PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting ~ Several Games

JohnD
November 23rd, 2014, 21:00
Hi everyone. I find myself with a couple of player openings in two long running campaigns. If you are looking for a game to join, this might be of interest to you.

The first campaign is a 3.5e game, which has been active since the spring of 2012, and is, in fact, the first campaign I started upon buying my Ultimate license of Fantasy Grounds. Long term players have 5th level PCs. New players will start with their PCs at 4th level, most of the way to 5th. We really need someone in this game who would be happy playing a Cleric of a LG/LN/NG Greyhawk deity. The campaign page for this game can be found right here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=765). Games run on average every 2nd or 3rd Saturday evening in the Central time zone. Our next scheduled game is November 29th from 7-11 PM. Central.

The second campaign is a Castles & Crusades campaign, which has been active since the fall of 2013. Long term players have 2nd or 3rd level PCs. New players will start with their PCs at 1st level, most of the way to 2nd (by way of illustration, one of our newer players just had her PC advance to 2nd level after her second game session). In this group, we really need someone who would be happy playing one of the currently unfilled "fighting man" classes; one of Fighter, Barbarian or Knight. We also use the Crusader's Companion OGL content, so there are additional variations of these classes potentially available. The campaign page for this game can be found right here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=1062). Games run on average every 2nd or 3rd Friday evening in the Central time zone. Our next scheduled game is currently December 12th from 8-11 PM Central.

Both campaigns could use one more player to round each group out nicely.

A little about me as a DM.... I have been running games since 1979. I've DMed D&D, AD&D, 2e, Gamma World, Top Secret, MERP, Rolemaster, RM2, RMSS, RMC, 3e, 3.5e, Pathfinder and Castles & Crusades.

I run games to have fun, and for the people playing to have fun. I enjoy DMing... if I didn't I wouldn't do it.

I am more about the story and setting than the mechanics of whatever system we're using. This means sometimes I get a rule wrong... and I am happy when one of my players respectfully brings it to my attention; as a group we discuss, everyone gives their thoughts, I make a DM's ruling, and then we move forward. Everyone has an easy going friendly personality and gets along and plays nicely in the sandbox. This is perhaps the most important prerequisite of the kind of player I am looking for.

Please note that the Castles & Crusades game listed above is not the same one as I have posted about in this thread here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22611-Mid-Week-Castles-amp-Crusades-Campaign-Players-New-to-FG-Welcome). I'm trying to see if there is demand for a week night game as well. :)

If you are interested in any of these games, please drop me a PM, and consider including an email address as I do most of my between game communication via that medium. Thanks for reading.

kwarner1986
November 24th, 2014, 00:27
Glad to see you land on your feet John. My Fridays are open and Darren is still itching for a fight.

JohnD
November 24th, 2014, 00:40
Glad to see you land on your feet John. My Fridays are open and Darren is still itching for a fight.
Thanks. Invite to the campaign page has been sent, and your old character imported.

Neruz
November 24th, 2014, 03:04
Hey been looking for a 3.5 game at a reasonable time. If you still have a space I'd be happy to join.

JohnD
November 24th, 2014, 03:11
Hey been looking for a 3.5 game at a reasonable time. If you still have a space I'd be happy to join.

Cool... insert yourself into the player list on the page and we can talk about a character concept. PMing me an e-mail address will help too.

Neruz
November 24th, 2014, 03:33
Done and done, been awhile since I played a character that didn't require ten pages of bookkeeping, Cleric magic is much easier to keep track of.

JohnD
November 24th, 2014, 05:15
Provisionally, two out of the three games have their spots filled. Not bad for just about eight hours.

The mid-week C&C game still has openings. That C&C campaign can be found here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22611-Mid-Week-Castles-amp-Crusades-Campaign-Players-New-to-FG-Welcome). I figure with all the people looking to join a game, I'd offer a bit more of my time.

rmethot
November 28th, 2014, 00:32
Hello john, any spots open on the 3.5\?

JohnD
November 28th, 2014, 00:52
Just one spot left in the C&C Campaign linked in my 11/23 @ 23:15 post I'm afraid... right now at least. If you know AD&D, you will feel right at home in C&C.

dubbomale
December 22nd, 2014, 05:05
hi there do you still have a spot open im interested i have play 3.5 though

JohnD
December 24th, 2014, 04:40
Hi dubbomale... drop me a PM and we can discuss.