PDA

View Full Version : Bleeding hollow module

Obarskyr
November 3rd, 2014, 19:14
I bought the Bleeding hollow module today. Installed it and it appears in my module folder (as Banewarren for example).

If i try to activate the module (Library / modules) it does not appear on the screen (Banewarrens does for example).

Any help would be appreciated where (possibly my) the error is located... :bandit:

Kind regards
Oba

Trenloe
November 3rd, 2014, 19:27
Is your campaign for the PFRPG or the 3.5E ruleset? The Bleeding Hollow module requires the PFRPG ruleset.

Obarskyr
November 3rd, 2014, 19:31
Yeah just found that out too... it is 3.5E ruleset.

Just wondering what that means (from the shop) - to my understanding 3.5E or Pathfinder.
Requirements: A Full or Ultimate license of Fantasy Grounds and the 3.5E/Pathfinder (or compatible) ruleset which is built in for Fantasy Grounds.

Is there a possibility to export it to 3.5E Campaigns ?

Trenloe
November 4th, 2014, 02:58
You can manually modify the module to be able to be used in a 3.5e campaign - you may have the odd bit of data missing in the NPC entries as there are slightly different fields between the PFRPG and 3.5e ruleset, but this should be a major issue - the main ones are the grapple bonus and the creature alignment.

To edit the module you need to do the following:

Find TPKADV003FG2_PFRPGBleedingHollow.mod in your <FG App Data>\modules folder, make a copy of this somewhere safe (just in case).
Copy the file and rename to TPKADV003FG2_PFRPGBleedingHollow.zip.
Unzip the file to a temporary directory - with the name TPKADV003FG2_PFRPGBleedingHollow.
Open definition.xml in a text editor (notepad is fine).
Change the <ruleset>PFRPG</ruleset> entry to <ruleset>3.5E</ruleset> Note the capital E. Don't change anything else.
Save the modified definition.xml file.
Zip the module by selecting all of the tiles within the temporary directory you unzipped the original files to in step #3. Don't zip up from outside of the directory as this will result in FG not recognising the module. You should now have a file called TPKADV003FG2_PFRPGBleedingHollow.zip.
Rename the .zip file to TPKADV003FG2_PFRPGBleedingHollow.mod and copy to your <FG App Data>\modules folder - overwriting the file already there.
Start or Restart FG and launch your 3.5E campaign - you should now see the module in the module activation screen, it's called "PFRPG The Bleeding Hollow".

Obarskyr
November 4th, 2014, 06:21
Thank you so much, that worked just fine :-)

But i think there is something not working as intended ;)

Trenloe
November 4th, 2014, 14:08
Thank you so much, that worked just fine :-)

But i think there is something not working as intended ;)
I think the confusion is that the product page lists 3.5E/Pathfinder as the ruleset. This module was released around the time that these two rulesets were split into 2 separate rulesets - previously Pathfinder was an option within the 3.5E ruleset - but no longer.

The Bleeding Hollow is specifically a Pathfinder scenario, and it was been created with just the PFRPG ruleset.

ddavison
November 4th, 2014, 18:56
This should be fixed now. I marked it as compatible with both PFRPG and 3.5E.