PDA

View Full Version : encounter questions

noirfatale
November 7th, 2014, 19:09
I am setting up an encounter for my first Fantasy Ground SW game.

I create a new encounter, I add my npc and associate token with them.

I open a map, put tokens on the map and they appear once I put them on the combat tracker in visible mode.

so far so good.

Q1: is there a way to associate a map with a encounter? so I click an encounter and the correct map will pop up?

Q2: Is there a way to put notes with an encounter? that way when I activate the encounter I can see if I got some notes about the encounter? an extra tab maybe?

thanks!

Andraax
November 7th, 2014, 19:35
I usually pin the encounter to the map. This way you open the map, click on the pin, and you're ready to go. Or I'll pin a story entry to the map, and link the encounter to the story entry. This way, everything can be run from the map.

noirfatale
November 7th, 2014, 21:19

I try to drag the encounter pin on my map but noting happen.

Trenloe
November 7th, 2014, 21:33
You need to enable the shortcut layer first. See the "Pins" section here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Images#Pins

noirfatale
November 7th, 2014, 21:38
AWESOME! thanks!

Andraax
November 7th, 2014, 23:26
Or, hold the Ctrl key down while dragging if you don't have the shortcuts layer turned on. Holding the Ctrl key down will also show the pins on a map when the shortcuts layer is not on. If you have a map with lots of pins (some of my city maps have dozens of - or over a hundred - pins) it's better to leave shortcuts off and just use the Ctrl key to make them show up when you need them.

noirfatale
November 8th, 2014, 04:06
the CTRL seems to be THE key to several of my problems! lol

Found out that I can change the size of a token individually by pressing CTRL and using the mouse wheel...

is there a list of all the hotkey somewere? a page on the wiki were all the things you can do with CTRL, SHIFT, ALT?

all you get is how to create new hotkey... but nothing on CTRL, SHIFT, ALT fonctions...

Moon Wizard
November 8th, 2014, 16:55
The usage of modifier keys is usually peppered through the wiki pages where they are used. No central page for all modifier key usage across all features.

Regards,
JPG

damned
November 9th, 2014, 10:39
but it could be a nice little project for someone to collect and submit as a page for the Wiki?

Moon Wizard
November 11th, 2014, 17:48
Sure, who wants the fun? ;)

JPG

damned
November 11th, 2014, 22:47
I was thinking noirfatale might like to! Ahhh welll... worth a shot :)