PDA

View Full Version : Connecting and License key error

kelbris
November 16th, 2014, 23:10
Hi, 2 days ago (in my time zone) I attempted to join a Star Wars Edge of the Empire game. Unfortunately, when I was on my connection I would always see it stuck at connecting (which made no sense since it connected a couple of days earlier). I then tried switching to my father's wi-fi from my 3G and found out that it kept saying "License Key Conflict". What could be causing this? I am running windows 8 64-bit, along with an intel core i7 3.2ghz cpu, nvidia geforce gt545 and 16GB DDR3 RAM. Also, if the initial file download (for tokens etc) fails, is there some kind of command I can use to retry? Thanks

Valarian
November 16th, 2014, 23:21
If you're a player, you can remove the game cache and redownload from the GM. That may help with any corruption in the player cache. Usually the message "License Key Conflict" appears if the same license key is being used to connect to the game as another player or the GM. If you're trying to run a second Fantasy Grounds on the same machine, use localhost as the Alias/IP Address to connect. That avoids the license key conflict. You can also get the conflict message if the GM is running the demo version. Only a single player can connect to the demo/unregistered version. This is also true if the Full version is being used to run a demo game, IIRC, only a single unregistered player can connect. Only the ultimate license can accept more than one unregistered player.

Valarian
November 16th, 2014, 23:24
If both Wifi and 3G were active at the same time, it could have been trying to connect via both. That may have caused your license conflict.

kelbris
November 16th, 2014, 23:40
They were not active at the same time, I first attempted to join using 3G but it hang on connecting, then I unplugged that and used Wi-Fi which is when I got the License key error. I was only running one instance of the game, using the steam edition.

Moon Wizard
November 17th, 2014, 22:11
There is a period of several minutes where a connection is left open by the host, while it waits for a player to reestablish a connection. You could have overlapped, and thus gotten a license conflict error.

Regards,
JPG