PDA

View Full Version : Tunnels and Trolls Ruleset - or close?

Fixit9660
December 2nd, 2014, 20:21
Hi All,
My friends and I have all recently been geographically scattered and I'm looking at FG2 to enable us to keep playing RPG. I'm a competent computer user but completely new to FG2 so about to try the Demo out. My friends are also banging on about trying Tunnels and Trolls for the first time, so I thought I'd try to combine the two. Something tells me this might be way too ambitious but nothing ventured, nothing gained.
From the little research I've managed so far, it looks like I need a Ruleset to apply to the VTT to give it the right "feel" - is this right? (If not someone please put me right as you might save me wasting a lot of time!) If so, and there isn't a readily available T&T Ruleset, could someone please suggest a "best match" that we can use to get going with. I assume I can tweak it later to match the requirements?
(Hope I'm not talking a load here.)
Thanks
Andy.

Trenloe
December 2nd, 2014, 20:32
I'm only vaguely familiar with T&T from a very long time ago.

But, you should be able to get going with the CoreRPG ruleset. This has the base VTT functionality, plus the ability to create free-form PC character sheets. You won't get any automation, but you will be able to create rollable entries in the character sheets to speed things up. When you're happy with a base PC sheet you can export it and re-import it to create new PCs without having to enter all of the fields again.

You'll be able to use all of the base VTT functionality of story, maps, images, base combat tracker, dice rolling, inventory, items, tokens, etc. - see the CoreRPG walkthrough video here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Videos

You'll have to track points etc. manually - but these can be done as fields in the character sheet.

This will allow you to get up and running and play T&T with your friends. Once you're more familiar with FG you can look into delving into building on CoreRPG to add T&T specific features.

Fixit9660
December 2nd, 2014, 20:48
That's great Trenloe, thank you for your prompt help.
Andy aka fixit9660