PDA

View Full Version : Test release v3.0.10

Moon Wizard
November 11th, 2014, 22:43
Note: As always, please make a backup of your FG data folder before updating and opening campaigns with a test release.

This release is a placeholder for adding minor features and bug fixes.

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. The Test mode slot (available via the FG Settings dialog) contain this version right now.

We're a small company so we rely on our community to help sound out each new release. Thanks in advance to all those who pitch in.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
November 11th, 2014, 22:43
Updates

[5E] Added PC spell option for half damage on successful save.
[5E] Added support for Avoidance and Evasion effects, which will negate/halve damage on success/fail of appropriate save types.
[5E] Cast button in PC Actions tab (Actions Display mode) did not show correct tooltip. Fixed.

JPG

ShadeRaven
November 14th, 2014, 00:02
Awesome! Any particular mechanic to get Half Damage on save to work?

[Edit] Nevermind! Found it under spell ability microscope.

Griogre
November 17th, 2014, 01:06
Just thought I would bring this up. If a character's initiative is 0 it doesn't show up on the combat tracker. This comes up more in 5E since the initiative doesn't increase based on level. So someone with a neg dex mod will get it fairly frequently like my dwarven cleric. You probably need to differentiate between no initiative rolled and a 0 or negative initiative. :(

HoloGnome
November 17th, 2014, 14:14
Definitely agree. I have also raised this point in the past because I didn't understand why init values were blank (from negative init) and couldn't tell if init had been rolled or not. Also, I wish there could be improved handling of fully dead creatures with visual feedback for the combat tracker and tokens (different coloring, graying out the CT entry, drawing a slash through the token, etc.) + have the CT skip over them.

Moon Wizard
November 17th, 2014, 22:09
Griogre,
Currently, FG does not have the concept of a null value in the number fields. A long time ago, I briefly played around with setting it to -10000 as the default and hidden values, but then you got unexpected behavior when you used mouse wheel. Otherwise, to track a combatant as "unrolled" requires a new feature and field to be built into the CT to specify a creature as unrolled and to react differently to all CT features based on that value (i.e. do you add them when you drag faction controls to map? Do you "rest" them when selecting party rest? etc.).

Holognome,
These other things are essentially feature requests that should be added to wish list. I just did a review of a majority of the wish list items as part of our Unity process.

Regards,
JPG

kalannar
November 20th, 2014, 15:12
Couldn't you just default a initiative of 0 or lower as 1, like you do with damage? Hopefully that would be a quick fix. Also how does fantasy grounds determine target distance between two people on the grid? An argument came up last Sunday over it.

Moon Wizard
November 20th, 2014, 23:15
Initiative
No, because technically you can have initiatives equal to or less than 1 (negative Dex ability modifier), which is what caused the question in the first place. I think that this will have to be a corner case that we don't support for now, since it doesn't come up that often and the fix will be a fair amount of work and may cause issues with other code that depends on initiative (such as effect application, etc.).

Distance
Distance is calculated in FG based on "units" of distance (i.e. squares) to the target multiplied by the ruleset unit distance, and diagonal multiplier. The distance value is calculated as the (floor(diagonals * diagonal multiplier) * unit distance) + ((max(horizontal,vertical)-diagonals) * unit distance). Therefore the unit distances will always be in whole "units" as specified by the ruleset. For example in 3.5E and 5E rulesets, the unit distance is 5, and the diagonal multiplier is 1.5.

Specifically targeting distance is calculated from the center of the nearest square containing the source of the targeting (based on size from CT) to the nearest square containing the target of the targeting (based on size from CT). If the token is not linked to the CT, then the maximum radial edge of the token graphic is used to calculated the distance.

Regards,
JPG

Griogre
November 20th, 2014, 23:58
Griogre,
Currently, FG does not have the concept of a null value in the number fields. A long time ago, I briefly played around with setting it to -10000 as the default and hidden values, but then you got unexpected behavior when you used mouse wheel. Otherwise, to track a combatant as "unrolled" requires a new feature and field to be built into the CT to specify a creature as unrolled and to react differently to all CT features based on that value (i.e. do you add them when you drag faction controls to map? Do you "rest" them when selecting party rest? etc.).

I understand the problem with null but maybe a bool rolledInit = false; Set to true on the field being updated and false on a rest or resetting the combat tracker? Flags are ugly but this would have little impact on the rest of the code and you could use it to show or not show 0.

El Condoro
November 24th, 2014, 11:09
This feature doesn't seem to be working (5E ruleset).

Situation: character Thunderwaves a ghost (resist thunder damage). The ghost makes its DC 12 Con roll, which should result in damage x 0.5 (resist) x 0.5 (made save) but only the resistance is being applied.

Callum
November 24th, 2014, 11:36
Couldn't you just default a initiative of 0 or lower as 1, like you do with damage? Hopefully that would be a quick fix.
An alternative "quick fix" workaround would be to set initiative values of 0 or less to be 100 + the initiative value. The initiative sequence would then be preserved, and the DM would just have to move the flag down to the correct starting point in the first round of combat.

Bumamgar
November 25th, 2014, 02:37
5E: Additional damage from DMG: effects isn't taking on the type of the damage initiator, and thus creatures with resistance are taking more damage than they should. For example, Barbarian's rage or Sneak Attack damage against a creature with resistance to the weapon type that dealt the damage should be halved but currently is not.

Moon Wizard
November 26th, 2014, 21:40
El Condoro,

This is working for me. See attached image.

JPG

El Condoro
November 27th, 2014, 07:56
It is for me, too. Not sure what was going on before but I just checked again with the same actors and all good. Oh well - is fix (maybe never broke). Cheers :)

Moon Wizard
November 30th, 2014, 00:20
Some minor updates will be in the Test/Dev channel not related to 3.0.10 beta, but I thought I would drop a note since people like to know changes in an update.

Test mode
Savage Worlds 4 updates for Fantasy Companion and Rippers Setting

Dev mode
Internal testing build to help track down Mac folder opening issue

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
December 3rd, 2014, 22:37
Updates

[CoreRPG+] Added targeting toggle to modifier stack to specify whether rolls should use targeting information, regardless of whether they are rolled in the chat window or via a button.
[CoreRPG+] Attack, damage and heal rolls will now display results based on Show Results option and faction (if available). Default faction is friend (PC) and foe (NPC), if character not in CT.
[CoreRPG+] Effects application by foes (or NPCs not in CT) will be hidden unless applied to a friendly unit in CT.
[5E] Base damage type of attack applied to bonus damage effects.
[5E] Tag added to roll text when Disadvantage applied by armor non-proficiency.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Damage rolls dragged from chat window to CT were losing damage type information. Fixed.
[5E] Encumbered effect not applying disadvantage to abiilty checks (including skill checks). Fixed.
[5E] Prone effect not applying advantage to attacker melee attacks and disadvantage to attacker ranged attacks. Fixed.
[5E] Script error when applying source to effect by dragging CT name to effect. Fixed.
[3.5E] AC value missing for Pit Fiend in Bestiary module. Fixed.

JPG

Moon Wizard
December 3rd, 2014, 22:39
Also, I included a potential fix for the folder button on the launcher screen for people running FG on a Mac. I'll have to check with Doug and Zeus about how the client gets updated on the Steam build.
Can someone with a Mac verify whether the launcher data folder button works for them?

Regards,
JPG

Griogre
December 8th, 2014, 05:46
I'd like to request an option where you can use normal incumbanace instead of the optional one. The normal incumberance rules say you can carry 15 X Str in pounds before being slowed down. The optional rule says you can carry only carry 5 x Str and over that you are slowed. I am finding the mages and other weak str guys can't carry their starting gear so they are throwing out the heavy items which seems extreme.

VenomousFiligree
December 21st, 2014, 12:02
I'm unable to use the current test release with 5e: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22786-Script-error-on-test-server

Vackipleur
December 22nd, 2014, 10:03
Hi,

It's only for me or there is an issue with monster's initiative in 5E ruleset ? When I put a monster in the combat tracker, the DEX modifier is not added during the initiative check...

Mistamichal
December 30th, 2014, 07:39
I just checked and it's not adding the monsters' DEX mod for me either. I hadn't even noticed before.

VenomousFiligree
December 30th, 2014, 09:55
I just checked and it's not adding the monsters' DEX mod for me either. I hadn't even noticed before.

Me too.

Ardem
January 4th, 2015, 05:50
Can I have more information on this

[CoreRPG+] Added targeting toggle to modifier stack to specify whether rolls should use targeting information, regardless of whether they are rolled in the chat window or via a button.

I am not sure what targeting information your referring to, I can see you have a click option to turn it on or off and it seem to just be an on off for the modifierstack. Is this targeting info refering to something else??

The reason I am asking is I now need to fix my ruleset and trying to figure out should I just keep the old modifier stack or leave this feature in which does not seem no more helpful then just setting the modifierstack to 0 I am sure there is more to this then that.

Trenloe
January 4th, 2015, 06:10
Can I have more information on this

I am not sure what targeting information your referring to, I can see you have a click option to turn it on or off and it seem to just be an on off for the modifierstack. Is this targeting info refering to something else??

The reason I am asking is I now need to fix my ruleset and trying to figure out should I just keep the old modifier stack or leave this feature in which does not seem no more helpful then just setting the modifierstack to 0 I am sure there is more to this then that.
There has been confusion quite a few times recently where players targeted a baddie but dragged their attack/damage dice to the chat window and were thinking targeting wasn't working. In FG 3.0.9, if you drag dice to the chat window to roll them - even if it is attack, damage, heal, etc. action dice then targeting won't be used. This is to allow out-of-sequence rolls to be made without using any current targeting. The new toggle allows dropping a roll into the chat window to use targeting (new feature) or not use targeting (the current 3.0.9 functionality).

Xorn
January 6th, 2015, 04:56
I would like to see a toggle/GM option to change how HD are spent--rolled vs static value (half rounded up)

Ardem
January 6th, 2015, 06:42
Thanks Trenloe, I think that makes sense, however i think i should be unaffected by this. Thanks for the info.

Andraax
January 6th, 2015, 14:50
In the C&C ruleset, thrown weapons should use the Dex modifier like Projectile weapons do for the "to hit" roll (but continue to use the Str modifier for damage on thrown weapons).

Moon Wizard
January 6th, 2015, 20:17
Xorn,

Are you talking about the 5E ruleset? Should the static (half rounded up) application be campaign-wide, or are you looking for both options on the character sheet?

I'm just concerned that this will confuse people, since it's not mentioned in rules as is basically house rule from what I can tell. Especially if there are multiple mechanisms to roll HD from character sheets (i.e. is player confusion and interface complexity worth feature gain?). Is this an official option somewhere?

Thanks,
JPG

VenomousFiligree
January 6th, 2015, 23:26
Noticed this a few times now. An effect clears on the initiative number rather than turn. ie if two players are on the same initiative and the second person on that initiative has an effect it will clear on the first persons turn.

Moon Wizard
January 8th, 2015, 01:07
Yes, that's expected behavior. It was a deliberate choice, otherwise, you have to deal with the situation where initiative for a creature changes (i.e. ready, delay) and how to handle effects that expire on their turn.

If it is important to an encounter, I will adjust initiatives so that they are unique for each PC and NPC group.

Regards,
JPG

Mistamichal
January 8th, 2015, 02:15
Any word on why the tracker isn't adding monsters' DEX modifiers to the initiative rolls?

Moon Wizard
January 8th, 2015, 19:37
Updates

[5E/PFRPG/3.5E] Decimal level values now truncated in class summaries.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Added precision damage type. If a DMG effect has the precision damage type, numerical modifiers in the effect will not be multiplied on a critical.
[PFRPG] The nonlethal damage type will be added to damage rolls less than or equal to zero that are adjusted to 1.
[PFRPG] Nonlethal damage in excess of maximum hit points will be converted to lethal damage. Any REGEN effect will bypass this.
Tooltips on access icons (public, shared) in campaign lists are missing. Fixed.
Crash or display issues when using delete/backspace to remove chat speaker from formatted text field chat text box. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] Script error when changing Show GM Rolls option after opening and closing table record. Fixed.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Damage rolls less than or equal to zero that are adjusted to 1 point of damage did not maintain damage type of damage roll. Fixed.
[5E] Initiative modifier not populated from Dexterity when adding NPCs to combat tracker. Fixed.
[5E] IFT effect component not working with ADVATK and DISATK effects. Fixed.
[CnC] Thrown weapons were incorrectly using Str instead of Dex for attack rolls on PC sheets. Fixed.
[DEV] Interface - Add getRuleset and getRulesetInfo functions
[DEV] User - Add getLicenseType function

JPG

Blackfoot
January 8th, 2015, 20:09
[PFRPG/3.5E] Added precision damage type. If a DMG effect has the precision damage type, numerical modifiers in the effect will not be multiplied on a critical.
[PFRPG] The nonlethal damage type will be added to damage rolls less than or equal to zero that are adjusted to 1.
[PFRPG] Nonlethal damage in excess of maximum hit points will be converted to lethal damage. Any REGEN effect will bypass this.Sweet!

Mistamichal
January 8th, 2015, 20:09
Great stuff!

dulux-oz
January 9th, 2015, 03:36
Updates

[5E/PFRPG/3.5E] Decimal level values now truncated in class summaries.
[PFRPG] Nonlethal damage in excess of maximum hit points will be converted to lethal damage. Any REGEN effect will bypass this.
Tooltips on access icons (public, shared) in campaign lists are missing. Fixed.
Crash or display issues when using delete/backspace to remove chat speaker from formatted text field chat text box. Fixed.
[CoreRPG+] Script error when changing Show GM Rolls option after opening and closing table record. Fixed.
[PFRPG/3.5E] Damage rolls less than or equal to zero that are adjusted to 1 point of damage did not maintain damage type of damage roll. Fixed.
[5E] Initiative modifier not populated from Dexterity when adding NPCs to combat tracker. Fixed.
[CnC] Thrown weapons were incorrectly using Str instead of Dex for attack rolls on PC sheets. Fixed.
[DEV] Interface - Add getRuleset and getRulesetInfo functions
[DEV] User - Add getLicenseType function

JPG

Oh Excellent!

Thanks Moon - those last two are going to allow me to do some really funcky stuff :)

Cheers

Moon Wizard
January 9th, 2015, 22:50
Updates

[CoreRPG+] Auto-generated library lists generated during module exports will now sort by name.
[DEV][CoreRPG+] Added referenceindexsorted window class for module library list exports.

JPG

Zacchaeus
January 11th, 2015, 17:44

Top Man, Moon Wizard!

HoloGnome
January 20th, 2015, 07:16
Looks good!

dulux-oz
January 21st, 2015, 07:32
Just had an update come through (07:30 UTC 21-Jan-15) - what was it, cause I can't see anything in the Patch Notes :)

Cheers

Edit: Ah, just saw the post from Moon re: 3.0.10 going live.

El Condoro
January 30th, 2015, 14:00
5E ruleset: when a weapon on the Actions tab is set as not proficient (star clicked off) attack rolls with that weapon are being made with disadvantage. The roll should be made without the proficiency bonus only.

spoofer
February 14th, 2015, 08:47
Hello,

As of the most recent update, spell casting seems to no longer function.

1. Player uses target mode to target monsters.
2. Clicks the save vs Dex. button in the action tab.
3. Previously, the targeted monsters would now make a saving throw. Now we get this:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_save.lua"]:221: attempt to call field 'setDamageState' (a nil value)

Help please!

Andraax
February 14th, 2015, 15:00

What ruleset?

Trenloe
February 14th, 2015, 18:02
Hello,

1. Player uses target mode to target monsters.
2. Clicks the save vs Dex. button in the action tab.
3. Previously, the targeted monsters would now make a saving throw. Now we get this:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_save.lua"]:221: attempt to call field 'setDamageState' (a nil value)

Help please!
A quick search of the forums for "setDamageState" reveals that this issue has been encountered recently and was caused by an extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?23151-Manager_action_save-busted-after-update-for-5e

Rule #1 - when you update FG to a new version and you suddenly start getting errors, look at the extensions you're running. :)

spoofer
February 14th, 2015, 22:43
Thank you. That was indeed the problem. It was the 5e extension for alternate wound colours.

K.

Trenloe
February 15th, 2015, 04:03
Thank you. That was indeed the problem. It was the 5e extension for alternate wound colours.
If you haven't already, download the extension updated for FG v3.0.10: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21555-5E-Alternate-Wound-Colors-Extension