PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder: Skills Check Boxes

vahngalvan
November 12th, 2014, 07:26
Hi, I'm running a pathfinder campaign and it's fairly new to me I'm used to playing 3.5e. I'm curious about the 2 rows of skills check boxes that run all the way down the left side of the character sheet. What do they do to skills if anything? Also is there a way to mark out character's class skills so they automatically get their +3 bonus to the skill or is it best to just spend 1 skill point and put 4 ranks in the skill. Is there any skill rank maximum for instance: Can we put all 5 skill points in say Perception and have 8+Wis modifier perception skill total?

Trenloe
November 12th, 2014, 07:33
If you hover over the 2 icons at the top of the 2 columns of check boxes you'll get a tooltip - the first is to include the skills in the mini character sheet (click the "MINI" button at the bottom on the character sheet) and the second is to indicate class skills - which will add +3 to the skill if it has at least one rank.

Pathfinder limits you to maximum skill ranks in any skill equal to your character level. NOTE: This is not enforced in the Fantasy Grounds character sheet.

vahngalvan
November 12th, 2014, 07:37
Ah, thanks I hovered over it earlier but I guess I didn't wait long enough. Now that I experiment with what does what I can notice the total skill increase changing I guess I needed to actually put a skill rank in it to begin with.