PDA

View Full Version : Difficulties to understand exactly Effect creation

Golgorosh
December 2nd, 2014, 20:20
Hello

I'm going everywhere on the forum or the wiki, but i just cant figure out how to create a proper Effect.

I want for example to create Rage (for Barbarian).
I therefore need to go in Modifier and create a DMG +2 modifier.
Then i create an effect called Rage.
Then i drag and drop the DMG +2 Modifier onto the Rage effect.
Then i drag and drop to test on my Barbarian.
But whatever happens, there is no +2 DMG for the Barbarian.

I dont know exactly what i'm doing wrong.

Plan B : where is exactly the video tutorial for all this as i know the ressource is there but i cant figure out where to get a very 'plug and play' explanation.
Thanks for your help :)

Callum
December 2nd, 2014, 22:29
It's "DMG: 2". Have a look in the Wiki for more details and examples.

For a barbarian, you're probably better off creating the effect in the character sheet, as a pseudo-spell.

Trenloe
December 2nd, 2014, 23:29
5E Effects listing in the Wiki: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects

Thegroo
December 3rd, 2014, 00:20
Have a look at this thread https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22598-Newbie-character-sheet-help

Xorn
December 3rd, 2014, 05:22
I just got a new job in Montana; I moved 1300 miles and signed a lease this afternoon. Once I have internet set up again I'm planning to compile a list of various effects examples.

Golgorosh
December 3rd, 2014, 19:57
Have a look at this thread https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22598-Newbie-character-sheet-help

Thanx !!
I went to the Wiki as i said, but some examples for each line/modifiers would have been very helpful.

hawkwind
December 5th, 2014, 18:22
would this work Rage;STR: 4; CON: 4; SAVE: 2 will,morale; AC: -2;ADVSAV: STR;ADVCHK: STR ?

El Condoro
December 5th, 2014, 23:06
I'm not sure if this would help, but I have set up a (blank) Google Doc for people to add their effects codes. The last column is for confirmed tests. Once a code has been confirmed it could be transferred to the official wiki? I, for one, would find an effect repository very useful.

Google Doc (anyone can edit) (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dctEkBftJFivXBYBQ3cQPqDyRuRr6KNcGwTf9oQ2YzU/edit?usp=sharing)

damned
December 6th, 2014, 00:14
Hey El Condoro - add some to get it started.

El Condoro
December 6th, 2014, 00:51
I struggle with effects, but I put up 2 as starters: a class feature and a spell.

OneSidedDie
December 6th, 2014, 20:22
I entered a few myself. I did most of the things that you can fully replicate with effects. Mostly permanent stuff and buffs. I'm down to monk and will finish a bit later as I've got somewhere to go.

AKABigBlack
January 3rd, 2015, 06:06
here's what i use for my barbarian's Rage effect: "ADVSAV: strength; ADVCHK: strength; DMG: 2 melee; RESIST: all, !psychic"

El Condoro
January 3rd, 2015, 13:23
Specifically, that is the Totem Spirit (Bear) feature. I have added it to the effects sheet. Thanks.

HotwheelzMcG
January 7th, 2015, 22:30
With the effects, like say resist poison, you have to apply them to your character at the start of every game in order for them to be active right? Example; Dwarven Resilience, you have to apply it to your dwarves every game or the resistence to poison won't be there. Or has this changed with all then Par5e stuff?

Trenloe
January 7th, 2015, 23:40
With the effects, like say resist poison, you have to apply them to your character at the start of every game in order for them to be active right? Example; Dwarven Resilience, you have to apply it to your dwarves every game or the resistence to poison won't be there. Or has this changed with all then Par5e stuff?
Effects have to be active in the combat tracker. If the GM doesn't remove the effects and they aren't set to expire then they will stay on the targets in the combat tracker. It's usual for the GM to just leave all of the PCs in the combat tracker and just add/remove NPCs as necessary, so permanent effects should stay on the PCs.