PDA

View Full Version : Effects

Dershem
November 28th, 2014, 04:57
Has anyone compiled an effects list so to speak that can be dragged and dropped in? I.e. The Drop Called Shots, Defend/ Ganging up etc for the new version.

Mask_of_winter
November 28th, 2014, 05:14
I believe what you're talking about here are modifiers. Effects work best for keeping track of Powers duration, situations like being prone and being berserk for instance.

Here's the list of Modifiers I used to use for my games. It works with the current Savage Worlds ruleset but not with the test version (Savage Worlds v4). Just rename the extension from .zip to .mod and place it in your Module folder.

Dershem
November 28th, 2014, 05:21
Thanks! Looking for something for the new version, as I'm prepping a new game and I figure why not learn the new version versus learn the old then learn the new ;)

Mask_of_winter
November 28th, 2014, 05:43
Try changing the <ruleset> tag in the definition.xml file from SavageWorlds3 to SavageWorlds and see if it works for the new Savage Worlds.

Dershem
November 28th, 2014, 07:17
All came through blank after changing the ruleset. I'm betting it's due to the changes on how they are handled within the ruleset.

Ikael
November 28th, 2014, 08:41
I have created list of SW Deluxe powers and the most common conditions (prone, defend). I can export them to module and post those here later today. Note that if you're using Enhanced Desktop extension for SW4 you're able to export modifiers and effects.

Ikael
November 28th, 2014, 14:43
Here is list of effects which I use in my games. I do not include The Drop nor Gang Up because I can always calculate those on the way. I might consider making modifiers as well, maybe I will do that during this weekend

Dershem
November 28th, 2014, 15:12
So do these do anything besides denote the are in use? I wasn't sure if say, Wild attack actually calculated +2 to fighting -2 to parry.

Thanks!

Ikael
November 28th, 2014, 15:38
So do these do anything besides denote the are in use? I wasn't sure if say, Wild attack actually calculated +2 to fighting -2 to parry.

Thanks!

Nope, SW4 doesn't support effect adjusting your traits and rolls. You will have to manage that yourself manually

Dershem
November 28th, 2014, 18:25
Gotcha