PDA

View Full Version : Newbie character sheet help

bodhiwolff
November 19th, 2014, 22:54
I'm trying to figure out certain class features for my player's character sheets.

Specifically, what are some good ways to implement:

a) Rage (resistances, and damage bonus)
b) Channel Divinity
c) Ranger bonus damage to previously-injured opponents
d) Life Cleric bonus healing to all healing spells

Can somebody give me some examples of the way they have implemented these sorts of features?

Example:
a) Rage -- the best workaround we've come up with so far is an action button that does a flat 2-points of damage when clicked. The barbarian must remember when raging to click the button after normal damage is done, to then do the bonus damage.

This strikes me as inelegant.

Any advice?

Thegroo
November 20th, 2014, 00:06
Here is my setup for Rage

And the effect for cut/paste

Rage;DMG: 2 melee;RESIST:bludgeoning, piercing, slashing;ADVCHK: strength;ADVSAV: strength

OneSidedDie
November 20th, 2014, 00:27
Rage: Create a power under the action tab, give it the name and category of "Rage". Create an effect on it with "Rage; ADVCHK: strength; ADVSAV: strength; DMG: 2 melee; RESIST: bludgeoning, slashing, piercing" give it a range of self and a duration of 10 rounds. Finally set the power group of rage to be usable 2 times daily. Attached screenshot but let me know if something is not clear. You will need to update some of the numbers as you level up and it will add the damage to melee dex based attacks (rage is str only) but other than that it works as advertised!

I'll work on your others too.

OneSidedDie
November 20th, 2014, 00:50
OK, so more testing. I am unable to recreate the rangers colossus slayer or the life clerics disciple of life abilities. There is no < 100% health tag or spell level tag for the effects to run by.

For colossus slayer my player just set up two attacks, one with and one without the extra damage. For disciple of life you can just go in and add the extra healing manually to each healing spell in their list. If you want to be truely OCD you can also set up one effect for each level you can cast the spell at (1d8 + wis + 3 cast at 1st level, 2d8 + wis + 4 cast at 2nd level, etc.)

Channel divinity, there are so many different types that you would have to create a custom effect for each, if they could even be created using effects. However, you can at least give them their own power category so you can keep track of their daily use.

bodhiwolff
November 20th, 2014, 00:58
Thank you all for these examples. They are INCREDIBLY helpful!

I'd really like to see an online repository of character sheets, one per class, that showcase the community's abilities to automate things. How cool would it be to have a cleric template that you could just tweak?!

Thank you again.