PDA

View Full Version : Request For Person/Asset - Original Artist/Original (FGv2?) Character Selection Frame

dulux-oz
December 5th, 2014, 11:26
Hi Guys & Girls,

I'm trying to locate the Artist who did up the original Character Selection Window/Frame: the one with the columns and the two statues to either side - if you've seen it you'll know the one I mean.

I have the image png file, so please don't offer (but thanks anyway) - what I actually need is the original "leather" background and the columns/frame/border without the statues, plus I'd like to "suck the brain" of the original Artist with a question or two (or three, or four, or...).

I've tried simply using a crop of the image to get at the leather background, but I can't get enough to use without using it in a tile fashion, and because the "leather creases" don't match up it looks terrible :(

So, if anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it

Thanks

Cheers

damned
December 5th, 2014, 12:31
id try Zeus....

dulux-oz
December 5th, 2014, 14:30
id try Zeus....

Yeah, that was my original thought - but he hasn't replied to my last two PMs - I hope he's OK.

Of course, I could have annoyed the heck out of him, hence not replying to my PMs :p

Griogre
December 7th, 2014, 01:13
That may be art from the original owners of FG.

Mask_of_winter
December 7th, 2014, 02:34
Not sure if it can be any help but I've used this seamless pattern for a desktopbackground png for a FG skin and it works perfectly. Seamless! https://texturise.blogspot.com/2013/12/seamless-brown-leather-texture-maps.html

Oberoten
December 7th, 2014, 22:09
Seamless texture tutorial for photoshop :

1. Copy the texture to a new image.
2. Check image size.
3. Offset horiz by 50% of image size, dito vertical.
4. Use clone stamp or repair tools to meld the creases together in the middle.
5. Copy back and use as a tileable.

Ikael
December 7th, 2014, 22:51
That may be art from the original owners of FG.

Yup, that at must have been made by the great finns who founded FG in the first place

dulux-oz
December 8th, 2014, 03:23
Seamless texture tutorial for photoshop :

1. Copy the texture to a new image.
2. Check image size.
3. Offset horiz by 50% of image size, dito vertical.
4. Use clone stamp or repair tools to meld the creases together in the middle.
5. Copy back and use as a tileable.

Thanks, Obe, but the texturing is only one of the things I wanted to cover off - I'd also like to get my hands on the original column frame (without the figures) and I'd like to find out how (ie, what settings in Paint.net) the figures were "turned to stone". There are a couple of other minor things as well :)

Cheers

Thete
December 8th, 2014, 21:46
Thanks, Obe, but the texturing is only one of the things I wanted to cover off - I'd also like to get my hands on the original column frame (without the figures) and I'd like to find out how (ie, what settings in Paint.net) the figures were "turned to stone". There are a couple of other minor things as well :)

Cheers

Would you like me to try to recreate a texture as close as I can? Alternatively I could photoshop the original to remove the statues.

dulux-oz
December 9th, 2014, 02:21
Would you like me to try to recreate a texture as close as I can? Alternatively I could photoshop the original to remove the statues.

Actually, could you? Could I get just the Column Frame (no background, no statues)? That would be an enormous help.

I've got some assorted images of leather and other textures I can then use as a background, so this isn't a problem.

The other thing I need to work out how to do is turn an image of a figure (currently in colour, but I can turn it b&w) into a statue made from the same stone/marble as the originals, then I can "drop it in" as a replacement. I don't have Photoshop, but I do have Paint.net - but (for me at least) the learning curve is a killer. If someone could let me know how to do this (the settings, technique,etc) then I can do it myself to learn how and therefore stop bugging people with graphics stuff questions. :)

So, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

And thanks for the offer - I'll take you up on that :)

Cheers

Thete
December 9th, 2014, 02:59
Actually, could you? Could I get just the Column Frame (no background, no statues)? That would be an enormous help.

I've got some assorted images of leather and other textures I can then use as a background, so this isn't a problem.

The other thing I need to work out how to do is turn an image of a figure (currently in colour, but I can turn it b&w) into a statue made from the same stone/marble as the originals, then I can "drop it in" as a replacement. I don't have Photoshop, but I do have Paint.net - but (for me at least) the learning curve is a killer. If someone could let me know how to do this (the settings, technique,etc) then I can do it myself to learn how and therefore stop bugging people with graphics stuff questions. :)

So, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

And thanks for the offer - I'll take you up on that :)

Cheers

Sure thing, I'll try to turn it around in a week and will have a gander at paint.net, I'm sure we could come up with an adequate layer effect

dulux-oz
December 9th, 2014, 04:13
Sure thing, I'll try to turn it around in a week and will have a gander at paint.net, I'm sure we could come up with an adequate layer effect

And that's what I LOVE about the FG Community - there's always someone willing to give someone else a hand when they ask :)

Thankyou

PM me when you're ready and I'll send you my email address.

Cheers

Thete
December 10th, 2014, 13:56
Assets sent, hope they are adequate.