PDA

View Full Version : How to use actions "Delay" and "ready an action"

Dragonan
November 15th, 2014, 14:54
Hi everyone

We have just started playing and in combat we where not able to find any easy way to use "delay" or "ready and action" in combat so it was visible that the character/monster was using that action.

Is the only way just to remember or is it just us that have missed it?

Thanks
Andreas :confused:

Trenloe
November 15th, 2014, 14:59
There's not specific functionality within the ruleset to track this. You could put an effect on the creature to remind you - this would just be a label effect such as "delaying".

Dragonan
November 15th, 2014, 18:43
Thanks for the quick reply :)

Will try to use an effect and see if I can keep the overview by using that :)

/Andreas

Griogre
November 16th, 2014, 18:35
For delaying, I've found that usually the player is just delaying until after another PC or monster. In that case I just tell them to end turn and change their initiative to after whoever they are delaying after. Then when they come up again I just ask them if they want to go.

Some advice related to readying and delaying: spread out the initiative order again, if it bunches up. The actual numbers don't matter - its the order. It is best not to have monsters and PCs on the same initiative number as it messed up expiration of effects and its the same with PC's on the same initiative.

Dragonan
November 16th, 2014, 20:51
Thanks Griogre I like that advise about changing the initative on delay because 99% of the time it is to wait for another player :)