PDA

View Full Version : Can you export created personalities?

Disturbedone0777
November 6th, 2014, 15:41
Hi, is there anyway in the program to export a file of the monsters/personalities that you've created? I work between two computers and have had issues just simply copying the campaign folder to a flash drive and over-writing it on the C: drive each time I do something on the opposite computer. So I'm looking for a way to export my personalities to a file to be imported back into another campaign. I was hoping there was a way to create the modules that come preloaded with the game. I'm doing a bit of searching for module creation but can't seem to find anything were people aren't just talking about writing adventure modules.

Any help or direction would be appreciated :)

Andraax
November 6th, 2014, 15:45
Try "/export" in the chat box.

Trenloe
November 6th, 2014, 15:45
Information on exporting campaign to a module is available in the Wiki here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library#Module_Export

Then you'd just need to transfer the module file to the other computer. If you want to modify the module entries in a new campaign you can drag them from the library to the campaign list and these will create copies in the campaign data which you can modify as needed.

Disturbedone0777
November 6th, 2014, 15:50
Thank you for both of your quick replies. I am going to try that now.

Nylanfs
November 6th, 2014, 17:16
Umm, do bad you can't point your folders at a Dropbox or a Drive folder.

Trenloe
November 6th, 2014, 17:43
Umm, do bad you can't point your folders at a Dropbox or a Drive folder.
Yeah, just to make sure forum users are aware: don't put your FG App directory on Dropbox or Drive or anything else that does synching via the cloud, as sooner or later you will have issues with data not synching correctly or even FG not operating correctly - there have been a number of issues reported on the forums that turned out to be caused by using a cloud synch solution for FG files.

Griogre
November 6th, 2014, 17:50
Hmm. Since you brought it up. Some people have - and it should mostly work during prep time. Where data seems to get corrupt is if someone tries to use it during a real game. FG simply doesn't expect lag during file i/o so db.xml files apparently have been corrupted by at least one or two GM's who tried this.

Edit: Ninja'd by Trenloe.

Disturbedone0777
January 9th, 2015, 15:16
Yeah when I first started using the program I tried running it out of a drop box drive so that I could get work done on the campaign at any one of my computers at various offices and such. I did run into corruption errors and quickly went to working off of modules on a flash drive keeping one "Home computer" that I play on when I'm running. I usually verify all of my files a few days before game to make sure there isn't a sudden surprise come game time :P

Thanks again guys for the help. Now that's it's been a few months that I've gotten to play, this program has been amazing. Might even consider coming to the convention to meet the dev's and hardcore fans!

damned
January 9th, 2015, 22:41
whats to consider? come along - run one of your adventures - or a scaled down version of it - and play is some games too!