PDA

View Full Version : PFS #5–08: The Confirmation - Friday, December 12th - 8pm UTC

Blackfoot
December 7th, 2014, 04:49
A Pathfinder Society Scenario designed for level 1-2.

Almost all Pathfinders undergo extensive training for three or more years to learn the tricks of the trade, and their last test before graduating from the ranks of the initiates to the status of a full Pathfinder agent is the Confirmation, a special research project that involves considerable fieldwork and is designed to simulate the initiates' future work as a Pathfinder. Even the noteworthy field commissioned agents sometimes participate in such trials as a way to familiarize themselves with the Pathfinder Society’s rules and expectations. Although Confirmation is typically an individual affair, the society recently discovered a site on the Isle of Kortos that would be perfect for initiates but perhaps too dangerous to handle alone. Successfully uncovering this site’s secrets will not only contribute to the society’s body of knowledge but shape the exciting careers ahead for each of the prospective agents.

Written by Kyle Baird.

Please sign up on the Game Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1302).
Post the following information here:
Character Name:
Class:
Level:
Race:
Character File:
Previous Chronicle Sheet:

Brand NEW Characters will obviously not have a previous chronicle sheet so I will require:
PFS#
Faction:
Starting Gold: (AFTER PURCHASES)

All players must sign up here as well as on the Calendar and will be accepted in the order they post here.

Trueshots
December 7th, 2014, 05:02
Blackfoot, I'm in . I have to go into work at 8pm est. But the game starts 5 hours before. I assume we can finish by then, if not I may have to leave a few mins early to get to work on time. Thanks

kwarner1986
December 7th, 2014, 05:13
Count me in.

xazil
December 7th, 2014, 06:30
I should be good to come along, Ill post what with later. As before if you get 7, Ill drop out to allow another.

Victor
December 7th, 2014, 07:55
I'm in, Will post stuff soon

HoloGnome
December 7th, 2014, 14:16
Confirmed. Working on character.

Farnaby
December 7th, 2014, 14:22
Hi Blackfoot,

meet

Character Name: Rashmi
Class: Druid
Level: 1
Race: Human
PFS# 54144-3
Faction: Scarab Sages
Starting Gold: 88gp 5p

Trueshots
December 7th, 2014, 21:40
meet Rashmi

That's a great High Def character pic. Very nice!

Farnaby
December 7th, 2014, 22:29
Just got told about the character converter, will convert the hero lab file and upload the xml file soon.

Edit: uploaded, but I don't know how to do my animal companion.

Farnaby
December 7th, 2014, 22:31
That's a great High Def character pic. Very nice!

Thanks, I took a 2560x1440 wallpaper and then the token creator from maptool.

Here's the complete picture:

Trueshots
December 7th, 2014, 22:35
then the token creator from map tool
Is that something new with FG or is that another program?

Rivver
December 7th, 2014, 23:06
Can I join? I'm new to PFS and FG but have experience of PFRP in general. I can make the stated time on the calendar and have signed up there too.

Blackfoot
December 7th, 2014, 23:57
That's a great High Def character pic. Very nice!High Def pics are all well and good but the tokens get reduced in FG anyway... they are better off scaled to 63x63 so that FG isn't doing the on the fly scaling as they generally end up looking better that way.

Blackfoot
December 7th, 2014, 23:58
Can I join? I'm new to PFS and FG but have experience of PFRP in general. I can make the stated time on the calendar and have signed up there too.You have the 6th slot. Xazil has offered to play as an alternate.. assuming someone bails out... there is one other person who has signed up on the calendar but has not posted here.. if he does post he can have a waitlist slot but this game is 'full' assuming that everyone shows.

Rivver
December 8th, 2014, 00:48
Excellent. I may have done this all wrong so please let me know if I need to change anything but...

PFS#: is 163517-1
Character: Alaerin Lv1 Elf Rogue (FG Converter .xml attached)
Faction: Grand Lodge
Starting Gold: 2 (after kitting out)

Thanks

Blackfoot
December 8th, 2014, 01:07
Excellent. I may have done this all wrong so please let me know if I need to change anything but...

PFS#: is 163517-1
Character: Alaerin Lv1 Elf Rogue (FG Converter .xml attached)

Thanks
A few issues...
none of your gear came through...
I don't see where you slotted your 'favored class' benefit...
most of the rest I can figure out.

Blackfoot
December 8th, 2014, 01:17
Just got told about the character converter, will convert the hero lab file and upload the xml file soon.

Edit: uploaded, but I don't know how to do my animal companion.Did you have a file for your companion?
Output the companion from HL the same way you did the character.

HoloGnome
December 8th, 2014, 04:28
Hey F-DOG - there were some issues with Rashmi, as follows:

1. -10 move for Hide Armor + Shield
2. Automatic -5 ACP for using Armor + Shield, Max Stat is +4
3. Assume hit points are 8 base+3 toughness+2 CON +1 L1 class bonus (may want to indicate L1 favored class bonus)
4. You had Misc penalties in Melee and Ranged that didn't make sense to me - am I missing something? (for example, you are proficient with the armor and weapon you chose)
5. Missing Knowledge (geography) class skill
6. Missing bonus human feat - likely selection is Martial Weapon Proficiency Scythe
7. But, Scythe is a 2-handed weapon - you can't use it and a shield at the same time
8. If you lose the shield, take Martial Weapon Scythe, you lose the ACP penalty that is killing your skill profile, since you avoid mandatory armor+shield ACP
9. The weapon proficiencies were in the feats field. Moved them.
10. Some inventory item duplication.
11. Filled in Armor boxes and activated because of Armor + Shield
12. Filled in encumbrance over/off/drag for you
13. Added gender info
14. As above, Scythe is a 2-handed weapon. If you're using it, no shield, then the weapon should be set up with 4x crit (was set at 2x) and 1.5 x strength damage (was not set) for 2-handed weapons
15. No spell lists were in the character sheet

So - if you want Scythe and no automatic ACP, take Martial Scythe and drop the shield. If you want shield, then choose a different bonus feat and get rid of scythe.

Also, I didn't check the point build, but as a human you get +2 to one stat, or you can take alternate build attributes like Dual Talent for +2 to 2 stats and sacrifice your bonus feat and favored class bonus.

Hope this helps.

Blackfoot
December 8th, 2014, 04:59
HoloGnome..
Thank you for your efforts but I actually review ALL the PCs for starting level games myself. I'll discuss his character with him as I will yours with you once I receive it...
unfortunately many of the 'issues' that you present were not actually issues... I'll discuss his character with him once I get his Companion.

Rivver
December 8th, 2014, 06:10
A few issues...
none of your gear came through...
I don't see where you slotted your 'favored class' benefit...
most of the rest I can figure out.

Is this better? I exported this one from FG.

HoloGnome
December 8th, 2014, 06:41
Subtext is import/export review. If the things I flagged are in the native HeroLab environment, then it would help to create a bug report for what didn't translate properly. I was the one who suggested that Farnaby try the import/export tool.

Blackfoot
December 8th, 2014, 07:26
Is this better? I exported this one from FG.
It all makes much more sense now. Thanks. He is loaded and ready to go.

HoloGnome
December 8th, 2014, 08:19
I was looking at the wrong file - direct export from the .hlfg. Also, I didn't realize druids got scythe and didn't see the heavy shield feat. So, there were some definite discrepancies in my version. :D However, note that bashing is a martial bludgeoning use of a shield and requires a feat.

kwarner1986
December 8th, 2014, 09:41
Character Name: Archer Skylord
Class: Fighter (Archer)

PFS# 118469-5
Faction: Silver Crusader
Starting Gold: 4 gp

Archer is a beautiful blond shoulder length hair with emerald colored eyes. She usually wears her hair in a bun to keep it from getting in her eyes since she greatly favors using her bow in combat. She proudly displays her holy symbol of Sarenrae on the front of her eastern style armor. She has issues trusting new people, but once she your friend. She will gladly lay down her life to protect people she calls friends. She does carry a Glaive in case she needs to get up close and personal.

cmdisc
December 8th, 2014, 14:39
Curious as to where she's tucking that glaive while she's using her bow....

:p

Victor
December 8th, 2014, 15:08
In your back if you're not careful..

Blackfoot
December 8th, 2014, 16:27
Character Name: Archer Skylord
Class: Fighter (Archer)

PFS# 118469-5
Faction: Silver Crusader
Starting Gold: 4 gp

Archer is a beautiful blond shoulder length hair with emerald colored eyes. She usually wears her hair in a bun to keep it from getting in her eyes since she greatly favors using her bow in combat. She proudly displays her holy symbol of Sarenrae on the front of her eastern style armor. She has issues trusting new people, but once she your friend. She will gladly lay down her life to protect people she calls friends. She does carry a Glaive in case she needs to get up close and personal.
Did you mean to buy her these 'Artisan's Tools'? She has no craft skills... I'm assuming it's an error... otherwise.. what type of tools are they?

HoloGnome
December 8th, 2014, 17:59
It's obviously a collapsible glaive from the Snap-On weapons cart that has been touring the Inner Sea regions.

Farnaby
December 10th, 2014, 16:00
Okay, I went through it all and sorted some things out.
Got the tokens to 64x64, removed unusable weapons, rearranging skills, etc.

Meet Rashmi and her companion Duma:

I have 106 gp after shopping.

See you all on friday! ;)

Blackfoot
December 10th, 2014, 16:02
What unusable weapons? Druids are proficient with Scythe and club. I'm confused.

Farnaby
December 10th, 2014, 16:06
Scythe is a martial weapon. Druids only start with simple weapon and druid weapon proficiencies.
That includes a sickle, but not a scythe. :-(

Blackfoot
December 10th, 2014, 16:09
Read it again:

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Druids are proficient with the following weapons: club, dagger, dart, quarterstaff, scimitar, scythe, sickle, shortspear, sling, and spear. They are also proficient with all natural attacks (claw, bite, and so forth) of any form they assume with wild shape (see below).

Druids are proficient with light and medium armor but are prohibited from wearing metal armor; thus, they may wear only padded, leather, or hide armor. A druid may also wear wooden armor that has been altered by the ironwood spell so that it functions as though it were steel. Druids are proficient with shields (except tower shields) but must use only those crafted from wood.

A druid who wears prohibited armor or uses a prohibited shield is unable to cast druid spells or use any of her supernatural or spell-like class abilities while doing so and for 24 hours thereafter.

Farnaby
December 10th, 2014, 16:25
Looks like we found a bug in Hero Lab. :D

I've reported it.

Blackfoot
December 10th, 2014, 16:34
Not sure what you're talking about still.. HL lists it as available for druids.

Bottom line here.. did you want to redo your character? I already have the original loaded.

Farnaby
December 10th, 2014, 16:41
I just checked the roll-over text, but I am happy with the xml file I posted today, thanks.

Blackfoot
December 10th, 2014, 17:01
HoloGnome you do realize that by dumping charisma on bloodrager you will never cast any bloodrager spells right?

HoloGnome
December 10th, 2014, 17:33
Yep - don't care. There's no minimum stat requirement for using triggered items and no associated failure, only a class and spell list requirement.

HoloGnome
December 10th, 2014, 18:17
Hey Farnaby - wasn't Duma the name of the Cheetah from that movie? Hmm...let me look. Why yes, it was! :D Nice one.

Blackfoot
December 10th, 2014, 18:40
Yep - don't care. There's no minimum stat requirement for using triggered items and no associated failure, only a class and spell list requirement.
But obviously not scrolls.. because you do not have:
The user must have the requisite ability score.

kwarner1986
December 10th, 2014, 20:01
Made some final adjustments. I'm good to go now. Found a better picture as well.

Blackfoot
December 10th, 2014, 22:30
I'm still looking for 2 more characters for Friday's game...
Trueshots and Rivver please post your character info ASAP.

Victor
December 11th, 2014, 01:04
I'll get you my info today. still working on it.

Trueshots
December 11th, 2014, 02:07
Trueshots please post your character info ASAP.

Black, I think I played this at level one. Can I play it again with same character or must it be completely different Character? Thanks

Blackfoot
December 11th, 2014, 02:10
You can NEVER get credit for a scenario with the same character twice. To get credit you must play a new level 1 or 2 character.

HoloGnome
December 11th, 2014, 02:47
But obviously not scrolls.. because you do not have:
The user must have the requisite ability score.

Yes - I understand. The features of interest are: bloodline/power/background flavor, rage, hp, uncanny dodge, arcane wand use. I agree that scrolls would be nice, but can't have everything. Thx for looking out for my character.

Rivver
December 11th, 2014, 23:45
Rivver please post your character info ASAP.

What character info do you need? I sent you my sheet and previously posted the following:

PFS#: 163517-1
Character: Alaerin Lv1 Elf Rogue

If you want backstory/picture I'll do that tomorrow.

Blackfoot
December 11th, 2014, 23:58
I'm sorry.. I was confused as to who I had heard from and who I had not... Rivver you are all set.
Apparently it is Trueshots and Victor who still haven't submitted characters.
Please get them to me some time tonight.

Trueshots
December 12th, 2014, 00:10
Please get them to me some time tonight. sorry been final exam week and doing a Lil research because of a new character. Should have it finished tonight, currently at a Christmas program at children's school but will finish when I get home. Thanks

kwarner1986
December 12th, 2014, 02:30
Hopefully everyone isn't Charisma dumping? We do need someone who can at least talk to someone without insulting them.

Blackfoot
December 12th, 2014, 02:38
I'm pretty sure the highest CHA so far is a 7.... no no wait there's a 10.

xazil
December 12th, 2014, 02:47
Yeah, for being a member of a Society, lots of adventurers aren't exactly social...

Victor
December 12th, 2014, 03:14
Talk? What's talk? Mine is a 7.
Hope to have this up to you within an hour or two BF, sorry for the short timing. Making these guys takes me forever.

Victor
December 12th, 2014, 05:52
Here is my stuff for tomorrow.

Name: Coburn
Race/Class: Human Warpriest Level 1
PFS #: 154224-2
Faction: Silver Cursade
Starting gp: 34.9 after purchases

Let me know if you need anything else.

HoloGnome
December 12th, 2014, 06:13
He needs a scooby snack.

Blackfoot
December 12th, 2014, 06:14
He could probably use a little Flint.

Blackfoot
December 12th, 2014, 06:37
What is Archer's Ethnicity?

Victor
December 12th, 2014, 06:38
Here is his ring tone. Sorry for the .zip, can't seem to attach .mp3's
*this is my actual ring tone

Blackfoot
December 12th, 2014, 08:23
Here is my stuff for tomorrow.

Name: Coburn
Race/Class: Human Warpriest Level 1
PFS #: 154224-2
Faction: Silver Crusade
Starting gp: 34.9 after purchases

Let me know if you need anything else.
I can't quite get his gear to add up...
I get 36.9 gp intead of 34.9.. including the 'Sack' that seems to actually be a grappling hook as a grappling hook. I don't see any rope though.

Victor
December 12th, 2014, 12:03
Thanks for being so careful, saved me some gp :)
Yea I found the mistake I made in my addition, I actually do not have a grappling hook, and I have 1 sack, I should have 37.9gp left over. If that still doesn't jibe with what you get, we can just go with whatever is lower. :)
Thanks again

HoloGnome
December 12th, 2014, 12:45
Scooby snacks are only 1cp. I'm tellin' ya. However, I'm still trying to locate them on the paizo site.

Blackfoot
December 12th, 2014, 12:46
It is looking like Trueshots is not going to be joining us (as he hasn't submitted a character)...

xazil
December 12th, 2014, 13:20
You still have a WarlordBoBo signed up for 6th if they can get a character together

Blackfoot
December 12th, 2014, 13:22
Never posted to the thread so I'm assuming that's not happening... Xazil you can join us if you get a dude together quickly.. otherwise 5 is fine.

xazil
December 12th, 2014, 13:46
Thanks for the offer but I put my name to do some volunteer work. Have fun. :)

Trueshots
December 12th, 2014, 16:36
Black been trying for over 2 hours how to convert my herolab file to .xml. Im on a iMac now and run the program through Steam and there is no FG converter that I know of, I'm going to have to build it from starch in FG. SO sorry for the delay. If it help I will be a very fragile and gimp level one monk with no chronicle or xp :)

Character Name: Patricia Hendricks
Class: Flowing Monk
Level:1
Race:Human
Character File: ?
Previous Chronicle Sheet: none (0XP)
PFS#71518-6
Starting Gold: 111p

HoloGnome
December 12th, 2014, 16:44
In the Fantasy Grounds program group, there is a converter app. Go to the start menu->Fantasy Grounds II->FG Char Converter. But, don't expect it to convert everything properly.

Blackfoot
December 12th, 2014, 17:38
Black been trying for over 2 hours how to convert my herolab file to .xml. Im on a iMac now and run the program through Steam and there is no FG converter that I know of, I'm going to have to build it from starch in FG. SO sorry for the delay. If it help I will be a very fragile and gimp level one monk with no chronicle or xp :)

Character Name: Patricia Hendricks
Class: Flowing Monk
Level:1
Race:Human
Character File: ?
Previous Chronicle Sheet: none (0XP)
PFS#71518-6
Starting Gold: 111pSorry Trueshots.. but it's just too late. I asked for you to get me your sheet yesterday and it still isn't here... so you are out for today.. we'll catch you next time.

Trueshots
December 12th, 2014, 17:59
Really? Most GM's if you in before the first encounter they let you in. Its 2 hours before game time.
Because I lost all my info on my OC I bought a new cpu, its a iMac and spent hours trying to find the character converter til I gave up. If I load my character locally why does it even matter?

EDIT: I'll load just in case you have a change of heart...

Blackfoot
December 12th, 2014, 19:54
The server is up. Connection info is on the Calendar.

Victor
December 12th, 2014, 19:59
having problems commecting. throwing tons of errors. i will check to see fi i need update..

Farnaby
December 13th, 2014, 02:33
That was fun. Great game guys.

Victor
December 13th, 2014, 09:36
Indeed!
*Gravelly voice* That sure was a hoot. Glad to see all you young'uns made it out alive, heh heh, and one old beat up acolyte. There's a concert to the goddess tonight that I'll be attending. My treat if any of you want to come along.

HoloGnome
December 13th, 2014, 09:56
Fun game - thanks! And thanks to Gilly McGillmen.

Rivver
December 13th, 2014, 18:47
Thanks for being so tolerant of me! Great game, looking forward to the next.

Blackfoot
December 13th, 2014, 20:19
Not an issue at all. Everyone starts somewhere and you certainly weren't any more of a problem than that other guy. :)

Farnaby
December 14th, 2014, 21:25
Anyone know why I can't see the game in the list when I try to manage characters?
Cone to think of it, the last 4 games aren't in there. Is it a setting?

Blackfoot
December 14th, 2014, 22:26
It should be listed as 'PFS 5-08 The Confirmation' I believe... yeah.. that's right. Perhaps you need to scroll down?

Farnaby
December 14th, 2014, 22:37
Nope, I can't see any of the last 5 games...
Where should I report this?

Farnaby
December 14th, 2014, 22:38
Nope, I can't see any of the last 5 games...
I'll send support an email.

Blackfoot
December 14th, 2014, 22:47
You aren't the one who was messing with his file structure right?

Farnaby
December 14th, 2014, 23:13
Hehe, no.
Good thought though.

Blackfoot
December 14th, 2014, 23:15
Look in your FG folder... under 'campaigns' do you see 'PFS 5-08 The Confirmation' in there?
Then check the 'cache' folder for the same.

Farnaby
December 14th, 2014, 23:18
Interesting, it's in both as are the others I'm missing.

Now I just have to find out how to get them in the list.

Blackfoot
December 14th, 2014, 23:20
What is in those folders? The data that would be stored for manage characters should be in the cache I believe... the campaigns folder really only keeps the image masks mostly 'I think'.

Farnaby
December 14th, 2014, 23:24
In the campaign folder under The Confirmation, there are 2 folders called drawings and maskedimages.
In the cache folder, there are several .dat files and a folder called usersettings

Blackfoot
December 14th, 2014, 23:44
I sure 'looks' like you have the important stuff. I'm not sure why manage characters wouldn't be working for you. The data is there.

Trenloe
December 15th, 2014, 00:13
@Farnaby, can you post a screenshot of what your manage characters screen shows?

HoloGnome
December 15th, 2014, 00:38
Farnaby - you moved your data directory location to a protected folder under windows (Programs, from what you were saying). In order to play our game, you had to use Admin mode. This issue may relate to the data directory change.

Blackfoot
December 15th, 2014, 00:39
That was Victor.

HoloGnome
December 15th, 2014, 00:40
Oh right. Sorry.

Farnaby
December 15th, 2014, 00:57
@Farnaby, can you post a screenshot of what your manage characters screen shows?

Sure:8288

And I scroll down and see: 8289

Trenloe
December 15th, 2014, 01:12
And you can see all of those games as directories in your <FG app data>\cache folder? Plus the ones you're missing are in that same folder too?

Farnaby
December 15th, 2014, 01:36
I just checked and I am missing at least 3 games in the cache directory and 4 games from the Manage Characters list.
Even the Date Modified is weird. E.g. emerald spire I played weeks ago, but the modified date in the directory says yesterday.