PDA

View Full Version : Module book opens buts module never appears

greyhoundgames
November 21st, 2014, 21:05
I have seen this for 2 people now. This problem does not exist for the majority of people I play with.
They see the modules in the library screen. When they go to activate them, the book is closed despite being set to force load. When they drag the book open, nothing happens and if you return to the screen at a later time its closed again.

Doing nothing for quite a while to ensure it has time to load does not seem to help either.
This latest scenario involved 2 people with high speed connections.

damned
November 21st, 2014, 22:25
what do you mean "When they drag the book open, nothing happens"?
there are a few different ways that modules typically work.
Some appear in the Library after you activate/open them while others will appear in Story/Images/Tokens/Personalities etc.
If its the latter they will usually appear on a new Tab....

Nickademus
November 21st, 2014, 22:29
What content do they have? Modules that have tokens and list items (story/npc/item) won't seem to be open until you open the window/list and look for the module bag/tab. I also think (but could be wrong) that force loading doesn't automatically open the module for the player; they download all the data but still have to manually open the module to pull the data from the campaign file into memory. Not sure why the books would be shutting by themselves though.

Just to cover all the bases, even though it is highly unlikely. Does the player know that double clicking the module entry with open/close the book? Could the player be double clicking after opening the book in an attempt to exit that window or something?

greyhoundgames
November 22nd, 2014, 00:52
This was a library entry to provide all the content for 5th edition. I was using screen share so I can see that they were doing it properly. If they take that exact same module and use it locally, IE in a local game with them as the DM, it works perfectly. As soon as you open the book, the library section populates with the thing being opened. We did make sure to give it plenty of time to load across the network(5+ minutes?) so I dont think that was it. There was no double clicking going on. I could see the art for the module near the book, so that much was being loaded.

damned
November 22nd, 2014, 03:20
Have the player delete their local cache and restart FG.

greyhoundgames
November 22nd, 2014, 03:57
Ok. Will try that next time it happens. It randomly fixed itself (it has done this before and gone back to breaking so hopefully..)