PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Dice and the Wild Die replacement

Matchstickman
December 7th, 2014, 04:50
I was coming here to report a bug, but I see it's not a bug but a feature! It's a requested feature that is "wrong"
https://savagefgii.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=30691
The gist of it is that the lowest roll is replaced with the wild die but that's not how multiple rolls for single actions should work. In a non-virtual game if I make a single shooting action with a Rate of Fire of three at Fred, Tex and Abel (one at each) I have to designate which die is being rolled at which person before the roll, so if I roll 4, 2, 1 (and no modifiers apply) I have hit Fred but not Tex or Abel, when adding in the wild die I can choose to replace any of the rolls I have made, even e.g. the successful one against Fred if I think that a raise against him is going to be better for my long term survival.
Fantasy Grounds currently automatically replaces the last die and (I'm speculating here as I'm not entirely certain) possibly also reorders the rolls so the lowest is last, it really shouldn't be taking player choice away from the players.

Apologies if this is reported elsewhere but I did not see it mentioned in the new 4.0 thread, or if this is an option I have inadvertently selected and can turn off from somewhere (I also did a forum search but came up with nothing and as the suggestion in the link above is implemented in SW3.4 and I saw no later change I figure it is still the current 'rule of roll').