the Season 6 Q&A (https://paizo.com/paizo/blog/v5748dyo5lghy?Year-of-the-Sky-Key-QA):

How does hardness work for creatures? Does energy damage such as cold deal half damage to creatures with hardness (Pathfinder RPG Core Rulebook 173-174) even before applying the flat numerical reduction?
When a creature with hardness sustains damage, subtract its hardness from the damage dealt. The rules for halving damage, doubling damage, dealing damage with ineffective tools, immunities, and the like only apply to damaging inanimate objects.
(This is apparently a question the Design Team has received a few times during the development of Iron Gods, so they were ready to go with an answer!)

kwarner1986
December 20th, 2014, 22:23
I'm a little early on this, but it's better than waiting to the last minute.

Trueshots
December 21st, 2014, 04:27
Well I think she's good to go, Ill find a pic in next few days, lost all my portraits :(

darrenan
December 21st, 2014, 06:42
You guys don't really need to attach or send me character XMLs, just import them yourself at game time. Since you already attached them, I will go ahead and import Lia and Diana.
The only thing I really need is the prechronicle sheet (see post above). Thanks.

Trueshots
December 21st, 2014, 07:13
You guys don't really need to attach or send me character XMLs, just import them yourself at game time.
Blackfoot would have a myocardial infraction if he heard this.....don't bother with loading mine Ill do It locally anyway. Thanks.

Rivver
December 22nd, 2014, 17:20
Please move me to the game on 31st. I was 5th to reply to the OP and somehow managed to get missed off the lists... again... Maybe it's because I'm new.

Blackfoot
December 22nd, 2014, 17:22
Rivver.. do you know about the game calendar?

Rivver
December 22nd, 2014, 17:24
I do, but it was only last night that Xazil helped me with how to find new stuff and today that I worked out the voting pages on the Calendar main page. I've signed up and am pending.

darrenan
December 22nd, 2014, 17:57
Please move me to the game on 31st. I was 5th to reply to the OP and somehow managed to get missed off the lists... again... Maybe it's because I'm new.

I have accepted you on the calendar. I see you mentioned "whatever is needed", does that mean you'll be playing a pre-gen? If so, I would ask that you play a level 4 pregen because the 12/30 session will be subtier 3-4.

EDIT: Looks like that's what you proposed in your first post, so I think we're good.

HoloGnome
December 22nd, 2014, 20:08
I will have my character to you today. Wrapping up the chronicle.

Victor
December 23rd, 2014, 00:07
I also will get you mu chronicle and xml today

Victor
December 23rd, 2014, 04:56
Here is Belte's last Chronicle.
There is a small error which you can see, my XP total should be 13 not 12, with the addition of 1/2 pt of XP. I am slow tracking for level 5.

darrenan
December 23rd, 2014, 19:30
FG server is up now, and will remain up until game time. meek ogre meek ogre

Cloudancer
December 24th, 2014, 19:04
Darrenan,
Thanks for running a good (if long) game :). Glad I got a chance to play with you and everyone else.

Have a happy holiday.
-Greg

Trueshots
December 24th, 2014, 19:08
Yes was definitely a great game well gm'd too which makes it even better. Loved all the tactical characters we had, I'm not use to that. Sorry had to bail at the 8.5 hour mark but I was so tired I felt sick lol, heck I just woke up and hour ago!!!

Was there anything we needed to fill out in order to complete chronicles? Or was our originally posted stuff it?

lachancery
December 24th, 2014, 19:28
The scenario lasted 8.5 hours?!

Trueshots
December 24th, 2014, 19:30
The scenario lasted 8.5 hours?!

That's when I went to bed, they probably wrapped it up withing 30 mins after that. Started at 9 I got in bed at exactly 538 lol

Cloudancer
December 24th, 2014, 19:47
It ran from 8pm to about 5am my time so about 9 hours. I was pretty tired so not sure exactly when I logged out.

Victor
December 25th, 2014, 02:54
Yea was a great game. You did a really good job Darren, thanks for running and having the time for such an extended game.

Farnaby
December 25th, 2014, 17:26
Oooooh, can't wait for the second group's outing.

Trueshots
December 25th, 2014, 18:06
Oooooh, can't wait for the second group's outing.

Poor guy I forgot he was running this twice for people....Thats rough! Thats a long scenario

HoloGnome
December 25th, 2014, 21:09
Lots of fun...and danger! Thanks again! And we were playing up with 5: 7,7 (pre-gen),5,5,4 in a 6-7 that probably needs 6 PCs.

darrenan
December 26th, 2014, 02:35
As I finish the 12/23 chronicles, I will be placing them in my OneDrive at https://1drv.ms/1JSDRKP.

Cloudancer: Done
HoloGnome: Done
Victor: Done
xazil: Done
Trueshots: Done

Trueshots
December 26th, 2014, 03:17
True shots: waiting on prechronicle

Sorry I must have missed that on the thread, I posted my last chronicle. But here is the form you posted if that helps. Thanks

darrenan
December 26th, 2014, 03:30
I'm going to assume you accidentally flip-flopped your fame and prestige. Prestige should never be higher than Fame.

Trueshots
December 26th, 2014, 03:37
I'm going to assume you accidentally flip-flopped your fame and prestige.
You would be correct Sir, Ive only used 2pp my entire characters life :) saving up for raise dead LOL

darrenan
December 26th, 2014, 05:36
Group 2 is currently looking like this:
Life Oracle 3 (blackfoot)
Magus 3 (lachancery)
Rogue 3 (kyle)
Witch/Ninja 3 (farnaby)
PreGen ? 4 (rivver)

The GM suggests the following classes, in order from most effective to least effective in this scenario, for the pregen slot: Barbarian, Monk*, Ninja***, Gunslinger**, Paladin, Samurai, Fighter

All the remaining classes would be strictly support, and honestly, would probably be a drag on the group since most of the 'support' comes in terms of bonuses to hit, not damage. Although I think both the druid and wizard have bull's strength which would provide a tiny bit of assistance. This gives you something to think about Rivver, before Tuesday.

* The Monk pre-gen actually has an illegal feat selection, Spring Attack. If you pick this pre-gen I have actually swapped out the illegal feat for Pummeling Style, which is clustered shots for Flurry of Blows, and despite the name can be used with monk weapons as well. If you don't tell anyone, I won't either ;-)
** The only pregen with anything adamantine, but it's ammunition and only 5 of them.
*** This character gets most of its damage from sneak attack, so will be competing with the rogue, and possibly the witch/ninja, for those flanking spots.

Trueshots
December 26th, 2014, 05:48
I suggest going with an all ninja party ;) we had great fun hope yall do to!

lachancery
December 26th, 2014, 06:21
Magus 3 (lachancery)
Rogue 3 (kyle)
Witch/Ninja 3 (farnaby)
PreGen ? 4 (rivver)

Heads up Darren (& group 2 party): this will be Qaria's first played scenario since her very first adventuring; all of her leveling up has been from GM chronicle sheets. When I've had a chance to update her PFS paperwork, I will upload her pre-scenario purchases. After her level 1 respec, she is currently has no gear - it must be purchased in the presence of another GM. The details on her build are one level of swashbuckler and two levels of eldritch scion, the Charisma-based archetype of Magus. She is a dervish dancer with an adamantine scimitar. I'm not sure what damage mitigation this scenario has, but the couple of references to high damage output and adamantine suggests her scimitar will be useful, not sure about her shocking grasp. She is mobile enough to provide flanking for Kyle.

Trueshots
December 26th, 2014, 06:23
Heads up Darren (& group 2 party): this will be Qaria's first played scenario since her very first adventuring; all of her leveling up has been from GM chronicle sheets. When I've had a chance to update her PFS paperwork, I will upload her pre-scenario purchases. After her level 1 respec, she is currently has no gear - it must be purchased in the presence of another GM. The details on her build are one level of swashbuckler and two levels of eldritch scion, the Charisma-based archetype of Magus. She is a dervish dancer with an adamantine scimitar. I'm not sure what damage mitigation this scenario has, but the couple of references to high damage output and adamantine suggests her scimitar will be useful, not sure about her shocking grasp. She is mobile enough to provide flanking for Kyle.

You are a King among peasants!

Victor
December 26th, 2014, 07:23
Magus 3 (lachancery)
Rogue 3 (kyle)
Witch/Ninja 3 (farnaby)
PreGen ? 4 (rivver)

This took us 9 hours. It will be very interesting to see how long it takes this group. I predict you will cut our time nearly in half. :)

cmdisc
December 26th, 2014, 07:55
What had it run so long? Difficulty with the DR/Hardness? Lots of RPing? Lots of friendly banter? Because, yes, it normally only takes about half that time. :p

Victor
December 26th, 2014, 08:20
All of the above and more. Some I can't really say, of course as it may constitute a hint. :) Have fun!

HoloGnome
December 26th, 2014, 10:27
It will also depend on how the adventure is scaled for the lower tier. Our party would have benefitted from 6 PCs (but only had 5), did not have enough resources to make short work of major battles, and was not necessarily ideal composition. For example, a Barbarian would have helped us. Beyond that, the adventure may be too long.

Cloudancer
December 26th, 2014, 18:20
I suggest going with an all ninja party ;) we had great fun hope yall do to!

I'll second that suggestion, although all barbarian (let out a mighty roarrrr) might work as well.

Cloudancer
December 26th, 2014, 18:23
Darrenan,
Is it possible to sit in on an adventure and see what you do as a GM? If so I'd like to watch you run at least part of this second session (if you don't mind).

I'm trying to figure out if I want to throw my hat in for GM duty or not. I know I don't have enough time in with Fantasy Grounds and am rusty for Pathfinder, but I've got more GM than player experience over the last 25 years or so which makes up for some of that at least.

darrenan
December 26th, 2014, 19:25
Darrenan,
Is it possible to sit in on an adventure and see what you do as a GM? If so I'd like to watch you run at least part of this second session (if you don't mind).

I'm trying to figure out if I want to throw my hat in for GM duty or not. I know I don't have enough time in with Fantasy Grounds and am rusty for Pathfinder, but I've got more GM than player experience over the last 25 years or so which makes up for some of that at least.

Fantasy Grounds doesn't really let you "look over my shoulder" so to speak. You could certainly log in to the host while I'm running the session, but you wouldn't see anything more than you saw as a player the other night. Even if you could remote desktop to my machine, I use two large monitors so I'm not sure how easy it would be to see everything.

I (and probably any number of people here in the FG community) would be happy to spend some 1 on 1 time with you though. You could start up a host which I could join, and then I could walk you through some things. I would also be happy to walk you through my process for converting a PDF into an FG campaign, although I think there's a forum post (or posts) here on the FG forums that describe that. Also, you can run two copies of Fantasy Grounds on the same computer and have one set up as the host and the other connected to that host using "localhost" as the address. That allows you to see things from both the GM and the Player standpoint to get a feel for the differences.

darrenan
December 26th, 2014, 19:51
As I finish the 12/23 chronicles, I will be placing them in my OneDrive at https://1drv.ms/1JSDRKP.

Cloudancer: Done
HoloGnome: Done
Victor: Done
xazil: Done
Trueshots: Done

All finished and signed chronicles should be available now at the link above (make sure you grab the ones that say "signed"), and game session reporting is complete at Paizo.com. Your "My Pathfinder Society" page should now be up to date.

cmdisc
December 26th, 2014, 21:15
Another option, especially if you have 2 monitors, is to run a game as the Host and then run the same game again; this time Join Game by putting 'localhost' into the Host address. That way you can connect to yourself and see what is going on as both GM and player. It's a good way to test things out so that you know who is seeing what from both the GM and Player ends. :)

Trueshots
December 26th, 2014, 21:21
Another option

if you want, I got plenty of time over the weekend and much of next week. id be glad to load up with you and you can practice for hours for all I care. Just let me know.

Trueshots
December 26th, 2014, 21:21
Another option

Crap computer lagged and posted twice.....

actually I'm trying to get my post count up over Trenloes LOL :)

Victor
December 27th, 2014, 05:51
Hey Big D,
Just getting Belte's stuff together for the next mission and I noticed there may be an error on my Chronicle.
I am slow tracking, so you gave me half gp, but then didn't half the amount you deducted for not doing all the killing. That -314 should be -157, Correct?

Thanks

lachancery
December 27th, 2014, 06:05
@ Group 2:

Everyone, meet Qaria, a Calistrian courtesan (https://www.pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Calistria) hailing from Qadira. The temple in Absalom has recently requested she contribute her talents to the interest of The Exchange in the Pathfinder Society. Trained in the dervish dancing fighting traditions of her homeland, Qaria displays a colorful exotic flair: the light red skin of her ifrit ancestry contrasts with the silver sheen of her mithral chain shirt, accentuated by her blonde fiery hair and golden Qadiran jewelry, and punctuated by her black adamantine scimitar.

(This needs more color treatment - just not skilled enough with Gimp to make her look more like an Ifrit.)

@ Darren:

This will be Qaria's first field assignment for the Society. The attached pre-chronicle sheet contains all the purchases she would have done over time, but needed the presence of a GM to officialize. I will send a link to my chronicle sheets & ITS after the game on Sunday; that will be Qaria's last chronicle sheet before this scenario.

Here are some tactical questions about spells I have not seen used before and about the swashbuckler. I would like to know your ruling on them before the scenario rather than interupt the flow to investigate it during:

Lock Gaze (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCombat/spells/lockGaze.html#lock-gaze): My allies gain concealment when I lock gaze with an enemy. Concealment (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-Concealment) allows someone to make a stealth check. Does that mean if a rogue succeeds a stealth check vs the enemy, he would be able to deal sneak attacks without having to flank?

Blade Lash (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advancedClassGuide/spells/bladeLash.html): I understand from the spell description "use this weapon to attempt a trip combat maneuver and gain +10 bonus on roll" that I get my attack bonus with my scimitar +10?

Blade Lash & Spellstrike (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateMagic/spellcasters/magus.html): The Magus' Spellstrike ability allows delivering a touch spell as an attack with the weapon in the other hand. The Blade Lash spell transmutes the weapon into a magical whip to make a trip maneuver, so I'm unclear if a scimitar attack would also be allowed?

Opportune Parry & Riposte (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advancedClassGuide/classes/swashbuckler.html): As I read this closely, I noticed that the two swashbucklers I've seen played seem to have been using this ability wrong. The swashbuckler must decide to parry before the attacker rolls his attack. If the swashbuckler's roll is higher, then the swashbuckler parries and gets a riposte. This sequence doesn't seem to ever consider the swashbuckler's AC and whether the attacker was going to hit or not. Are you in agreement with this flow?

darrenan
December 27th, 2014, 08:14
Hey Big D,
Just getting Belte's stuff together for the next mission and I noticed there may be an error on my Chronicle.
I am slow tracking, so you gave me half gp, but then didn't half the amount you deducted for not doing all the killing. That -314 should be -157, Correct?

Thanks

I just double checked and it looks correct to me. But I'll attach it here anyway.

HoloGnome
December 27th, 2014, 08:40
Thanks - got the chronicle.

darrenan
December 27th, 2014, 08:45
Here are some tactical questions about spells I have not seen used before and about the swashbuckler. I would like to your rules on them before the scenario rather than interupt the flow to investigate it during:

Lock Gaze (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCombat/spells/lockGaze.html#lock-gaze): My allies gain concealment when I lock gaze with an enemy. Concealment (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/combat#TOC-Concealment) allows someone to make a stealth check. Does that mean if a rogue succeeds a stealth check vs the enemy, he would be able to deal sneak attacks without having to flank?
Sounds correct to me.

Blade Lash (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advancedClassGuide/spells/bladeLash.html): I understand from the spell description "use this weapon to attempt a trip combat maneuver and gain +10 bonus on roll" that I get my attack bonus with my scimitar +10?
Not sure whether it's supposed to be tacked on to your weapon to-hit, or just your CMB. I posted a thread (https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2rtwe?Blade-Lash-uses-weapon-tohit-or-CMB#1) on the paizo forums.

Blade Lash & Spellstrike (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateMagic/spellcasters/magus.html): The Magus' Spellstrike ability allows delivering a touch spell as an attack with the weapon in the other hand. The Blade Lash spell transmutes the weapon into a magical whip to make a trip maneuver, so I'm unclear if a scimitar attack would also be allowed?
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking here, so I'll try to cover all the bases:
If you currently have one or more held touch charges, casting this spell would cause them to dissipate. See the section on touch spells and holding charges at https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic#TOC-Duration.
If you are using Spell Combat, then you can cast Blade Lash and make a regular attack with your scimitar, in either order. If you did the regular scimitar attack first, then you could deliver a currently held touch charge through your scimitar prior to casting Blade Lash.

Opportune Parry & Riposte (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advancedClassGuide/classes/swashbuckler.html): As I read this closely, I noticed that the two swashbucklers I've seen played seem to have been using this ability wrong. The swashbuckler must decide to parry before the attacker rolls his attack. If the swashbuckler's roll is higher, then the swashbuckler parries and gets a riposte. This sequence doesn't seem to ever consider the swashbuckler's AC and whether the attacker was going to hit or not. Are you in agreement with this flow?
Yes, that seems like the correct interpretation. You're not rolling to hit the opponent, you're just rolling to exceed their attack roll. It doesn't matter whether the opponents attack would have hit you or not. If successful, then you get a free attack as an immediate action (consuming your swift action for your next turn). I will try to remember to prompt you for this during the game session when things attack you.

Blackfoot
December 27th, 2014, 11:02
Your weapon elongates and becomes whiplike. As part of casting this spell, you can use this weapon to attempt a trip combat maneuver against one creature within 20 feet, and you gain a +10 bonus on your roll, after which the weapon returns to its previous form.
This sounds like 'all' you get to do is a combat maneuver when you cast the spell so I would think it would only apply to that roll.

Blade Lash & Spellstrike (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateMagic/spellcasters/magus.html): The Magus' Spellstrike ability allows delivering a touch spell as an attack with the weapon in the other hand. The Blade Lash spell transmutes the weapon into a magical whip to make a trip maneuver, so I'm unclear if a scimitar attack would also be allowed?The last part of the spell description seems to imply it immediately returns to normal so you could still make the attack.

Trenloe
December 27th, 2014, 11:08
Re Blade Lash - the duration is instantaneous, so it just applies to the action of doing the Combat Maneuver to trip, therefore I'd agree with Darren's interpretation above - you're scimitar will be a scimitar as far as spell strike/spell combat is concerned outside of the spell lash trip attempt. Also, as an aside, remember that if the creature you're trying to trip threatens you then they will get an AOO (unless you have the improved trip feat).

lachancery
December 27th, 2014, 11:20
Sounds correct to me.

Great; follow-up question then (again to avoid having it during the session): The Stealth skill description (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/skills/stealth.html#stealth) states it doesn't take any action to make a stealth check, but sniping is an exception where stealth requires a move action to hide back. If an enemy is locked gaze with me and a rogue ally is attempting to remain unseen, would you apply the sniping rule (ie. require a move action) in this case?

Not sure whether it's supposed to be tacked on to your weapon to-hit, or just your CMB. I posted a thread (https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2rtwe?Blade-Lash-uses-weapon-tohit-or-CMB#1) on the paizo forums.

Thanks for posting on it. Here's the links I had found when I researched this topic: General guidelines (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/combat.html#combat-maneuvers) on CMB rolls and application of Weapon Finesse (https://paizo.com/paizo/faq/v5748nruor1fm#v5748eaic9ojt) on some combat maneuvers (including trip). The statement "Add any bonuses you currently have on attack rolls due to spells, feats, and other effects. These bonuses must be applicable to the weapon or attack used to perform the maneuver." in the CMB rules seem to imply that the only element that doesn't apply on a trip attempt is the weapon's enhancement (masterwork/magic)?

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking here, so I'll try to cover all the bases:
If you are using Spell Combat, then you can cast Blade Lash and make a regular attack with your scimitar, in either order. If you did the regular scimitar attack first, then you could deliver a currently held touch charge through your scimitar prior to casting Blade Lash.

Yes, you are describing the Magus level 1 ability Spell Combat there. I was asking about the level 2 ability Spellstrike (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateMagic/spellcasters/magus.html#spellstrike)which allows one free melee attack as part of casting the touch spell. My understanding of the wording "Instead of the free melee touch attack normally allowed to deliver the spell, a magus can make one free melee attack with his weapon (at his highest base attack bonus) as part of casting this spell." would be: as a full action, one normal weapon attack (at -2) and one weapon attack (at -2) with the casting of the touch spell. Am I mistaken? Assuming I am not, it's easy to apply to Shocking Grasp; my initial question was whether this still applied with Blade Lash since the spell modifies the weapon?

Yes, that seems like the correct interpretation. You're not rolling to hit the opponent, you're just rolling to exceed their attack roll. It doesn't matter whether the opponents attack would have hit you or not. If successful, then you get a free attack as an immediate action (consuming your swift action for your next turn). I will try to remember to prompt you for this during the game session when things attack you.
To be sure I fully get this without ambiguity: Attacks of Opportunity are free, so I can Parry as many times as I have available Attacks of Opportunity and Panache, but I can only Riposte once since it is an immediate action, thus consuming my swift action for next round?

lachancery
December 27th, 2014, 11:25
Re Blade Lash - the duration is instantaneous, so it just applies to the action of doing the Combat Maneuver to trip, therefore I'd agree with Darren's interpretation above - you're scimitar will be a scimitar as far as spell strike/spell combat is concerned outside of the spell lash trip attempt. Also, as an aside, remember that if the creature you're trying to trip threatens you then they will get an AOO (unless you have the improved trip feat).
Ha, I think I get what Darren was saying now! So, because it's an instantaneous instead of a held touch, the spell just fires off and is thus not applicable to the Spellstrike feature which is meant to be used with spells that are held to be delivered by a touch attack. I get the nuance and it makes sense to be applicable to all situations.

The nuance isn't on the duration of the spell though, it's on how the target is described, at least based on the wording of the Shocking Grasp (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/shockingGrasp.html#shocking-grasp) spell. Makes sense?

Thanks! (And Darren, disregard my previous post - Trenloe's & Blackfoot's replies came in before I hit post, but after I started writing it.)

Trenloe
December 27th, 2014, 11:30
Blade lash has a range of touch, but it is not a touch attack spell so spellstrike doesn't apply to this spell. Spellstrike is delivering the touch spell through your weapon, casting a non-touch attack spell with a range of touch doesn't give you a free attack unrelated to the spell being cast. This is especially true with blade lash which has a target of "your melee weapon" - you'd be trying to touch your melee weapon with your melee weapon.

Blackfoot
December 27th, 2014, 11:37
Sorry.. I was confused with my second response.. I thought you were talking about this.. not spellstrike:
Spell Combat (Ex): At 1st level, a magus learns to cast spells and wield his weapons at the same time. This functions much like two-weapon fighting, but the off-hand weapon is a spell that is being cast. To use this ability, the magus must have one hand free (even if the spell being cast does not have somatic components), while wielding a light or one-handed melee weapon in the other hand. As a full-round action, he can make all of his attacks with his melee weapon at a –2 penalty and can also cast any spell from the magus spell list with a casting time of 1 standard action (any attack roll made as part of this spell also takes this penalty). If he casts this spell defensively, he can decide to take an additional penalty on his attack rolls, up to his Intelligence bonus, and add the same amount as a circumstance bonus on his concentration check. If the check fails, the spell is wasted, but the attacks still take the penalty. A magus can choose to cast the spell first or make the weapon attacks first, but if he has more than one attack, he cannot cast the spell between weapon attacks. Trenloe is obviously correct.. spellstrike doesn't really apply here... but theoretically spell combat could.

lachancery
December 27th, 2014, 11:41
Blade lash has a range of touch, but it is not a touch attack spell so spellstrike doesn't apply to this spell. Spellstrike is delivering the touch spell through your weapon, casting a non-touch attack spell with a range of touch doesn't give you a free attack unrelated to the spell being cast. This is especially true with blade lash which has a target of "your melee weapon" - you'd be trying to touch your melee weapon with your melee weapon.
Yep, the two different uses of "Touch" is where my confusion was coming from. Thanks for the clarification! :)

darrenan
December 27th, 2014, 20:42
Thanks for posting on it. Here's the links I had found when I researched this topic: General guidelines on CMB rolls and application of Weapon Finesse on some combat maneuvers (including trip). The statement "Add any bonuses you currently have on attack rolls due to spells, feats, and other effects. These bonuses must be applicable to the weapon or attack used to perform the maneuver." in the CMB rules seem to imply that the only element that doesn't apply on a trip attempt is the weapon's enhancement (masterwork/magic)?

The general concensus from the thread I started at paizo.com is that you will get all your normal weapon bonuses on that trip attempt, including enhancement bonuses.

Yes, you are describing the Magus level 1 ability Spell Combat there. I was asking about the level 2 ability Spellstrike which allows one free melee attack as part of casting the touch spell. My understanding of the wording "Instead of the free melee touch attack normally allowed to deliver the spell, a magus can make one free melee attack with his weapon (at his highest base attack bonus) as part of casting this spell." would be: as a full action, one normal weapon attack (at -2) and one weapon attack (at -2) with the casting of the touch spell. Am I mistaken? Assuming I am not, it's easy to apply to Shocking Grasp; my initial question was whether this still applied with Blade Lash since the spell modifies the weapon?

You already get the free trip attempt as part of Blade Lash, you don't get any other free attack. This would not count as spellstrike since you're not really delivering a touch spell via your weapon. In general, if you are holding a touch spell charge, and you make a standard attack with your weapon, you can deliver the touch spell if the weapon hits. That would be a standard action with no penalties. Spell Combat is a full round action, just like two-weapon fighting, and you take -2 on all attack rolls during that action. The free melee attack mentioned above is in lieu of the free touch attempt you normally get when casting a melee touch attack spell, and that can either be as the spell casting part of Spell Combat (full round action), or when you use your standard action to cast a touch spell.

To be sure I fully get this without ambiguity: Attacks of Opportunity are free, so I can Parry as many times as I have available Attacks of Opportunity and Panache, but I can only Riposte once since it is an immediate action, thus consuming my swift action for next round?

That's correct. There is no action associated with the parry so you can do it multiple times up to your available AoO and Panache. Riposte consumes an immediate action, which uses up your next turn's swift action, so you can't Riposte again until AFTER your next turn.

lachancery
December 27th, 2014, 21:35
Thanks for the follow-ups, Darren. I'm hoping that will save us any rule discussion during the game, like we had during my last scenario last Sunday.

Only point remaining is whether to use the "not-an-action" or a "move action" for someone to be in stealth during concealment. Lock Gaze is just one way of creating this situation - I'll dig on Paizo's forum to get the guideline for concealment + melee + rogue.

darrenan
December 27th, 2014, 22:09
Unless you find something to contradict this, I'm going to rule as follows:

If you don't expend any movement, but currently have cover or concealment, then you can use a Move Action to make a stealth roll to hide*.
If you use a Move Action to perform movement, and start in cover or concealment, then you can make a stealth roll as part of the movement. This is directly supported by the rules as written.
If you are sniping, use the first rule above with the -20 penalty to the roll. Again, directly supported by the rules as written.

In all of the cases above (even if Lock Gaze is involved), the stealth roll is opposed vs. perception.

* In my mind this is the only case open to interpretation, based on what is written in the rules:

Action

Usually none. Normally, you make a Stealth check as part of movement, so it doesn't take a separate action. However, using Stealth immediately after a ranged attack (see Sniping, above) is a move action.

I think the spirit of this rule is that a stealth check should always consume a Move Action. However, you could also take the "doesn't take a separate action" portion out of context to rule that a stealth check by itself is not an action. I think the context of the entire sentence is important here. In the case of Lock Gaze, it seems very powerful to be able to make a stealth roll that doesn't consume an action, and then do a full round attack action with flat-footed and sneak attack damage. Although at the subtier we will be playing I think the point is somewhat moot unless TWF is involved since no one has iterative attacks yet.

Rivver
December 27th, 2014, 22:23
Here is my pregen for the game. I chose Sajan (monk). I used Blackfoot's Lv1 pregen file and updated it to the details on the pregen sheet from Paizo, so if anything looks odd, it's because I had trouble getting the math to work, but I have also attached the pregen pdf for you to look at.

darrenan
December 27th, 2014, 22:31
I already have the level 4 pregen ready to go, including the feat correction (the pregen has Spring Attack, but should not be able to qualify for it yet) mentioned earlier in this thread.

Would you prefer I loaded the one you provided? If so, you will need to correct the illegal feat. I replaced it with Pummeling Style, which is an excellent option for this scenario, however you can choose something else if you like as long as you qualify for it.

lachancery
December 27th, 2014, 22:34
Here is my pregen for the game. I chose Sajan (monk).
Ooooohh, nice! Another mobile character that will be able to combine with our second rogue. It'll be fun to see these encounters in play. :)

Blackfoot
December 27th, 2014, 23:13
I already have the level 4 pregen ready to go, including the feat correction (the pregen has Spring Attack, but should not be able to qualify for it yet) mentioned earlier in this thread.

Would you prefer I loaded the one you provided? If so, you will need to correct the illegal feat. I replaced it with Pummeling Style, which is an excellent option for this scenario, however you can choose something else if you like as long as you qualify for it.Darren, is that an official change for the pregen? Because you are not actually allowed to modify the pregens (even if they have errors) unless paizo does some sort of errata.

Rivver
December 27th, 2014, 23:23
Load up your one, it's fine. I guess I should have told you who I was taking before spending an hour trying to figure it all out!

Edit: Umm... just saw Blackfoot's post. I used the file that I downloaded from Paizo's website today so I don't know which of you is right, but I didn't see any errata'd files.

Farnaby
December 28th, 2014, 14:42
Okay, here is Nenna's files:

Inventory (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Aii37alIzB4rdEliWWtOQU12b1pvTGJ1U29CdllwW nc&authuser=0)
Boon (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byi37alIzB4reUx0VHh2Y1NNNkZaOGJPM1UwRzRaN 2J6cEln&authuser=0)

The boon gives me dwarven weapon proficiency which I added for my longaxe as an additional feat.

lachancery
December 30th, 2014, 16:31
@ Darren: Here is a dropbox link (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/57hak3kfumgd0tz/AADOC36Toi-LS-7f1vSMNVBva/Qaria?dl=0) for Qaria's files - chronicle sheets, inventory tracking sheet, folio reroll picture, portrait, latest FG xml (same as the one I posted a few days ago) & pre-chronicle sheet for tonight's game (same as the one I posted a few days ago). Let me know if you're missing anything.

darrenan
December 30th, 2014, 23:06
Server is up, and will be until game time. See you soon!

Blackfoot
December 30th, 2014, 23:09
Did your server address change? I can't seem to connect.

darrenan
December 30th, 2014, 23:25
meek ogre meek ogre

restarted the server just in case that helps...

Blackfoot
December 31st, 2014, 00:00
Character Info (which I apparently neglected to upload)
Player: Blackfoot
Character: Daydrocandri Brightmorning
PFS# 39241-9
Faction: Silver Crusade
XP: 6
Fame/Prestige: 11/11
Starting Gold: 3237
Inventory Tracking Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19WoQ_WQqS_y-ZJi5Ip8zAYLH-MYrISkX07Y2y4bWQ9I/edit?usp=sharing)

Trueshots
December 31st, 2014, 01:30
Character Info (which I apparently neglected upload)

Great to see FG has GM's that are understanding and show leniency. Hats off to Darrenan!!

lachancery
December 31st, 2014, 08:47
Thanks for running the game Darren!

Things to wrap up my chronicle sheet:

Day Job Roll: 23

Used:
- Wand CLW: 1 charge
- Wand Shield: 3 charges
- Wand Infernal Healing: 3 charges
- Wand Magic Missile: 2 charges

@ Group 1: We did it in 6.5 hours. ;)

xazil
December 31st, 2014, 08:57
Heh nice. Yeah, with over half the group below teir and no-one using admantine we had to scratch away a bit harder.

Farnaby
December 31st, 2014, 14:41
Yeah, wow talk about woefully unprepared. That was a near disaster.

HoloGnome
December 31st, 2014, 15:28
Definitely a challenge. ;)

lachancery
December 31st, 2014, 17:35
I know you didn't feel like you contributed greatly last night, but I would have hated to be there without your misfortune hexes...

If I recall properly, we were at 10 minutes before the 4 hours mark at the beginning of the optional encounter (oh, and we did one more encounter than group 1 too!). It was a challenge but manageable until the last encounter. And then we were faced with lacking resources from the previous fights and, well, forgetting to pack what every pathfinder should bring on a mission...

Consider we were a party of 5, 4 at 3rd level and a pre-gen at 4th level, for a six character tier 3-4, it was just a challenging scenario. Can't say I'm enjoying this technology focus for season 6 though.

darrenan
December 31st, 2014, 19:11
The signed chronicles for the 12/30 session will be placed here (https://1drv.ms/1BimUni) as I get them done.

Qaria: Done
Diana: Done
Nenna: Done
Daydrocandri: Done
Rivver: Done

kwarner1986
January 1st, 2015, 08:02
Here you go.

No, a disaster was that Part IV. The first three parts are so easy it's laughable, now survive part IV. This module is just simply was are these things in my fantasy game!?

lachancery
January 2nd, 2015, 04:54
The signed chronicles for the 12/30 session will be placed here (https://1drv.ms/1BimUni) as I get them done.

Qaria: Done

It looks good. Thanks again for running the scenario twice for the two groups! :)

Yves.

lachancery
January 2nd, 2015, 04:56
No, a disaster was that Part IV. The first three parts are so easy it's laughable, now survive part IV. This module is just simply was are these things in my fantasy game!?
We don't remember the first encounter the same way... It used up an important share of spells/limited use powers to get through. Then again, playing the rogue, you're oblivious to such things. ;) [Joke!]

Farnaby
January 2nd, 2015, 07:04
Hi, the gold has been screwed up by the last chronicle.
My starting GP is actually 2775 according to my inventory sheet.

darrenan
January 2nd, 2015, 18:10
Hi, the gold has been screwed up by the last chronicle.
My starting GP is actually 2775 according to my inventory sheet.

I only looked at your previous chronicle, which is where the gold should be correct. If the previous chronicle is not correct, please work with the previous GM to fix it, then I can update your chronicle from this session.

darrenan
January 2nd, 2015, 18:14
Here you go.

This does not look correct Kyle, your XP numbers are way too low. Please correct and resubmit.

kwarner1986
January 3rd, 2015, 19:50
Fixed

darrenan
January 3rd, 2015, 22:15
Fixed

Ok, Diana's signed chronicle is now available at the share above. Still waiting on Rivver's PFS info.

D.

darrenan
January 3rd, 2015, 23:15
Rivver's chronicle is now available. I filled it out assuming you wanted to wait to apply this chronicle until Alaerin hits level 3. Let me know if you want to apply it immediately with a 500gp reward instead.

Trenloe
January 3rd, 2015, 23:32
I filled it out assuming you wanted to wait to apply this chronicle until Alaerin hits level 3.
Just a reminder, as there seems to be confusion around this - if saving a chronicle after using a pregen you need to wait until the PC reaches the level of the pregen played.

darrenan
January 3rd, 2015, 23:33
Just a reminder, as there seems to be confusion around this - if saving a chronicle after using a pregen you need to wait until the PC reaches the level of the pregen played.

They have the option to apply it to a first level character with 500gp reward, see page 6 of the guide.

Trenloe
January 3rd, 2015, 23:36
They have the option to apply it to a first level character with 500gp reward, see page 6 of the guide.
Absolutely, that's why I said "if saving a chronicle after using a pregen..." :)

darrenan
January 3rd, 2015, 23:41
So what I did was to fill out names, PFS and character number, XP, PP and GP earned, event number and name, and my PFS number.
I left the following fields empty: chronicle number, starting XP, starting fame/prestige, starting GP.
I then signed it and put it in the share.

Is this the correct way to handle it? Should I leave it unsigned instead?
Since the sheet has been signed by me, how can she then go back and fill in the missing information when it comes time to apply it?

Trenloe
January 4th, 2015, 01:09
Do a sheet that doesn't have totals on it - fill out the player and PC details and the grey GM Only bits, including signing it. It will be up to the player to be able to update this at a later date when their PC hits the level of the pregen played - either printing it out, manually filling it in and then scanning it, or finding some way of modifying the PDF (pretty hard unless you really know what you're doing and you still have a lot of messing around to do).

Or, if you're a nice person (which I know you are), you can offer to provide an updated chronicle sheet at some point in the future when the PC hits the required level.

Blackfoot
January 4th, 2015, 05:09
Rivver's chronicle is now available. I filled it out assuming you wanted to wait to apply this chronicle until Alaerin hits level 3. Let me know if you want to apply it immediately with a 500gp reward instead.
What Trenloe was trying to say (I think) was that it needs to be held until Alaerin reaches level 4, not level 3, unless it is being applied to a level 1 character with the 500 gold reward.

Trenloe
January 4th, 2015, 05:38
What Trenloe was trying to say (I think) was that it needs to be held until Alaerin reaches level 4, not level 3, unless it is being applied to a level 1 character with the 500 gold reward.
Exactly. :)

darrenan
January 4th, 2015, 05:53
The tier of the scenario was 3-7, and the subtier was 3-4, why would she have to wait until level 4?

EDIT: Ok found the applicable quote from the guide:

If you play a non-1st-level pregenerated character, you apply the credit to your character as soon as she reaches the level of the pregenerated character played.

Blackfoot
January 4th, 2015, 05:54
Because the pregen was level 4.

If you play a non-1st-level pregenerated character, you apply the credit to your character as soon as she reaches the level of the pregenerated character played.