PDA

View Full Version : Assigning Speaker IDs and the Fabulous Assigned Speaker in Story and Notes

d1wright
November 7th, 2014, 16:48
I've been putting together a PFS module and preparing the Story text and realized how easy it would be to accidentally forget to change the Speaker ID while running the game.

I came up with a few ideas that I thought would make it a little easier to avoid speaking with the wrong speaker ID assigned.

One would allow the "/id" command further functionality so that text would be executed after switching the speaker ID.

/id (Barbarian Princess) /m shouting I shall crush you all unless you appease me with pretty things!

https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=89022

The other idea is to allow the Chat Frame of the Story and Notes to use descriptors such as Emotes, Actions, and Moods.

Currently, you can double click on a chat bubble in a Story or Note so that the text is assigned a speaker ID and immediately displayed in the Chat Window. However, it won't apply any Actions, Moods, or Emotes that you may have tried to incorporate.

It would be nice if you could use these descriptors in prepared Chat Frames.

Currently if you try it, the Chat Window would show something like this:

Guy in Red Shirt: /m (flailing around on the ground in pain) ArrghhH!

https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=89023

Andraax
November 7th, 2014, 18:09
Don't know about PFS - Isn't the ability to supply a speaker in all the CoreRPG rulesets? When in the chat text box, hit Ctrl-Tab and it will allow you to set the speaker for that box.

Andraax
November 7th, 2014, 18:16
Sample from CoreRPG:

d1wright
November 7th, 2014, 18:24
Yes, this ctrl-tab (as well as a right click option) is available in the current v3.08 but it doesn't allow for descriptors such as mood, action, and emote to be used in the chat frame you're creating.

Also, you can't drag one of these speaker assigned chat bubbles into a hotkey and preserve the speaker.

The first proposal above would allow speaker assigned text as hotkeys. Because you never know when you'll need the villains catch phrase and it's embarrassing when it's accidentally spouted by the cleaning lady you just spoke with.

Runion the great and powerful leaps down from the cliff above and towers before you!

Cleaning lady: Now feel the wrath of Runion!

GM: !@#%$

Runion: Now feel the wrath of Runion!

seycyrus
November 7th, 2014, 21:02
I've had this problem before with hilarious results.

Giant Frog: You don't hear anything unusual from the shadows.