PDA

View Full Version : Black Crusade Rule Set Created.

ShotGun Jolly
December 8th, 2014, 15:53
Hi all.. (I created a new thread for 3 new rulsets, any more updates to Black Crusade will be mentioned in the new thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?24064-FFG-Black-Crusade-Rule-Set)) April 2015

Thanks to all the hard work from Sciencephile, I have been able to convert his awesome Dark Heresy Ruleset into Black Crusade ruleset.

I tested most of it, but I am sure I may have missed a few odd things but its good enough to play with my group, and they seemed happy with it.

I know of 1 issue, which no matter with all the tutorials and help I asked for I can not seem to get. And that is making a 30* Cone pointer. So, maybe someone will help me with that.

But if anyone sees something or finds a glitch let me know..
Just know, that this was my first attempt at ever trying to figure out LUA and XML, so I still have a lot to learn.

Well for you enjoyment..
Black Crusade V4.5 (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByRnUpp6WqJtaWwxaXBTdGJqaFU/view?usp=sharing) <--Download Link V4.5

PS. If someone knows how to put this on the WIKI.. then feel free. I do know how that works :confused:

ShotGun Jolly
December 11th, 2014, 03:11
Just found a really interesting bug...

If you drag a weapon from the "items" tab to your Character Sheets "weapon tab" Even if its a Melee Weapon, if you do not have a "0" typed into ammunition you will get an error.

Its been added to the list to fix. Might try and get it to be default 0

tlavalle
December 24th, 2014, 11:35
how hard would it be for a deathwatch or only war?

damned
December 24th, 2014, 13:18
how hard would it be for a deathwatch or only war?

Im pretty sure you might be in for a pleasant surprise :)

Benu5
January 4th, 2015, 04:24
Are you implying that it would be easy? Or hard? Or that the Black Crusade rule set has the rules for Only war in it? Or that an Only War rule set it on the way?

damned
January 4th, 2015, 04:35
methinks that Shotgun may have also been working on a Deathwatch ruleset...

Mask_of_winter
January 4th, 2015, 06:37
I think he initially took the Dark Heresy ruleset and changed a few things, mainly with the character sheet to make it work for Black Crusades. So really you can use either one to run any of the 40k settings at this point. But yeah, I think he's working on the other settings.

tlavalle
January 5th, 2015, 02:24
just working on deathwatch unless someone else is. my lua is a little light.

Mask_of_winter
January 5th, 2015, 02:30
Here: https://plus.google.com/109717919088160925907/posts/N1vR8iTxAH7

Paul Pratt
January 5th, 2015, 02:32
Hey guys, I have had this in the hold for awhile. Its a tweaked version of the Dark Heresy set here. It has several changes, the party sheet works, the weapons slots collapse, and a few bugs in the items and custom items worked out. Try this one. It has the basics for the Rogue Trader ship combat, it would be an NPC the way I laid it out. I think this one is a bit more complete. The psy rules are still V1 Dark Heresy, but really v2 and the other rulese sets RT, DW, BC use percentile roles, you could just set them as skills. Hope it helps.

ShotGun Jolly
January 10th, 2015, 12:44
Hey All..

Version 4.04 is now out for Black Crusade... Just follow the link below in my signature.

ShotGun Jolly
January 11th, 2015, 04:24
methinks that Shotgun may have also been working on a Deathwatch ruleset...

I have been, its currently next on my list when I get some more details added to Black Crusade. DeathWatch is actually very easy to switch over as many of the special rules for weapons and traits are already coded. Its just a matter of making it look more Death Watch like. (for the most part) But its playable now, I got a couple of features I want to add to it tho.

But no, I had to pick Black Crusade, where there are so many "small" changes in the code...omg!:eek::eek:

Blue Haven
January 20th, 2015, 18:11
I only found this one today and want to thank you for your kind work :) its amazing ;)
Thanks

ShotGun Jolly
April 20th, 2015, 12:27
Thanks Blue! Very kind of you.

100AcreWoozles
August 18th, 2015, 07:26
So do these rulesets have Modules attached to them or do items, weapons, mutations and the like have to be manually added?

damned
August 18th, 2015, 07:53
So do these rulesets have Modules attached to them or do items, weapons, mutations and the like have to be manually added?

That content is IP covered by copyright. Even if Shotgun has modules in most cases he couldnt share them.

ShotGun Jolly
August 22nd, 2016, 04:39
Hey all..

Updated to 4.5

Added a few minor changes, gave some additional credit. And to answer your questions from above.. There a few changes from DH to DW conversion, But extensive changes to coding in BC and only war.

ShotGun Jolly
August 22nd, 2016, 04:39
That content is IP covered by copyright. Even if Shotgun has modules in most cases he couldnt share them.

Sadley that is correct.. :(

Paul Pratt
August 22nd, 2016, 05:54
ShotGun,

The ruleset won't load it is missing the campaign_story file.

ShotGun Jolly
August 29th, 2016, 10:13
Thats odd.. its working for me here.. Are you running FG in the test mode?

Paul Pratt
August 29th, 2016, 14:23
I went back and re-downloaded this morning. Works. Must have been a corrupted download.