PDA

View Full Version : Looking for players for a new Pathfinder game

Tsuru
November 7th, 2014, 01:31
I am helping to recruit some players for a new Pathfinder game with a friend of mine and a DM.

The initial plan is for the game to start next Wed. 11/12/2014 either mid afternoon or evening on USA Mountain Time (according to the DM's timezone).

If we don't get enough players before that time, the plan is to start the game on the following Wed. 11/19/2014.

Currently we have:

DM
1) Half-Elf Ranger
2) Kitsune Magus

We would want at least 4 or 5 players total, with no more than 6 players.

I don't know which campaign we will being doing yet, but it will either be a DLC campaign or homebrew.

If you are interested please leave a reply in this thread, also preferably with times of the day that work best for you so we can nail down a start time that is best for everyone joining.

I have played a short campaign with the DM before and he is very good, I highly recommend him.

Ideally, it would be best if those interested would reply to the Fantasy Grounds Steam forums post at this link (as I am on Steam more than this forum): https://steamcommunity.com/app/252690/discussions/0/620696522074130610/

Tymire
November 7th, 2014, 02:40
Would be interested here. Have more than a few idea floating around that could go for and don't mind filling in if needed. Main thing is would like to find more info about area and what we are playing as typically like to tie into the setting with characters.

Wed is fine day wise, but would have to do evenings not afternoons.

Dr_Babylon
November 7th, 2014, 03:56
I don't have a Steam ID just yet but I would sure like to know if this project will utilize voice- or text-based communication. Which is your group's preference?

Tsuru
November 7th, 2014, 05:09
Oh yes, last game we used voice chat, using the Fantasy Grounds Teamspeak server, most everyone used voice chat and it is preferred for people to use it, although not required.

Also it is preferred if people have a Steam ID simply for the fact it makes organizing and communicating better until we actually start the game, at which point we will use the teamspeak and in-game text chat.

Dr_Babylon
November 7th, 2014, 07:15
I thank you for your informative and speedy response. You should attract a respectable following in due time. In my experience, you could sure do a lot worse than Tymire. He's good people.

Marswipp
November 7th, 2014, 23:52
One thing I didn't think to ask through the sister thread: Will the focus be more RP or combat? (It could affect my character choice.)

Tsuru
November 8th, 2014, 03:57
From our last campaign, I would say both play a role, but more focus on combat.

DriftingRonin
November 8th, 2014, 19:23
I am interested in playing and posted my interest on Steam as well.

Marswipp
November 8th, 2014, 23:34
So.. When will the DM contact the interested parties?

Tsuru
November 9th, 2014, 05:59
UPDATE: I apologize to everyone but the DM looked at his work schedule wrong thus we had to change the day and date the game will be.

Game time is now schedule for Monday, Nov. 17th at 1 PM USA Mountain Time.

Still don't know which exact campaign we will be doing, but the DM said any alignment is okay, in case anyone was wondering about that in particular for character creation.

Due to the change and now with a definite set time, it would be helpful to get a response from anyone that is either still able to play or since the day has changed maybe some people that couldn't play before can now.

DriftingRonin
November 9th, 2014, 07:58
I am still able to play on Monday.

Tymire
November 9th, 2014, 15:35
Monday works here

Marswipp
November 9th, 2014, 16:42
Monday afternoon works.

Knowing beforehand if the setting is Golarion or not could affect things like alignment and template selection.

scytale2
November 10th, 2014, 15:58
I'd like to play on a Monday, though it seems you have a full complement!

fyrebug
November 10th, 2014, 16:51
I would definitely be interested in starting a campaign. Time and day work well with me. I will post interest on the steam community also. Would like to play some kind of caster.

Tsuru
November 11th, 2014, 00:17
I'd like to play on a Monday, though it seems you have a full complement!

Yes, we have reached our goal of 6 party members, however, if you are interested we can put you down as an "alt" slot should someone drop out or not show, or whatever.

scytale2
November 16th, 2014, 19:07
Yes, please let me know, if an alternative slot comes up.

Tsuru
November 17th, 2014, 16:45
Yes, please let me know, if an alternative slot comes up.

You should make a response on the Fantasy Grounds Steam Discussions thread so I know who you are on Steam and can add you on there.