PDA

View Full Version : Call For CoreRPG-Derived Rulesets

dulux-oz
November 20th, 2014, 06:56
Hi All,

I'll be releasing new versions of my Locations and Weather Extensions soon, plus a couple of new ones as well. In an effort to streamline how they work I'll be putting in Ruleset Acceptance Rules so that only CoreRPG Ruleset derived Child Rulesets will accept these Extensions - I've been getting quite a few PMs from different people asking why these Extensions don't work with their particular non-CoreRPG-derived Ruleset, and frankly, its a PITA.

So, apart from the "standard" Rulesets that come with FG, plus my own Rulesets, C&C and SavageWorlds, if anyone has or knows of a Ruleset that is CoreRPG-derived could you please post here both the name of the Ruleset (as it appears in the name of the .mod file) and also the latest release number.

I'll keep an eye on this Thread and incorporate the data for these Rulesets so my Extensions will work with any CoreRPG-derived Ruleset (unless specified for some strange reason).

Here is the data I have obtained to date (I'll update this table as new information comes in). These Rulesets are those that are CoreRPG-derived - Works-In-Progress (WIP) will be added to this table when they are Post-WIP:

Ruleset
Release
Date Updated Here

CoreRPG
21-Jan-2015

13th Age
21-Aug-2015

3.5E
21-Aug-2015

4E
21-Jan-2015

5E
21-Aug-2015

Ars Magica
4-Sep-2015

Cairn
28-Nov-2014

CoC
21-Nov-2014

CnC
21-Aug-2015

d20 Modern
25-Nov-2014

Fate Core
21-Aug-2015

Maelstrom
30-Apr-2015

MJBCore
21-Jan-2015

Numenera
21-Jan-2015

Pavillon Noir Reloaded
???
24-Nov-2014

PFRPG
21-Jan-2015

SW4
21-Jan-2015

Übergame
21-Jan-2015

Warhammer 40K: Black Crusade
30-Apr-2015

Warhammer 40K: Dark Heresy
30-Apr-2015

Warhammer 40K: Death Watch
30-Apr-2015

Warhammer 40K: Only War
30-Apr-2015

Yggdrasill
28-Nov-2014

Thankyou

I'd also like to take this opportunity to ask the SW devs about the idea of having the <ruleset> Tags in an Extension "Cascade" the same way that the parent Rulesets do - this way if an Extension was to work with all Core-RPG-derived Rulesets we'd only need to put in <ruleset>CoreRPG</ruleset> and the Child Rulesets would also work OK - obviously, we'd need a Tag to Exclude a Child Ruleset (and all of the Children of the Child Ruleset) to make this work properly.

I know, place it on the wishlist :) - done!

Cheers

damned
November 20th, 2014, 13:33
Paranoia
Maelstrom
both are wip but both will hopefully see the light of day this calendar year....

dulux-oz
November 20th, 2014, 14:30
Paranoia
Maelstrom
both are wip but both will hopefully see the light of day this calendar year....

Excellent - thankyou.

Would you (or the author, if they're not the same person) be able to let me know when they go post-wip, thanks?

I'll post a list in a day or two as to the information I have up to that point (probably I'll edit Post #1)

Speaking of Paranoia, did you hear that the original RPG Author is doing a new version on Kickstarter?

Cheers

Valarian
November 20th, 2014, 16:32
There's also "Fate Core" and a couple of community rulesets: "Yggdrasill" and "Cairn".
I'm also (gradually) converting my Night's Black Agents ruleset to CoreRPG as a generic "Gumshoe" SRD ruleset and NBA extension.

Oberoten
November 23rd, 2014, 07:44
Ars Magica is getting the new core rpg treatment as well. Currently trying to turn the original D10 into a wild-die. And this is where I am stuck.
- Obe

dulux-oz
November 23rd, 2014, 08:26
Ars Magica is getting the new core rpg treatment as well. Currently trying to turn the original D10 into a wild-die. And this is where I am stuck.
- Obe

OK, thanks Oberoten - please update here when you've got it sorted (name, release number).

Can we help with your coding issue - send me a PM if you'd like

Cheers

Blacky
November 23rd, 2014, 18:03
Pavillon Noir Reloaded.

But keeping such a list by hand seems cumbersome, especially on the long run…

dulux-oz
November 24th, 2014, 01:45
Pavillon Noir Reloaded.

But keeping such a list by hand seems cumbersome, especially on the long run…

Yeah, I can see that its going to be a PITA, but tell me a better solution to ensure that the data going into Extensions is accurate.

The only thing I've come up with is the suggestion I made at the bottom of the first post (which has gone to the FG-Wishlist) - if you can come up with something better than that, please, let me know :)

Oh, What's the release Release Number for Pavillon?

Cheers

Oberoten
November 24th, 2014, 09:33
Maybe if we could get a semantic function for the Wiki then it'd be as easy as a #Ask [CoreRpg] statement to retrieve the list.

And yes, I would aprechiate all help I can get. I have severely derped finding the equivalent of "On Dice Landed" if someone could write me just an exploding D6 which would replace ANY dropped D6es I could work from there and maybe even find a way to do the old Vampire D10s in 3.5 at the same time.

- Obe

Trenloe
November 24th, 2014, 22:41
I have severely derped finding the equivalent of "On Dice Landed"
There's onDiceLanded in scripts\manager_actions.lua in CoreRPG - is this similar to what you're looking for?

Oberoten
November 25th, 2014, 00:51
I am getting closer, now the scripts seems to at the least notice something is going on.
BUT how do I return the results to FG? The old method of just getting an index over the D10s and then changing dielist[i].result doesn't seem to work anymore?

Moon Wizard
November 25th, 2014, 21:44
Ultimately, you have to call chatwindow.deliverMessage or Comm.deliverChatMessage with a message structure containing the dice result table.

If you are integrating with CoreRPG ActionsManager script, there is a ActionsManager.createActionMessage(rSource, rRoll) function that converts an actor record and roll record into a message to be passed to the Comm package.

See the scripts/manager_action_*.lua scripts in the 3.5E/4E/5E rulesets (usually towards the bottom where the final roll is handled).

Regards,
JPG

Oberoten
November 25th, 2014, 21:50
Gonna take a look. And... eh... Sorry for hijacking and derailing the thread folks.

- Obe

Stollesson
November 27th, 2014, 11:46
BRP is not a CoreRPG Ruleset, I do hope someone is working on it:confused:

dulux-oz
November 27th, 2014, 12:21
BRP is not a CoreRPG Ruleset, I do hope someone is working on it:confused:

Hmmm, I was told it was - I've removed it from the list until I can get some clarification - thankyou

Cheers

Valarian
November 27th, 2014, 13:39
Ruleset
Release
Date Updated Here

Cairn
27-Nov-2014

Yggdrasill
27-Nov-2014

dulux-oz
November 27th, 2014, 15:18
Ruleset
Release
Date Updated Here

Cairn
27-Nov-2014

Yggdrasill
27-Nov-2014

Updated in Post #1 - thanks :)

Cheers

damned
April 29th, 2015, 13:26
Excellent - thankyou.

Would you (or the author, if they're not the same person) be able to let me know when they go post-wip, thanks?

I'll post a list in a day or two as to the information I have up to that point (probably I'll edit Post #1)

Speaking of Paranoia, did you hear that the original RPG Author is doing a new version on Kickstarter?

Cheers

Maelstrom is available now.
And IanMWard and I are discussing Paranoia right now.

damned
April 29th, 2015, 13:27
And MnM is not CoreRPG....

dulux-oz
April 29th, 2015, 13:43
Maelstrom is available now.

Version?

damned
April 29th, 2015, 13:51
I think the version here is 0.91 but I have 0.95 im working on right now....

dulux-oz
April 29th, 2015, 13:54
I think the version here is 0.91 but I have 0.95 im working on right now....

So which version would you like me to add to Post #1?

dulux-oz
April 29th, 2015, 14:00
Added the 4 Warhammer 40K Rulesets to Post #1

damned
April 29th, 2015, 14:11
0.91 and Ill post the newest version in about a week. Adding drag n drop characteristics, and other fields.

dulux-oz
April 29th, 2015, 14:15
Done!

Got a copy? - I'd like to test it with my Extensions.

Cheers

dulux-oz
April 29th, 2015, 14:21
Moved this Thread to the Armory: Rulesets sub-Forum as it is more appropriate here/there.

Cheers

CryAxe
May 22nd, 2015, 22:25
Is the Numenera, as listed, the Cypher System that can be used for Numenera, The Strange and any future Cypher System settings or is it setup specifically for Numenera only?
It would be great if the Cypher System received full official support from FG. It already has a lot of great content and, in the future, there are probably going to be more and more settings and material coming out for it.

damned
May 22nd, 2015, 22:53
Try it out - its available with the Demo version. I dont know if it also supports The Strange It does not have any content - it is mechanics only. It is one of the rulesets that install with the app.

CryAxe
May 22nd, 2015, 23:10
Try it out - its available with the Demo version. I dont know if it also supports The Strange It does not have any content - it is mechanics only. It is one of the rulesets that install with the app.

Thanks, I will. It will take some time to add the material in, but it will be worth it.
If Cypher ever receives the love that 5E and some of the other rulesets (with their additional content), get in FG, I suspect that it would take off and be a favorite of the community.

damned
May 23rd, 2015, 00:50
have a peek at this thread. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23516-Numenera-The-Strange-and-creating-modules