PDA

View Full Version : Monk Ki

xguild
November 22nd, 2014, 23:12
Hey Guys

New to Fantasy Grounds. Me and my gaming group are creating our first characters for our first online game and we ran into a small hicup with the Monk.

Is there a way to track Ki power. For example if you use X power, Ki is used and tracked somewhere. I didn't see any kind of ammo or tracking thing built into fantasy grounds.

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

spoofer
November 23rd, 2014, 13:25
This is how I set up my monk. I created the category and powers by entering them directly into FG (as opposed to dragging and dropping from a parsed mod file).

xguild
November 23rd, 2014, 13:56
I'm not really sure I follow how that works. I understand that you have setup the Ki Power (Ki Points) so that each time you use a Ki Power it uses the points and upon a rest it resets them all. But how do you get the Individual Ki Powers to reduce the point value when they are used?

spoofer
November 23rd, 2014, 14:15
I do not. I simply click a circle after declaring that I use a ki point, and it changes to a check. This is reported in the chat box as well.

I believe that spells work the same way. That is, you have to actually track their usage manually.

TMO
December 3rd, 2015, 07:11
I would like to bump this one year old thread. This just came up in our game tonight. We have a monk who was hoping to have ki points tracked like spell slots or ammo, but she could not figure out how to do it. This is the only thread that comes close to discussing this issue but it doesn't seem like a definitive response was given. I do like spoofer's idea as a fallback, but I'm still hoping for something more automated. Is this possible? If not, was this by design?

Zacchaeus
December 3rd, 2015, 12:17
I would like to bump this one year old thread. This just came up in our game tonight. We have a monk who was hoping to have ki points tracked like spell slots or ammo, but she could not figure out how to do it. This is the only thread that comes close to discussing this issue but it doesn't seem like a definitive response was given. I do like spoofer's idea as a fallback, but I'm still hoping for something more automated. Is this possible? If not, was this by design?

There isn't an automatic way to check off Ki points (or anything else in the Actions tab - apart from ammo). You have to mark off manually when a Ki point is used. See the screen shot as to the best way to set this up - set the power group uses to however many Ki points the monks has. When one is marked off they all get one tick greyed out.

Xorn
December 3rd, 2015, 16:58
This is how I set it up for my monks too. (Same with Channel Divinity)--you just need to set all the powers to the same Group name, then click the magnifying glass and set the number of uses for the group.

TMO
December 4th, 2015, 05:44
Guys, thanks. This will work for us.