PDA

View Full Version : Top-Down Token Search

shemantis
November 19th, 2014, 17:22
I am looking for a few top-down tokens, and had great luck last time I posted here.

The things I haven't been able to find anywhere (or use similar replacements for) are as follows:
Rug of Smothering (yeah, I should probably just use a top-down picture of a rug, but it's worth asking)
Aarakocra
Crawling Claw
Nothic
Sphinx
Any kind of modron
Flumph (man, I felt dirty Googling "top-down flumph." Don't know why)

Almost everything else, I've been able to find a good one (paid or free), or use something similar. But these....these have escaped me.

Thanks for any help anyone can give!

kane280484
November 19th, 2014, 17:37
That's not exactly an answer, but have you tried this tool? https://www.rptools.net/index.php?page=tokentool It's free and lets you make your own token in, literally, about 15 seconds.

EDIT: If they got to be top-down, it's a bit problematic indeed.

shemantis
November 19th, 2014, 17:52
Yeah, that's the thing: I prefer top-down style vs. token-style.
Although I agree that TokenTool is awesome.

damned
November 19th, 2014, 21:02
Yeah, that's the thing: I prefer top-down style vs. token-style.
Although I agree that TokenTool is awesome.

Its time to brush off your long forgotten artistic skills!

Irondrake
November 21st, 2014, 03:10
Those are some tough tokens to find...let me see...

There is actually a claw that comes with the tokens that are built in. Just load up the Monster tokens library and you'll find one named monster_creeping_hand_a_01.

For the nothic I used this little bugger...

The aarakocra could cause some trouble, but there's an owlbear token by one of my favorites, Devin Night that could pass. I'd probably do a recolor on it if I was going to use it this way. BTW, this token came from one of the free sets.

And the last I have...and this may not be exactly what you're wanting...a little recoloring on this, maybe adding some wings...that'll make it useable. I just had a statue.

Use a rug from any number of mapping sources for your rug of smothering. :) Modrons and the like...well, a little 3D modeling could probably put one together pretty quick.

shemantis
November 21st, 2014, 03:19
Ah, that nothic one is totally do-able, thank you!!

And yes, that sphinx at least gives me a place to start. I'm no artist, but I can PhotoShop another creature's wings onto that, and lower the saturation so it's more sandy/stony.

Thank you so much!!