PDA

View Full Version : Add Item from ITEMS to character sheet

plastictotoro
November 9th, 2014, 22:05
Hi,

how can an item from the items list added to a itentory of a character?

drag & drop was tested.

best regards
plastictotoro

damned
November 10th, 2014, 05:01
Many older rulesets do not support drag and drop... maybe RMC is one of these...?

plastictotoro
November 10th, 2014, 05:23
Many older rulesets do not support drag and drop... maybe RMC is one of these...?

But if drag & drop is not possible, how the magic item can be transferred to character sheet?

damned
November 10th, 2014, 05:27
do magic items go in the Inventory with other items? if so then it should work. where are you dragging items from?

Dakadin
November 10th, 2014, 06:36
The RMC ruleset is one of the older ones and unfortunately the items were divided up into different types so it causes problems. The campaign items that the GM uses are a different type than the ones on the character sheet. This is unfortunate since it makes them only useful for notes.

They way I get around it is to create a character that I will use to store items I need. If you connect to your campaign using localhost you can select the character so it isn't visible to the PCs when they login. Then just add the items you need to the character sheet. When you need to distribute them, drag the item to the PC.

I plan on fixing this if I can find more time to work on it. Life's been a bit crazy though.

plastictotoro
November 10th, 2014, 18:12
Thanks for the answer.
I tried a similar way, but a new Item created within the character sheet, is a default weapon.
In this case I will use items from the character law, this item I will modify as the magic item.

thanks for the answer
:-) plastictotoro

Dakadin
November 10th, 2014, 19:16
Yeah the default weapon is actually the most complete version of the different items. It is used on the inventory list and Combat tab weapon list. That is definitely your best choice. The other 2 types of items on the character sheet are the mounts and herbs.

plastictotoro
November 10th, 2014, 20:39

I found a work around for my problem.

Work around found :o
1. create a temp character
2. drag & drop the item from the equipment list to this character
3. edit the item
4. drag&drop this item in the description of the magic item
5. drag&drop it from here to the target character

I added a picture for the work around (may be a little confuse, because, all steps in one picture)

Dakadin
November 10th, 2014, 20:46
Great job! That is exactly how I do it. The one thing you will want to do is start another session of FG and join your game so you can select the temp character. Otherwise your players can select it and see the items that you've created.

Ardem
November 20th, 2014, 02:45
One thing I wish if you could add your magic bonus to the item, that get applied to the Character OB

Rather then either the item bonus, on the skill sheet or modifying the OB on the combat character sheet.

Why... say you have two shortsword one is +10 and the other is not, the skill bonus is applied again the shortsword skill. An extra field in the item atht gets applied to the OB in combat would fix that.

Dakadin
November 20th, 2014, 06:41
Agreed. That is definitely what I want to accomplish with the item changes.

Dark Mullisha
November 27th, 2014, 02:27
Plastictotoro method works well, you can also do it with skills

plastictotoro
December 13th, 2014, 14:10
Hi,

There beside adding the bonus of item to skill there is an other possibilty.
You can added the item bonus to the AT modifications on the second tab of the weapon item chart.
Then the bonus is added directly to the attack roll.
Please Do not forget to add the bonus to all AT classes.

Sorry for the late answer.