PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Grounds @ Tabletop Game

Xorn
November 16th, 2014, 23:54

It's a huge picture, but I just wanted to share a photo of my D&D face-to-face game today. We play in the conference room where I work, with the player client up on an 80" LED.

It's nice.

damned
November 17th, 2014, 02:54
lots of good healthy food at that table!

Xorn
November 17th, 2014, 03:23
LOL you're the second person to point that out. We're playing D&D not prepping for a marathon! :D

Was such a fun game--I actually killed two characters this session... a knight took down a pair of rogues quite handily.

Mistamichal
November 17th, 2014, 04:06
I use FG at my table as well. We have a 32" LCD tv that we have flat on the table as a digital map. I use FG for the adventure module and to control the NPCs, the players use minis for their PCs.

ddavison
November 21st, 2014, 18:15
I haven't actually ran a game in here, but I thought it would be fun to see what it looked like on a 122" screen. I think I still prefer all being seated around a game table for face-to-face games. I might have to give this a shot though with everyone connected with laptops from theater seats.

Zeus
November 27th, 2014, 19:34
Doug - try this. Grab yourself two mirrors Doug and bounce the projected image down 90 degrees onto a flat tabletop surface. All your players can then sit down around the table - thats what I do anyways.

jh79
November 29th, 2014, 22:05
Doug - try this. Grab yourself two mirrors Doug and bounce the projected image down 90 degrees onto a flat tabletop surface. All your players can then sit down around the table - thats what I do anyways.

Zeus, your to smart for your own good man lol, could be dangerous:hurt:

ddavison
November 29th, 2014, 22:14

I played around with that setup early on but I wasn't ever happy with the setup. I really was hoping there would be a nice commercial product available that would let me do that and have it still look very finished. You'll have to post a pic of your setup so I can see if something similar would work for me. My biggest question is how you go about mounting and positioning the mirrors on the ceiling to angle the projection down to the table.