PDA

View Full Version : Creating Power categories (Spells) in DnD 5E character sheets

Valhingen
November 18th, 2014, 20:02
This really confuses me and I find it a bit hard to describe...

So I'm on a wizard character sheet (actions) and want to start adding my spells.
I click add power(s) and put my 4 Cantrips in, say in the 2nd field I put "X" - now I click the magnifying glass on the new category (X) and change from the sword icon to the little book - it seems to recognize those must be cantrips and adds that so category is now X (Cantrips)

Now I want to add Level 1 spells...I add them with say "Y" or even "Spells (Level 1)", click the magnifying glass again to change from sword to book and here comes my problem....it pushes this category above the first one, now recognizing it as the new cantrips section (so I got my 1st level spells now under "Y (Cantrips)" which is obviously not what I wanted.

Somehow I cant seem to figure out how to add them correctly...

Valhingen
November 18th, 2014, 22:01
Messing with this for a few hours now and its quite frustrating.

So it appears that no matter what I do while trying something seemingly simple as to have groups "Spells (Cantrips)", "Spells (Level 1)", "Spells (Level 2)" it will always, for all groups, add "(Cantrip)".
Further it wont give me any "prepared" checkboxes in any section (cause it thinks they are all cantrips?).

Edit:
Ok, feeling mildly stupid now - I kept trying to force spells into groups by their, well, groups...while I never even tried editing the details (the shield) and setting a spell level :)

damned
November 19th, 2014, 05:25
...sometimes you get stuck on what turns out to be really simple stuff....

Garindel
January 5th, 2015, 14:38
Just click the plus to add a spell under the cantrips heading then click to close the editing tab, once the editing (adding buttons) are no longer there, click on the added black spells open button and change the level to 1 it will automatically make the 1st level and do the same for 2 and so on.

edit: Also you need to close the lock after changing the spell level from 0. then exit out and you now have the 1st level spells.