PDA

View Full Version : Question about Class/Cross Class Skills

DMFirmy
November 5th, 2014, 00:55
I have been experimenting with character creation using the 3.5E ruleset, and I have come across a question concerning how Class/Cross Class skill points get spent. For this example you will need to create a character with multiple classes, such as a Fighter/Wizard. Let's suppose I took Fighter at level 1 and Wizard at level 2. For the Fighter, the Climb skill is considered a class skill, so I can invest 1 point to gain 1 rank in Climb. When spending my skill points at level 2, I would be spending the points as a Wizard, and since Climb is not a class skill for the Wizard each rank would instead cost me 2 skill points. Is there any way to accurately represent this with Fantasy Grounds? As far as I can determine, marking the checkbox to denote a class skill makes FG consider that skill a class skill for all classes, and there isn't any way to differentiate between which skills should be class skills for which class. If this functionality does exist, how do I utilize it? If not, how do I add this as a suggested feature? Thanks in advance.

Moon Wizard
November 5th, 2014, 02:17
You can add to the wish list in my sig.

Cheers,
JPG