PDA

View Full Version : Under a year experience in RPG looking for a group

Ellspeth
November 2nd, 2014, 00:16
I have been playing RPG’s for less than a year, entirely on Fantasy Grounds. I have played Savage World, BRP, CofC, Mutant and Masterminds rulesets, and just starting to learn Pathfinder and D&D 5e. The group I was playing with couldn’t continue, but I have discovered I have an absolute passion for the games, and would like to find a new group or groups that would give a newcomer a chance. I live in EST, and either evening games after 8 or 9 in my zone, or early games on weekdays, roughly 9-1 my time. I have noticed not many women are playing, so if you don’t mind adding a female to your group contact me and let me know what you have running, if I understand it I can usually play it. (Also during the year I played I never missed a session I signed on for without notice, and for a while I was playing 4-5 different games each week). I look forward to hearing from you and maybe making some new friends.

damned
November 2nd, 2014, 01:01
Welcome Ellspeth. I dont think many people mind having female gamers at all - most would enjoy a mixed group.
Try this link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22335-Female-player-wanted-for-existing-savage-Dragonlance-game
and also this one: https://extraordinarygamers.com/
Players who can commit and be regularly available are always welcome :)

Valarian
November 2nd, 2014, 08:43
As damned says, players who commit to the game are the important factor, male or female doesn't matter. I would offer the Star Wars game I'm starting up today, but the times are incompatible with the times given in you post. We'll be playing Sunday evenings , 8pm to 11pm, UK time which equates to the afternoon for you.

thorun09
November 2nd, 2014, 10:40
Are you interested in Sunday mornings, several of our players are from EST (Michigan, and Indy)

Andraax
November 2nd, 2014, 13:37
I run a Sunday evening Castles and Crusades game (7-10pm US/Central) - this works out to 8-11pm your time zone. I've got a player that dropped out who was playing a rogue, you could pick this character up for a few sessions to see if you like the game & group.

Ellspeth
November 2nd, 2014, 14:45
Andraax I have never played that particular game but I am a quick learner. The time is excellent for me, and I don't mind in the least stepping in to play out characters others have created, I still have a lot to learn about character creation in all of the rulesets, tonight is too short of notice if you have a session this Sunday, I would be happy to give it a try on your next session. I will also take the time to look up as much info on Castles and Crusades as I can find before then.

Andraax
November 2nd, 2014, 14:49
C&C Quick Start rules: https://www.trolllord.com/downloads/pdfs/cnc_qs.pdf

We use EpicWords to schedule our sessions: https://www.epicwords.com/Everlance/

Ellspeth
November 2nd, 2014, 15:42
Thanks andraax, I pulled the PDF to read through, and I bookmarked the latter link. The only thing I didn't see was the date of the next session after tonight, if you have one tonight. Also you said you have a rogue I could step into so the character info would help me understand the game better. One thing I love about RPG is how much you learn about all aspects just in doing character creation.

Andraax
November 2nd, 2014, 15:51
You have to request to become a member of the campaign before you can see the full calendar. This is a weekly game (mostly). If enough people say they can make a session, we play. And if you can let me know a few time slots where you can log into the server to look over the character, I can usually have the server up.

Ellspeth
November 2nd, 2014, 16:11
Okay, well I am certain I can commit to every sunday evening beginning on the 9th. I have the material, I did skim a bit of info on rogues in general, sounds like fun. I will get back to you on times I can check out the character. Thanks so much.

Ellspeth
November 2nd, 2014, 16:45
Thorun, in a few months Sunday mornings would be good for me if they have something starting then. Right now there is a lot of activity around me that is very distracting, and I like to focus on the game. Also there is some weird law against my tying them all up and throwing them in a closet so I can have quiet for a few hours.

Ellspeth
November 2nd, 2014, 16:53
///

JohnD
November 4th, 2014, 03:47
Hi Ellspeth. I have a Friday evening game, roughly 7 or 8 PM to 11 PM Central.

We use the Castles & Crusades rules... could use an extra player. If you're interested feel free to PM me.

thorun09
November 5th, 2014, 01:27
No worries here. Enjoy the evening game as that is why we are all here to enjoy our games with friends of old and new.