PDA

View Full Version : Zoomed Launcher Needs Scrollbars

Victor
December 7th, 2014, 10:27
I am visually impaired and run FG at 175% zoom. It works great, and if it weren't for that I would not be able to use it.
There is one problem, however, when you run the launcher.
The launcher takes up more than the full screen and most of the buttons are excluded off the screen, only a portion of a few buttons show. I don't believe it's possible, or perhaps easy, to make the launcher screen movable, but putting in scrollbars should not be a problem and would be a huge help.
Thanks

Trenloe
December 8th, 2014, 02:23
Please add this to the FG wishlist here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/ This is where the devs track feature requests.

Victor
December 8th, 2014, 04:42
How?
I follow the link. There is a dialog. "I would like to"
I tried, "post a message", "be able to see", "make a suggestion", "help", "figure out this stupid dialog box".
No luck
Why not just have a forum for suggestions and Devs? Too simple?

Trenloe
December 8th, 2014, 07:16
How?
I follow the link. There is a dialog. "I would like to"
I tried, "post a message", "be able to see", "make a suggestion", "help", "figure out this stupid dialog box".
No luck

Type in what you're wanting to add - perhaps "Scrollbars on zoomed launcher". This will show a list of items already in the list based off keywords. Check to see that your request hasn't been entered already. If there isn't already an item similar to your request, then click the "Share your idea" button.

Why not just have a forum for suggestions and Devs? Too simple?
The wishlist is the place to add items in a single place where the devs can go and see just a list of request items, not a place where people debate back and forwards (which is what happens on the forums). The wishlist also allows people vote on the items. The forums don't have this functionality and it's easy for people's requests to get lost in the volume of posts and discussions.

Victor
December 8th, 2014, 07:32
Type in what you're wanting to add - perhaps "Scrollbars on zoomed launcher". This will show a list of items already in the list based off keywords. Check to see that your request hasn't been entered already. If there isn't already an item similar to your request, then click the "Share your idea" button.

The wishlist is the place to add items in a single place where the devs can go and see just a list of request items, not a place where people debate back and forwards (which is what happens on the forums). The wishlist also allows people vote on the items. The forums don't have this functionality and it's easy for people's requests to get lost in the volume of posts and discussions.

There is no 'share your idea' button. F it. I did what I could for the other 1 or 2 blind people out there. No one would vote for this anyhow. Take it or leave it.

JohnD
December 8th, 2014, 13:39
Added it. Took about two minutes on my Kindle Fire which is a P.O.S. for typing with the on screen keyboard.

Nylanfs
December 8th, 2014, 14:02
And I voted for this, so there. ;P

Victor
December 8th, 2014, 14:04
Thanks. Turns out I needed to make another account I guess.
Sorry for the pique.

Griogre
December 10th, 2014, 18:49
Voted for this too, good UI designed would require this but it is so easy to overlook something like this, especially in a launcher.

seycyrus
December 10th, 2014, 20:57
I voted for it!

JohnD
December 11th, 2014, 01:27
I guess I can't vote since I added it, but I would have. :)