PDA

View Full Version : 2 Problems with 5th edition set

greyhoundgames
November 21st, 2014, 06:13
#1) In pathfinder, the DM can attack with the combat tracker entry for a monster or the character sheet, and even if its set to hide DM rolls for things like saves and skills, it still shows the players the name of the attacking character. In 5th, we cannot get this to happen. Either you can see everything, or you cannot tell the names of DM attackers. Expected result would be Goblin -> attack YOURNAME etc etc

#2) Trying to drop a level 9 spell with 20d6 fire and 20d6 bludgeoning caused a whole boat load of errors on the console. Smaller spells seem to work fine.

Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/charselect_client.lua"]:19: attempt to call global 'createWindow' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/charselect_client.lua"]:19: attempt to call global 'createWindow' (a nil value)
Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (combattracker.list.id-00001.link)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control () in windowclass (power_damage_editor_main)
Ruleset Warning: window: Anchored static width ignored for control () in windowclass (power_damage_editor_main)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:504: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:504: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)

Moon Wizard
November 25th, 2014, 23:03
Hidden Roll / Results
I'm not seeing that issue in my test 5E campaign. Can you provide more detail?

I set up 2 goblins in the CT, and had one attack the other one. The attached image shows the results.

1) First set is with Show GM rolls On and Show result to Client On.
2) Show GM rolls Off and Show result to Client On
3) Show GM rolls Off and Show result to Client Off
4) Show GM rolls On and Show Result to Client Off

Spells with Lots of Damage Dice
I tried dragging and dropping Meteor Swarm onto my test character and it appeared to work fine.

Misc
Can you make sure that you don't have a 5E directory in your FG data directory rulesets subfolder?

Regards,
JPG

greyhoundgames
December 9th, 2014, 23:13
If i see the dragon thing happen agail ill post back bere.
No to the directory question.

As far as the attack rolls. Apparently its always been like this and as a DM, i didn't know my players could not see the names of the attackers.

WishX
December 22nd, 2014, 16:22
I have a similar issue with 5th Edition. I open Fantasy Grounds, click "Manage Characters", double-click 5E, then when the window comes up, when I throw any die onto the "Log / Roll / Points" window, I get the following error:

Script Error: [string "desktop/scripts/modifierstack.lua"]:241: attempt to index global 'control' (a nil value)
This is reproducible and happens every time. I haven't tried die rolls in any other windows or under any other conditions. This is actually the first and only thing I've done with Fantasy Grounds.

Thank you.

Trenloe
December 22nd, 2014, 16:26
I have a similar issue with 5th Edition. I open Fantasy Grounds, click "Manage Characters", double-click 5E, then when the window comes up, when I throw any die onto the "Log / Roll / Points" window, I get the following error:

Script Error: [string "desktop/scripts/modifierstack.lua"]:241: attempt to index global 'control' (a nil value)
This is reproducible and happens every time. I haven't tried die rolls in any other windows or under any other conditions. This is actually the first and only thing I've done with Fantasy Grounds.
Are you running the test 3.0.10 version or the live 3.0.9 version?

This has been reported in the test version: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22786-Script-error-on-test-server But doesn't appear to be an issue in the current live release (3.0.9).

WishX
December 23rd, 2014, 05:22

This has been reported in the test version: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22786-Script-error-on-test-server But doesn't appear to be an issue in the current live release (3.0.9).

I was using 3.0.10. I have downgraded to 3.0.9 and can confirm that this no longer happens. Please forgive me for not including the version number in the original post.

WishX
December 23rd, 2014, 08:45

I was using 3.0.10. I downgraded to 3.0.9 and the error is gone. Pardon for not including the version number originally.