PDA

View Full Version : New to Fantasy Grounds

Brigante
November 28th, 2014, 12:29
Hi, I am new to Fantasy Grounds, and was wondering if there was a way I could just sit in on a few games before I decide which license works best for what I want? Weekend mornings are best for me at the moment, I am in central time.

Mask_of_winter
November 28th, 2014, 12:57
The Society of Extraordinary Gamers is running four morning games this weekend: https://extraordinarygamers.com/Calendar

Brigante
November 28th, 2014, 13:29
I am not looking for a game to play yet, just someone who will let me kibbutz for a bit

Mask_of_winter
November 28th, 2014, 13:37
I know, you were quite clear about that and I don't think I implied you couldn't sit in on a game either :). If I did, I apologize.

Brigante
November 28th, 2014, 13:50
You didn't imply it, it was the impression I got when I visited the site calendar, you have to sign up for games if you want to play, no indication of how you ask to just sit in without playing, you have to join to do that, and not sure if I want to join before I even sit in on a game or meet anyone.

Mask_of_winter
November 28th, 2014, 14:01
Welcome to the community. I hope you find others with an Ultimate License to let you sit in and watch. There are also actual play youtube videos in case you're interested.

Rogue
November 28th, 2014, 14:11
I'd be willing to let you sit in on my Curse of the Crimson throne game. Saturday Morning at 9 EST. Keep in mind though that I and a few of my players are new to Fantasy grounds as well.

Brigante
November 28th, 2014, 14:15
Okay, that would be 8 am to me, doable. How do I find your game?

Brigante
November 28th, 2014, 15:40
I guess I was just trying to find the minimum I need to do to just listen in initially. If I need to buy a subscription, etc, and if it means I need to sign up somewhere I can, just couldn't see how to sign up just to listen and watch

Rogue
November 28th, 2014, 15:50
All you have to do is sign into my game. I will PM the info to you.

Rogue
November 28th, 2014, 15:59
oh, and join the society so you can get access to the teamspeak server. The info and password is on the bottom of the page after you become a member. I'm always in there, so feel free to stop by. sometimes I am in my room, so just pop in.

JohnD
November 28th, 2014, 16:42
I guess I was just trying to find the minimum I need to do to just listen in initially. If I need to buy a subscription, etc, and if it means I need to sign up somewhere I can, just couldn't see how to sign up just to listen and watch

Hi Brigante and welcome to the FG community. Hope you will end up making a purchase.

I have a 3.5e campaign game tomorrow night, Saturday November 29th starting at 7 PM Central time. We will likely play until around 11 PM.

All you would need to join and observe is to have the Demo version of FG installed on your computer, as well as TeamSpeak with the settings to connect to the community server. And of course, a functioning microphone and headset as my game is predominantly voice.

The FG Demo can be downloaded from here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/downloads/

TeamSpeak information can be found in the forums here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17071-Voicechat!-Community-TeamSpeak3-Server - everything you should need is in the first post of that thread.

If you are interested, please drop me a PM and I will provide you with connection details to the game. We are a large friendly and inviting group of eight plus DM... so you should get an idea of what a FG game session can be like.

John

Tymire
November 28th, 2014, 21:38
Fyi, your probably better off buying it outright for 20 something compared doing a subscription. A good part of us have been using the program on and off for years, and it's still one of the best table top ones around. Unless your DMing you only need the basic one as the DM provides all the packages etc...