PDA

View Full Version : Character stuck with Disadvantage

geewaagh
November 29th, 2014, 19:27
I have a character in 5E that seems to be bugged. Every roll made with the character rolls with disadvantage. I have tried export and re-import but does not help.
I think this happen when the player got disconnected.

Any ideas?

ddavison
November 30th, 2014, 00:17
Can you check to see if any effects are active on the character or if they are encumbered?

You can use the /exportchar {character name} command and upload the xml here for us to check.

Moon Wizard
November 30th, 2014, 00:43
Try removing them from combat tracker (right click, Delete). If they have any effects, this will clear them.

If that still doesn't fix, then send export as Doug mentioned.

Regards,
JPG

geewaagh
November 30th, 2014, 13:44
Thanks for the replies. I tried all the above suggestions (check effects, remove from tracker, and export/re-import.
Attached is the file. Any help would be appreciated

ddavison
November 30th, 2014, 14:40
geewaagh, the character is not marked as being proficient with the armor they are wearing. Because of this, they have disadvantage with any physical based rolls. If you go to the character's main tab and click the magnifying glass next to the Armor Class, you can click the star icon to indicate they are proficient. It explains that it is linked to being proficient on the expanded info screen (accessed by clicking the mag. glass), but can also be toggled from the main tab by clicking on the star as well. Once you make that change, the character will roll without disadvantage.

Griogre
November 30th, 2014, 20:02
LOL the same exact thing happened to one of my players too, a monk.

Zacchaeus
December 9th, 2014, 19:30
I had a similar problem with a Wizard character. When I created it, and because Wizards have no armour proficiencies, I didn't bother clicking the 'proficient' star. However that meant that the character was 'stuck' with disadvantage as the OP termed it. Once I had read this post I went back into the sheet and made the character proficient which solved the problem. Slightly counter-intuitive to have proficiency in nothing but that's the solution. :o