PDA

View Full Version : Release v3.0.9

Moon Wizard
November 11th, 2014, 17:39
Fantasy Grounds v3.0.9 is now available via the FG updater or via the FG installer on the Downloads page.

This release is primarily focused on fixes and minor enhancements.

It you want the details, a comprehensive list of patch notes is available here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/patchnotes.html)

Cheers,
JPG

Nickademus
November 17th, 2014, 16:08
I updated to 3.0.9 on the 11th and now I'm showing another update available. Is this a patch to 3.0.9 or an update for something else? I see no other update listings in this forum. Since FG has no version control I do not wish to update until my GM/players do and don't wish to update for a ruleset I don't use (as it puts a bunch of default files back that I've removed/changed).

If it is not a 3.0.9 update hotfix, it would be nice to be able to unflag the Update button so it isn't red all the time.

Nylanfs
November 17th, 2014, 16:43
Maybe a ruleset update or extension?

Moon Wizard
November 17th, 2014, 22:05
We have also been adding new products to the updater as we migrate them to availability on Steam. Additionally, the testing for the next version of the Savage Worlds ruleset moved into beta mode in the Test slot. Probably one of those two.

Regards,
JPG

Nickademus
November 17th, 2014, 23:50
Any chance at updating the laucher so we can turn the red button off?

Moon Wizard
November 18th, 2014, 00:40
It should turn off as soon as a full update process completes.
JPG

Phystus
November 18th, 2014, 01:34
Is there a list anywhere of which files are changed in an update? It would be nice for extension writers. I seem to recall that being done for awhile, but I can't find the list for 3.09.

Thanks,

~P

dulux-oz
November 18th, 2014, 04:10
Is there a list anywhere of which files are changed in an update? It would be nice for extension writers. I seem to recall that being done for awhile, but I can't find the list for 3.09.

Thanks,

~P

I simply run through (ie study) the Patch List document (in detail) - I know my own code well enough that I can tell from that if anything's been changed :)

Cheers

Nickademus
November 18th, 2014, 04:13
I don't think I'm communicating properly. If I don't know what is being pushed in an update, I don't want to update. And thus the process won't complete therefore the red button doesn't turn off ever.

I would like to change that. Or I would like information on what is being updated like Phystus said.

JohnD
November 18th, 2014, 04:14
Could it be those new tokens mentioned over on Steam? I ran the update and that's what I got.

Trenloe
November 26th, 2014, 04:34
I simply run through (ie study) the Patch List document (in detail) - I know my own code well enough that I can tell from that if anything's been changed :)
In my extensions I include an original, unmodified copy of each script/xml file I modify. When new rulesets come out I do a file compare between the new file and the original, unmodified file from the extension - if there are differences between the two files it will let you know if you need to update your extension. This is the only way to be 100% sure if there has/hasn't been any changes to the code that the extension uses in a new ruleset release.

dulux-oz
November 26th, 2014, 08:12
In my extensions I include an original, unmodified copy of each script/xml file I modify. When new rulesets come out I do a file compare between the new file and the original, unmodified file from the extension - if there are differences between the two files it will let you know if you need to update your extension. This is the only way to be 100% sure if there has/hasn't been any changes to the code that the extension uses in a new ruleset release.

Yeah, I do that too, but that's "Phase 2" which is only done if "Phase 1" says I should or if someone complains (and to date any complaints have turned out to be attributable to other people's code, not mine :) ).

Good tip, Tren

Cheers

Ikael
November 26th, 2014, 14:19
Yeah, I do that too, but that's "Phase 2" which is only done if "Phase 1" says I should or if someone complains (and to date any complaints have turned out to be attributable to other people's code, not mine :) ).

Good tip, Tren

Cheers

I have experienced that not all changes are recorded into changelog only those that really fix/change something, however those "undocumented" might cause issues in derived rulesets or in extensions. Personally I am storing all different versions of CoreRPG as is in my dev machine and when new version pops up I make diff by comparing all files to learn what has really changed. This also keeps me updated to how CoreRPG is developed and what is recommend way. Diffing is easy if you use right tools. I recommend it to be one step ahead of an error

Nickademus
November 26th, 2014, 14:38
What tools do you recommend Ikael?

dulux-oz
November 26th, 2014, 14:39
What tools do you recommend Ikael?

Winmerge is a good one for this - funnily enough, that's my "Phase 3" :)

Cheers

Ikael
November 26th, 2014, 14:48
I use kdiff3 to do all file scan/diff. You can also use this tool to do 3-way diff if needed. In addition to that I use wingrep to find what I want

Nickademus
November 26th, 2014, 15:00
Thank you both kindly.

Moon Wizard
November 26th, 2014, 21:45
I use CSDiff on my machine. I often need to compare changes between versions as well, in order to track down certain issues. Also, it's good for generating release notes.

Regards,
JPG