PDA

View Full Version : 13th Age rule set released (Beta)

lokiare
October 31st, 2014, 15:09
We've decided to release the beta without the library (as its still a work in progress and we are hashing out the legalities).

So here it is as an attachment. To install the rule set simply drop the .pak file into your fantasy grounds "ruleset" folder, restart fantasy grounds, and then create a new 13th Age campaign.

Things to note:
*Drag one dice for your recoveries into the dice slot, the rule set rolls a number of those dice equal to your level.
*critical damage is doubled on the second line so it looks like you rolled normal damage, but the second line will show twice as much damage.
*This is a beta, you may encounter bugs, inaccuracies, or strange words that show up in the chat window (debug data).
*To use a background first click the ability score button that you and your DM have decided is appropriate then roll the check.
*Incremental advances are check boxes that are only for you to remember which advances you've made, they don't keep track of changes to your sheet.
*On the icons tab of the party sheet the DM can roll the icon check for all party members and it remembers them there, however if a party member rolls it will overwrite this value.
*Most of the features of 13th Age have been built in. Things like ongoing damage stacking, the overcoming magic resistance, etc...etc... and most of them are automatic.
*If you put "recharge 11" into a powers top left box it will roll to recharge automatically on a quick rest.

Please send any donations through Paypal to [email protected] if you enjoyed the efforts and the ease of use. The amount of donations I receive will directly be proportional to the amount of further work I do on the rule set. Please note that the rule set is based on Smiteworks 4E ruleset and therefore any part of it that is original is copyright Smiteworks. Any changes are copyright to me. Please don't steal or plagiarize without asking.

If you direct questions to this thread I'll try to answer them at least once per day. Thank you for your patience and your time.

damned
October 31st, 2014, 21:45
Well done lokiare!

morgurth
November 2nd, 2014, 00:18
Nice. I'll definitely check it out.

tomjscott
January 29th, 2015, 00:38
Glad I found this. I'll definitely check this out and see how it works.

tomjscott
January 29th, 2015, 01:38
I gave this a try and it gives the following errors after clicking the Start button:

Script Error: [string "desktop/scripts/desktop.lua"]:9: attempt to index global 'ChatManager' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:7: attempt to index global 'ItemManager' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_power_recharge.lua"]:10: attempt to index global 'ActionsManager' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_icons.lua"]:10: attempt to index global 'ActionsManager' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "ps/scripts/manager_ps2.lua"]:9: attempt to index global 'Debug' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_effect.lua"]:14: attempt to index global 'OOBManager' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_token2.lua"]:15: attempt to call field 'addHandler' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_version2.lua"]:56: attempt to call field 'getRulesetVersion' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_ability.lua"]:7: attempt to index global 'ActionsManager' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_attack.lua"]:11: attempt to index global 'OOBManager' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:12: attempt to index global 'OOBManager' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_effect.lua"]:22: attempt to index global 'ActionsManager' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_heal.lua"]:7: attempt to index global 'ActionsManager' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_init.lua"]:9: attempt to index global 'OOBManager' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_recharge.lua"]:7: attempt to index global 'ActionsManager' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_save.lua"]:7: attempt to index global 'ActionsManager' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_skill.lua"]:7: attempt to index global 'ActionsManager' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_combat.lua"]:14: attempt to index global 'OOBManager' (a nil value)

Trenloe
January 29th, 2015, 01:47
I gave this a try and it gives the following errors after clicking the Start button:
Sounds like you don't have a valid/correct CoreRPG ruleset installed (this ruleset is layered on top of CoreRPG). As a test, start a new CoreRPG campaign and see if that works OK - check the version listed in the chat window when it loads up, it should read: "CoreRPG v3.0.10 ruleset for Fantasy Grounds."

If it is not 3.0.10 or if you get errors, delete CoreRPG.pak from your <FG App Data>\rulesets folder and re-run an update to download an up-to-date and uncorrupted CoreRPG.pak ruleset.

tomjscott
January 29th, 2015, 02:58
I don't have a CoreRPG.pak at all. I haven't used this program in a while so maybe it's out of date. I tried clicking the Check for Updates button though and it just gives me an error as follows:

Getting package listing
Error!

My version of Fantasy Grounds is 2.7.4.

tomjscott
January 29th, 2015, 03:01
I got it. I ran the web installer again and it updated my software and now it doesn't crash. Thanks.

Trenloe
January 29th, 2015, 03:06
I got it. I ran the web installer again and it updated my software and now it doesn't crash. Thanks.
You'll notice quite a few changes in Fantasy Grounds from your v2.7.4 version - that's about 4 years old!

tomjscott
January 31st, 2015, 18:10
I'm just starting to put together a short introductory adventure for 13th age using the beta rules set. The first issue I'm having is when I open up the Story item, I'm getting the following errors:

Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (rightanchor) in windowclass (encounter)
Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (name) in windowclass (encounter)
Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (rightanchor) in windowclass (encounter)
Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (name) in windowclass (encounter)

It doesn't seem to cause a serious problem as I'm able to continue and add story elements without crashing, but I thought I'd let you know.

tomjscott
January 31st, 2015, 21:39
I'm entering a character to see how that works and I see an error in initiative calculation. The initiative is currently being calculated as simply DEX modifier, but it should be DEX Mod + Level. So, it should be +1 even with a 0 DEX mod, but it's showing up as zero.

EDIT: Nevermind. I forgot to enter the level and it was set to zero level. It works fine.

tomjscott
January 31st, 2015, 22:43
I'm still very new to FG2 so this is a beginner question most likely, but how can I have a monster's attack roll automatically roll against the target defense? In the NPC stats, I entered a Skill such as follows:

Spear +8 vs. AC - 6 damage

When I drag the skill out, it automatically rolls +8 attack on d20, but it simply says [SKILL] Spear (vs. DC 15). The roll shows the +8 attack so no issues there, but even though I have a target selected for the monster, it doesn't seem to figure into the equation at all. Am I entering the Skill information properly?

damned
January 31st, 2015, 23:04
lokiare1 hasnt logged on in about 2 weeks - he might need to answer some of your specific questions...

damned
January 31st, 2015, 23:17
Do you have Enable Debug Mode turned on in your settings?
That might or might not help - Warnings wont get displayed with this setting off but errors might still display...
If so try turning it off. It looks like a CoreRPG update has broken something in this ruleset...

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/fg-con-6-150-12.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

tomjscott
January 31st, 2015, 23:28
I'm a little closer. I realized I need to create a power, not a skill. So, I've added a power such as:

Spear +8 vs. AC; Hit: 6 damage

And set it as Basic Melee. But now, it doesn't even roll dice. When I drag the power to the game window, it just puts the following in the chat window:

So, it basically parrots what the power says, but doesn't roll dice or anything. I can't find anywhere on the web where it says how to do this.

tomjscott
January 31st, 2015, 23:30
That might or might not help - Warnings wont get displayed with this setting off but errors might still display...
If so try turning it off. It looks like a CoreRPG update has broken something in this ruleset...

Nope. debug mode is turned off.

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2015, 15:21
Debug mode doesn't control whether warnings get displayed in the console or not. It used to write the console output to the console.log file in the <FG App Data> directory. It doesn't seem to even control that anymore - the console output gets written to console.log no matter what Enable Debug Mode is set to.

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2015, 15:37
And set it as Basic Melee. But now, it doesn't even roll dice. When I drag the power to the game window, it just puts the following in the chat window:

Open the power and double-click on the +8 vs. AC section of the text (you'll see it gets highlighted as you hover over it).

Do the same for applying damage (double-click on the "6 damage" section of the text).

tomjscott
February 2nd, 2015, 22:24
Open the power and double-click on the +8 vs. AC section of the text (you'll see it gets highlighted as you hover over it).

Do the same for applying damage (double-click on the "6 damage" section of the text).

I'm sure this is easy once I get it properly set up and understand the nuances, but I still don't get it. Being a complete beginner, I'm simply trying to follow your instructions to the letter and what I see doesn't match what you say. For example, you say to "Open the power", but this really doesn't mean anything to me. I can see the power listed in the combat tracker under the monster's entry, but when I hover over it, it highlights the entire entry, not just the Spear +8 vs. AC part. Double clicking it there simply gives me the following:

[WARNING] Unable to locate power. (Spear +8 vs AC Hit 6 damage).

One thing that seems very strange is that the power in the NPC actually shows up under Powers with a sub-heading of Traits. I think I could benefit from some detailed step-by-step instructions on entering the NPC powers correctly. I am obviously still doing something wrong.

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2015, 23:12
Don't try and roll a PC power from the combat tracker - the system is no designed to do it that way. Open up the character sheet and go to the powers tab. Click the red dragon link to the right of the power to open the power that you have created. Then you should be able to see what I mentioned above.

If you're just adding a base weapon attack, then add a weapon onto the bottom section of the "Combat" tab. Although the damage entry doesn't seem to work if you use dice (you usually drag dice to the damage section and can double-click to roll) - but you can enter a static damage value. Does 13th Age use dice based damage or just static?

Here's an example of your spear entered as a weapon in the combat tab:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/Fantasy%20Grounds/13th%20Age%20Weapon.jpg

#1 - double click the black dice to the right of the Atk label to roll your attack - targeting is taken into account.

#2 - double-click the empty dice container to the of the Dmg label to apply damage - targeting is taken into account.

tomjscott
February 2nd, 2015, 23:49
I'm doing this with an NPC, not a PC so the screens are completely different. 13th Age is static damage for monsters and mostly diced damage for PCs, although they can opt to average the results and not roll dice at all.

Trenloe
February 2nd, 2015, 23:55
Put the text Spear +8 vs. AV; Hit: 6 damage in the description of the power (your first screenshot) not in the title - just call it "Spear" or something in the title. Then this will allow you to roll from the power or from the combat tracker for an NPC (remember to remove the NPC and re-add it to the combat tracker once you've made the changes to the power).

tomjscott
February 3rd, 2015, 00:09
Thanks. That finally works. I'm able to dbl-click the attack in the combat tracker and it rolls against the PC target I've selected. Then I can dbl click the damage to apply it.

As a side note since this is Beta. You should changed the term Bloodied to Staggered. Great job on the rule set so far.

primarch
February 6th, 2015, 01:58
Hi!

I am the person whom originally commissioned Lokaire1 to make the 13th age ruleset. Due to health concerns Lokaire may be unavailable for some time.

I am looking for someone to tinker with the ruleset and fix some bugs and perhaps add some features.

If anyone is interested drop me a PM.

Primarch

damned
February 6th, 2015, 08:24
I cant help you but please pass on my best wishes to lokiare1 - and thank you primarch for doing this too!

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/fg-con-6-150-12.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

tomjscott
February 6th, 2015, 14:30
I pray Lokaire1 gets well.

primarch
February 6th, 2015, 15:48
Hi!

I will pass on the well wishes when I hopefully next contact him. :)

In the meanwhile I am learning LUA and XML to continue the work myself.

Primarch

morgurth
February 12th, 2015, 19:52
I am interested in helping. I was originally trying to make my own 13th Age ruleset but the work happened and I spent most of the last 6 months flying to another state for a system deployment.

primarch
February 13th, 2015, 00:11
Hi!

Thanks for the offer morgurth, are you able to do some LUA scripting? There is a small amount of things left to include in the ruleset, then its all XML library construction.

Primarch

morgurth
February 13th, 2015, 17:00
I can. I'm not the fastest with it, but I've done enough scripting in other languages that I'm comfortable with it. Especially if it is tweaking existing scripts.

primarch
February 13th, 2015, 19:12
I can. I'm not the fastest with it, but I've done enough scripting in other languages that I'm comfortable with it. Especially if it is tweaking existing scripts.

Hi!

Drop me an e-mail morguth here: [email protected]

I will get you the latest "build" (its not the one available on this thread, there have been some bug fixes since) as well as the short list of things to tweak.

My humble thanks for giving me a hand. :)

Primarch

acseric
July 7th, 2015, 22:28
Hi Guys,

Any update on this?

Thanks,

Eric

dulux-oz
July 9th, 2015, 04:44
I've been commissioned by primarch to do this - the deal we struck means that while I'm the Ruleset Author he has the copyright (and he has worked out a copyright deal with the 13th Age authors as well).

So I can't give you a copy, and primarch does not has a license to sell any copies, but when its done he might - might - be able to provide a copy - but the copyright deal with the 13th Age authors is... murky... as far as providing a 13th Age Ruleset to others is concerned.

Cheers

acseric
July 9th, 2015, 12:57
Awesome. Keep me posted as I am very interested. I am willing to pay or whatever for the ruleset if you guys can work out an arrangement with the 13th age folks.

Eric

phantomwhale
July 22nd, 2015, 12:34
Good to hear the ruleset is in good hands, and hope the legalities work themselves out.

I'd certainly be keen to pay for a working 13th Age ruleset; or equally keen to contribute towards an open-source "copyright-safe" version, should such a thing be possible. (e.g. one that emulates the mechanisms, without infringing on IP material) - although it sounds like the former is more likely ? And certainly more "familiar" in the scheme of FGII offerings.

dulux-oz
July 22nd, 2015, 14:15
Good to hear the ruleset is in good hands

Thanks you the vote of confidence - it means a lot to me to have a such an accomplished fellow dev say such a thing - thank you.

Phoo667
August 20th, 2015, 01:19
My rp group is kinda on hold due to the family and work people are moving so getting together for a weekly game in person is virtually impossible. So we are toying with the idea of playing via fantasy grounds but our game of choice is 13th Age. We were hoping there was an update because this would be a godsend it would mean we could continue playing our favorite game.

fictionalbeing
August 20th, 2015, 01:26
Pelgrane Press (publishers of 13th Age) announced at GenCon that they had joined with Roll20 to provide online gaming support.

Phoo667
August 20th, 2015, 04:48
Thanks ill look that up

phantomwhale
August 20th, 2015, 05:25
Pelgrane Press (publishers of 13th Age) announced at GenCon that they had joined with Roll20 to provide online gaming support.

Hope that wasn't an exclusive deal :(

dulux-oz
August 20th, 2015, 08:11
Hope that wasn't an exclusive deal :(

It can't be, from what I've seen of the existing "doco" and as I understand things - not unless someone has updated something and I wasn't informed, or someone has broken a pre-existing contract (generally referred to by the Lawyers as "A REALLY Bad Thing").

damned
August 20th, 2015, 09:39
It can't be, from what I've seen of the existing "doco" and as I understand things - not unless someone has updated something and I wasn't informed, or someone has broken a pre-existing contract (generally referred to by the Lawyers as "A REALLY Bad Thing").

Might have to work faster young padawan!

Mask_of_winter
August 20th, 2015, 10:13
You can't rush an artist hehe

dulux-oz
August 20th, 2015, 10:20

And just, pray tell, when am I supposed to do that - I've got people asking me about the new Locations version, I've got people asking about new Videos, I've got people asking me to GM new games, I've got only a few weeks before FGCon and I've got you (& others) wanting me to run my Maze(TM) Adventure (which I've got to finish), the Tax Man wants money out of me, the Car Lease People want money out of me, I desperately need a girlfriend (everyone says so) and I'm trying to find time to look, I need to sleep sometime (& no, not when I'm dead) and, oh yes, "life" keeps rearing its ugly head and interrupting me as well. :p

I know, I know, cut back on something - but its all so goooooooood, I enjoy it so much (the hobby stuff, not the rest of it - although the girlfriend might be "nice") and it feels good to be wanted, plus I've made the commitments, and if there's one thing that I pride myself on its keeping my commitments.

I suppose I could cut my sleep quota in half, and not take time out to bathe, and order pizza everyday - but I'm a big enough geek as it is...

:p

And just in case anyone missed it: <sarcasm /> <humor /> ;)

Cheers

dulux-oz
August 20th, 2015, 10:23
You can't rush an artist hehe

True - do you know any?

Jarvin
October 31st, 2015, 23:03
Any news on this? Don't want to sound pushy or anything, but I'm wanting to start up a 13th Age campaign and this would be a godsend! :)

dulux-oz
November 1st, 2015, 00:51
Well, as I said in Post #33, I'm not a liberty to provide the Ruleset - but its coming along slowly.

If I were you I wouldn't wait - I'd get started using the CoreRPG or 4E Ruleset, because this one's going to be a while - sorry.

Cheers

damned
November 1st, 2015, 01:27
If you use CoreRPG then have a look at the MoreCore extension to go with it.

David32780
December 16th, 2015, 09:15
Well, as I said in Post #33, I'm not a liberty to provide the Ruleset - but its coming along slowly.

If I were you I wouldn't wait - I'd get started using the CoreRPG or 4E Ruleset, because this one's going to be a while - sorry.

Cheers

Hello Oz
Is there a list of changes between the posted version and the version that is slowly being worked on?

Thanks in advance!

dulux-oz
December 16th, 2015, 09:40
Hello Oz
Is there a list of changes between the posted version and the version that is slowly being worked on?

Thanks in advance!

No, there's not (well, there is, but its not for public release) - the issue is that the parties involved would like to keep things "under wraps" due to potential "commercial in confidence" considerations - but I can tell you this: the version as it stands now has most of the bugs ironed out (we think) and accounts for all of the major and minor rules (again, we're pretty sure) to the point where we've started (tentatively) working on resource-modules.

Now, having said all that - I don't own it so I can't give you anything more (including the Ruleset itself) but progress is being made and - hopefully - we'll be able to make it available to others, but its going to be Soon(TM).

Cheers

BTW, we doing that "thing" sometime?

David32780
December 16th, 2015, 10:51
PM Sent Oz

David32780
December 16th, 2015, 14:53
Does anyone else have the problem with this 13th Age .pak ruleset with typing data into either the Story or Notes Tabs? I get these errors.
Is there a way to fix this so I can enter raw data into these tabs?

Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (rightanchor) in windowclass (note)
Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (name) in windowclass (note)
Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (rightanchor) in windowclass (note)
Ruleset Error: window: No vertical anchor defined for control (name) in windowclass (note)

dulux-oz
December 17th, 2015, 00:26
That would be caused by some of the issues you and I discussed via PM - the version of the Ruleset available on this thread (v1/v2)- while good - does not follow the Child-Ruleset Model as closely as it should, and thus as we move more and more away from FGv3.04 (the version which 13Av1 "forked" from) the more issues people are going to have. That's one of the reasons I was commissioned to do 13Av3.

So sorry, the only way to fix it is to re-write/update the Ruleset.

Cheers

David32780
December 17th, 2015, 05:34
Ack

This was actually the first problem I had getting any errors using the plug in. Oh well, it was worth a try.

Thanks again Oz.

damned
December 20th, 2015, 14:06
for any that might be interested...
https://bundleofholding.com/presents/13thAge

ianmward
December 20th, 2015, 21:33
Yeah I grabbed that! Loads of goodness!

hawkwind
December 21st, 2015, 19:33
Me too which brings me to the question of does the rule set in first post work with the current version of FG or would Core with Dammed's extension be a better way forward?

David32780
December 21st, 2015, 20:35
Hawkwind, the posted ruleset for 13th Age is actually really solid to use EXCEPT for entering data into the story and notes journals. That is where the errors start to happen. I have a friend looking at the .pak file now and he is going to fix the errors which were the only ones and I tested the entire ruleset.

When I get the revised ruleset I will post the new version so everyone will have a working version of it.

hawkwind
December 22nd, 2015, 09:44
look forward to it

David32780
December 24th, 2015, 11:48
A friend of mine who programs just sent me the modified version where the Story and Notes tab works 100%. YAYYY, a working version of the ruleset. I requested a couple of color changes which he said will not take long at all so hopefully by the end of the day I will have the finished version posted for everyone!

Thanks to Wermfood!

David32780
January 4th, 2016, 09:02
I have decided to hold the 13th Age .pak file because of the changes made that modified the original file.

Sorry folks

spite
January 14th, 2016, 03:15
So is there currently any way to get ahold of or buy a working 13th age ruleset?

David32780
January 14th, 2016, 03:26
So is there currently any way to get ahold of or buy a working 13th age ruleset?

There are a few but I do not know if the owners will ever offer the ruleset to the community or get with Pelgrane Press and Rob Heinsoo on getting it officially licensed.

Hopefully someone comes forward with one.

dulux-oz
January 14th, 2016, 05:16

Not currently, no.

There is one in the works, and there have been some (preliminary) discussions with Doug, etc, but for the moment what I suggest is use the CoreRPG for your 13th Age games.

Hopefully there will be more news later.

hawkwind
January 23rd, 2016, 08:19
Is there not a 13th Age SRD? Would there be any issues with distributing a module containing it?

dulux-oz
January 23rd, 2016, 08:54
I suppose it depends upon what was actually distributed and under which license.

Then there's the ongoing issue of "forking" where person A's module doesn't work (or work correctly) with person B's extension, which in-turn doesn't work (or work correctly) with person C's ruleset, which means that someone spends a whole lot of time and effort producing something that ends up being wasted effort.

But its worth taking a look at, if people are keen.

Just my $0.02 woth

Cheers

hawkwind
February 14th, 2016, 23:04
Any news? Thinking about running a 13th age game for the next FG-con in April?

dulux-oz
February 14th, 2016, 23:44
Nope, no news - sorry

lokiare
March 16th, 2016, 12:34
People want to throw their money at 13th Age but the company isn't letting them... sad really...

David32780
March 16th, 2016, 14:19
People want to throw their money at 13th Age but the company isn't letting them... sad really...

It sure is.

phantomwhale
March 17th, 2016, 05:17
Is that the story ? I really don't know after reading through this thread. It's very cloak and dagger stuff, proper mysterious.

lokiare
March 20th, 2016, 06:06
The part I played was that I was commissioned to make the rule set for someone not involved with 13th Age. I made it, and they contacted the makers of 13th Age, which said we weren't allowed to sell it. We also couldn't make any of the library modules public. I released it with the permission of the person that commissioned me.

In reality you could make one and distribute it outside of the Fantasy Grounds website as long as you don't use any of the 13th Age copyrighted materials, things like logos, terminology specific to 13th Age, etc...etc... however it would be in a legal gray area and the way US courts work, if they decided to sue you, they would probably win.

The best bet is to contact them and ask if its ok to make and distribute one freely. They might go for that, especially if you label it as 'unofficial'.

damned
March 20th, 2016, 06:27
You cannot copyright the name of a game.
Thus you can use the name 13th Age in a ruleset.

You cannot copyright the idea behind the game.
You cannot copyright the mechanics of a game.
Thus you can create a 13th Age ruleset even if the publishers are opposed to it.

You can copyright the logo.
You can copyright the text of your rulebooks - where this text is original (eg no one can copyright a goblin or a skeleton or a fireball or a long sword or a cleric or a rogue).
You can copyright the names and histories of (original) people and places and god etc.
So you cannot produce library reference modules for public distribution. You cannot use an official logo in your publicly distributed works.

Copyright law does provide for both making backups and for format shifting.
So you can make modules for your own use.
There is argument that you could make a module that contains only mechanics and non "product identity" that is available for distribution. See below. I think this has potential risk to you ranging from a C&D order to being sued. particularly if the publisher is opposed to you doing this in the first place.

I am not a lawyer.
So you should make up your own mind or consult an actual lawyer for better clarity.

lokiare
March 20th, 2016, 09:41
You cannot copyright the name of a game.
Thus you can use the name 13th Age in a ruleset.

You cannot copyright the idea behind the game.
You cannot copyright the mechanics of a game.
Thus you can create a 13th Age ruleset even if the publishers are opposed to it.

You can copyright the logo.
You can copyright the text of your rulebooks - where this text is original (eg no one can copyright a goblin or a skeleton or a fireball or a long sword or a cleric or a rogue).
You can copyright the names and histories of (original) people and places and god etc.
So you cannot produce library reference modules for public distribution. You cannot use an official logo in your publicly distributed works.

Copyright law does provide for both making backups and for format shifting.
So you can make modules for your own use.
There is argument that you could make a module that contains only mechanics and non "product identity" that is available for distribution. See below. I think this has potential risk to you ranging from a C&D order to being sued. particularly if the publisher is opposed to you doing this in the first place.

I am not a lawyer.
So you should make up your own mind or consult an actual lawyer for better clarity.

While you can do all those things, they can also send you a Cease and Desist order from their lawyers, file an injunction to prevent you from distributing and then tie you up in court until you run out of money and then convince the jury that you are infringing on their property. Basically they would win, regardless of whether it was correct and lawful.

In general you don't want to ever go up against a company, especially if they have deep pockets.

damned
March 20th, 2016, 10:03
While you can do all those things, they can also send you a Cease and Desist order from their lawyers, file an injunction to prevent you from distributing and then tie you up in court until you run out of money and then convince the jury that you are infringing on their property. Basically they would win, regardless of whether it was correct and lawful.

In general you don't want to ever go up against a company, especially if they have deep pockets.

If you stick to 1 and 2 and dont do 4 the law is quite specific.
They cant take you to court because they dont have a case.
It wont get accepted by the courts.

Notice how the Wizards never took Smiteworks to court for the 4e or 5e rulesets?
Monte Cook Games doesnt want to license Numenera but you can still have a ruleset.

However you are doing 5 which is perfectly acceptable :)

damned
March 20th, 2016, 10:18
BTW Im not attempting to thumb my nose at the publishers. Pelgrane publish some great games and I fully respect peoples/companies copyrights. Im just pointing out that you do have some rights that US law provides.

lokiare
March 20th, 2016, 14:40
BTW Im not attempting to thumb my nose at the publishers. Pelgrane publish some great games and I fully respect peoples/companies copyrights. Im just pointing out that you do have some rights that US law provides.

Yes, unfortunately in the US legal system none of that matters. Companies do this kind of thing all the time. Here are some links that show what I'm talking about:
https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-delay-tactics-used-by-litigation-lawyers-to-drag-out-a-lawsuit
https://www.hg.org/article.asp?id=31638

Its actually pretty sad and shows how bad our legal system needs an overhaul.

hawkwind
April 4th, 2016, 12:20
you would of thought you would be ok running the rule set of the the free SRD version of the game

damned
April 4th, 2016, 13:05
The SRD allows you to actually reproduce a certain amount of content and is a legally binding agreement - binding on them also.
There isnt a lot of content in the 13th Age SRD.
In reality large chunks of 13th Age are the Wizards SRD/OGL content.
https://www.13thagesrd.com/legal

Anyways the team in question have formed their own considered opinions and have decided not to release which is a valid stance.

hawkwind
April 8th, 2016, 17:38
indeed its there work so they can do what they want with it. Good job we have CORErpg and the fabulous Morecore extension looks like its possible to run 13th age with. I will find out tonight when I try to run a 13th Age game tonight at FG Con

hawkwind
April 12th, 2016, 18:45
attached are some morecore 13th age character sheets, feel free to use or modify

waderockett
April 18th, 2016, 16:36
Someone brought this thread to my attention on Google+, and I talked with other folks from Fire Opal and Pelgrane about it over the weekend. We created the 13th Age SRD for just this kind of thing, and recently released version 3.0 which includes content from all three core books: 13th Age, the Bestiary, and 13 True Ways.

We would love for someone to release a 13th Age compatible rules set on Fantasy Grounds using the SRD, under the terms of the compatibility license. If that's something you want to do, please contact Simon Rogers at Pelgrane Press -- he's out of the office now but will be back later in the week.

But yes, at this point there's nothing stopping anyone from creating and releasing a 13th Age compatible FG rules set as long as they follow the terms of the compatibility license and use what's in the SRD. Go for it, and Simon will be glad to answer any questions you may have. He's spread thin running several small companies at once, so it sometimes takes a bit for him to reply.

Jarvin
April 19th, 2016, 00:56
Someone brought this thread to my attention on Google+, and I talked with other folks from Fire Opal and Pelgrane about it over the weekend. We created the 13th Age SRD for just this kind of thing, and recently released version 3.0 which includes content from all three core books: 13th Age, the Bestiary, and 13 True Ways.

We would love for someone to release a 13th Age compatible rules set on Fantasy Grounds using the SRD, under the terms of the compatibility license. If that's something you want to do, please contact Simon Rogers at Pelgrane Press -- he's out of the office now but will be back later in the week.

But yes, at this point there's nothing stopping anyone from creating and releasing a 13th Age compatible FG rules set as long as they follow the terms of the compatibility license and use what's in the SRD. Go for it, and Simon will be glad to answer any questions you may have. He's spread thin running several small companies at once, so it sometimes takes a bit for him to reply.

Fantastic news! Thanks so much for your help, Wade.

damned
April 19th, 2016, 02:06
Hey waderockett welcome and thanks for dropping in.
Thats great news.

hawkwind
April 19th, 2016, 07:35
lets hope the authors /owners of the revised rule set arrive at some some arrangement with Pelgrane and smiteworks whereby the ruleset can be released, looks like they will even be able to charge for it. I'm very keen to start some 13th Age organised play on Fantasy grounds as the material released so far is excellent, much better than some of the frankly rubbish adventures put out for the Adventurers League/5e.

phantomwhale
April 20th, 2016, 05:14
lets hope the authors /owners of the revised rule set arrive at some some arrangement with Pelgrane and smiteworks whereby the ruleset can be released, looks like they will even be able to charge for it. I'm very keen to start some 13th Age organised play on Fantasy grounds as the material released so far is excellent, much better than some of the frankly rubbish adventures put out for the Adventurers League/5e.

At last check, I thought the owners / authors of the revised ruleset had walked away from Fantasy Grounds for now, so we may be too late. Unless someone want to start a new one from scratch... :cry:

Stx11
August 3rd, 2016, 16:35
Looks down... sees flag lying on the bloody ground... picks up banner and haltingly begins to struggle forward...

Talyn
August 3rd, 2016, 17:57
I think SmiteWorks still has agreements with Pelgrane for other products, maybe there's hope for 13th Age?

Stx11
August 3rd, 2016, 18:06
I've downloaded the latest version of the 13th Age SRD and am in the process of creating an entirely new Ruleset for it based on CoreRPG.

I'm new to Fantasy Grounds but I'm not new to XML or programming. I think I'm picking up on the framework pretty fast but there is still plenty to do both in migrating all the text into appropriate modules as well as getting an integrated, fully-functional character sheet that supports drag-and-drop Feats and Class Options.

It's going to take some time but I'll update people as I have things to show :)

damned
August 4th, 2016, 01:54
Stx11 there is some news on 13th Age coming very soon... you might hold on your efforts for this one...

Talyn
August 4th, 2016, 02:06
YAY!

Except BOO that we have to wait! lol

hawkwind
August 5th, 2016, 11:54
so much FG goodness in the pipeline with this and BRP being mentioned, now all i need is for Smiteworks to work out a way to extend the weekend by an extra day so i can play all this stuff

dulux-oz
August 12th, 2016, 02:58
Good news everyone!

I'm happy to be able to finally announce the Officially Licensed 13th Age Ruleset, Combined Bestiary Module and CoreRules Module have reached a point where we wanted to let everyone know that they are being worked on and will be submitted for final approval as soon as we can get them finalized.

We don't have a release date yet but progress is being made and we hope to have a release for you all soon. We don't want to rush this important project - like you we want it to be really good - but we wanted to let you all know because we know that you all are very keen to play 13th Age on Fantasy Grounds. So stay tuned and we'll try to keep everyone informed on our progress.

Oh, and as a side note, I'm personally happy to confirm that all of the Dulux-Oz Extensions (DOEs) have been tested and will work with the 13th Age Ruleset "straight out of the box".

Cheers

LordEntrails
August 12th, 2016, 04:21
Kudos!

Stx11
August 12th, 2016, 07:20
Great to hear!

Is this the full Archmage Engine (13th Age and 13 True Ways) implementation hopefully?

One of the main reasons I started working on this on my own was to have everything combined. It would be great to have it all together in FG.

hawkwind
August 12th, 2016, 08:06
I am so going to run some of the organised play adventures when this comes out. Will I be outdoor FG con?

NotRussellCrowe
August 12th, 2016, 11:44
Very great news and congratulations to everyone involved! Will 13th Age be getting its own forum as well?

Looking forward to learning and playing this system in the future!

dulux-oz
August 12th, 2016, 12:09
Yes, we intend the system to be the full archmage engine.

No, it won't be out for FG Con - we was serious when we said we want this to be good, so we really don't have an ETA yet (that's not just us being "cagey") - the same way that FG Unity doesn't have an ETA yet. We're working as fast as we can but we don't want to promise something and then not deliver.

Yes, the plan is for 13th Age to get its own Forum - if/when that'll happen is yet to be decided.

One extra piece of news (to show we are serious): we've organized with Devin Night (yes, the Token-Man himself) to use some of his excellent Tokens in the Bestiary. How many and which ones are yet to be decided, but thanks to Devin for working with us on this.

We'll try to keep people informed on things but it'll be on an ad-hoc basis - basically, please be patient with us - work on the idea that no news is good news, unless otherwise stated :)

Until next time

Cheers

kalnaren
August 12th, 2016, 14:22
Cool. I wanted to run 13th with my friends, but lack of a ruleset kept me from doing it. I'll be keeping an eye on this!

tomjscott
August 12th, 2016, 15:04
Congratulations! Great news. I look forward to running 13th Age on FG.

CryAxe
August 12th, 2016, 17:00
This is great news :-)

If the full breadth of the system is being released as a single ruleset, ie first core rulebook and 13 True Ways, then this is exciting. I hope this means that there will be ongoing support for all of the expanded material as well.

Thanks, Deluxe-Oz, and all involved. Thanks for the update and for making sure it meets high standards before it is released.

Trenloe
August 12th, 2016, 17:01
Very cool news. :)

hawkwind
August 12th, 2016, 21:52
Shane about it bit being ready for FG con as I ran a successful game of 13th Age last con and would like to run another...... If you need a play test.?

dulux-oz
August 13th, 2016, 03:00
If you need a play test.?

You can't imagine how many of those types of offers we've had :)

I'll add you to the list.

stefam
September 9th, 2016, 06:54
This is very exciting! I've been waiting for this so I can get my group on FG! It will be a huge jump - last tools I used were RPTools and DM Genie ;)
Dumb questions since I am new to FG:
1) Will this be the full 13th age rules with bestiary and book of loot? Or just the SRD materials?
2) Will 13th age then be one of the "Officially Licensed Systems" in FG?

Thx

dulux-oz
September 9th, 2016, 12:33
This is very exciting! I've been waiting for this so I can get my group on FG! It will be a huge jump - last tools I used were RPTools and DM Genie ;)
Dumb questions since I am new to FG:
1) Will this be the full 13th age rules with bestiary and book of loot? Or just the SRD materials?
2) Will 13th age then be one of the "Officially Licensed Systems" in FG?

Thx

Nope, not dumb questions, legitimate ones for newbies and veterans alike.

1) It'll be more than just the SRDs, but it won't be absolutely everything at once - not unless people are prepared to wait a really, really long time. At this stage the plan is it'll be the Ruleset and one or two of the core books - basically enough for people completely new to 13th Age to pick it up and play. The rest of it will (probably) follow along later (so get in there and support us by buying the stuff so we can continue to produce more) :)

2) That's up to SmiteWorks - the stuff we're doping is licensed (which is why its more than just the SRDs) so I suppose it'll be one of FG's "Officially Systems" - let's wait and see how much interest there is (ie 'sales')

Cheers

stefam
September 9th, 2016, 18:20
Thanks! I'll watch this thread for more info! Now let me know when you can...

dulux-oz
September 10th, 2016, 08:27
Oh, we'll happily take them off your hands now - you won't get anything for a while, but we'll happily take them :p

CryAxe
November 2nd, 2016, 17:36
Hi Dulux-oz,
Are there any updates for the 13th Age, now that FG 3.2 is out?
Thanks

dulux-oz
November 3rd, 2016, 02:04
We're working on it, but we're only part-time (at best) so it'll be a while yet - I know people are anxious (desperate?) but its gonna take as long as it takes - unless you'd like it broken on release, of course :)

CryAxe
November 3rd, 2016, 02:20
No worries. I'm about to start a game, so thought I'd ask.
Thanks for the work you're doing.

Zhern
January 5th, 2017, 01:35
How is progress on this coming along, Dulux-Oz? I'm excited for it. Love some 13th Age!

dulux-oz
January 5th, 2017, 02:40
Its coming - got the Bestiary about 95%-98% complete, the CoreRules done to about 80% (give or take) and the Ruleset is basically 99+% done.

Just some adjustments, updates to FG to code for, and a few other things - but don't hold your breath, its still gonna be a while - "you can have it fast or good; your choice" :)

Mortar
January 5th, 2017, 02:42
that's what she said....

spite
January 5th, 2017, 02:46
After seeing the quality that our community can pump into rulesets, and the care you've put into your DOE series of extensions, I am super excited for this.

primarch
January 12th, 2017, 00:28
Hi!

It will be worth the wait. :)

Primarch

dulux-oz
January 12th, 2017, 01:04
Hi!

It will be worth the wait. :)

Primarch

And Primarch should know - he and his group are the play-testers for the Ruleset (among other things) :)

Zhern
January 12th, 2017, 02:02
Can't wait!

n00b 0hemian
May 6th, 2017, 00:35
Hi All!

Been poking around as I was directed here by a friend that mentioned seeing this thread regarding 13th Age content addition for FG. I see the last post has been quite some time ago and I'm not finding any other threads or updates elsewhere...... Is this still a possible thing at some point in the future?

damned
May 6th, 2017, 01:29
Hi All!

Been poking around as I was directed here by a friend that mentioned seeing this thread regarding 13th Age content addition for FG. I see the last post has been quite some time ago and I'm not finding any other threads or updates elsewhere...... Is this still a possible thing at some point in the future?

Its close, very close... maybe not close enough to smell, but almost there...

dulux-oz
May 6th, 2017, 03:17

Oh, I don't know - there might be a whiff in the air...

Matchstick
May 10th, 2017, 17:13
Awesome! I'm looking forward to this!

n00b 0hemian
June 10th, 2017, 19:04

*sniff* *sniff*..... What's that I smell? ???? ;)

Any update on something like this taking flight?

dulux-oz
June 11th, 2017, 05:45
*sniff* *sniff*..... What's that I smell? ???? ;)

Any update on something like this taking flight?

Its coming along - its only being worked on part-time and its a big job getting the Ruleset AND the Bestiary and CoreRules Modules done, but it is progressing.

We are keenly aware how anticipated this is and how much people want it - but its written in a more "free-flowing" way than ant of the WotC stuff which requires more work to "get it right".

So, no ETA yet (for the same reasons SW don't give an ETA on FGU) but it is progressing.

Cheers

Asterionaisien
June 12th, 2017, 13:07
It will be a free ruleset or a paid one? If it is the second, how much it will cost?

dulux-oz
June 12th, 2017, 13:31
It will be a free ruleset or a paid one? If it is the second, how much it will cost?

Considering its licensed content it'll be a paid Ruleset (like C&C, CoC and Savage Worlds).

As to how much, that's up to Smite Works, the publishers of 13th Age and others to decide - I'm just the hired hand getting paid to do the grunt work :)

But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves - we've got to get the thing done, first!

Cheers

dsaraujo
June 13th, 2017, 23:00
I would easily pay up front or Kickstart this. I'm holding my next 13th Age campaign due to this. :)

Update: starting my new campaign today, unfortunately on Roll20. I'd easily buy the Ultimate upgrade if 13th age module was available.

fantasmamore
July 2nd, 2017, 09:32
I am also interested in a 13th age ruleset! So, I am happy to read the news. I also hope that there will be a discount for us that have bought the books but even if not, that's ok. I am super excited to have (only recently) bought FG :) Future looks promising!

dulux-oz
August 13th, 2017, 05:10
Before anyone gets too excited, we've got a small announcement to make.

We're putting out feelers for two or three gaming groups who might - that's might - be interested in doing some early beta-testing on the 13th Age Ruleset. This would be to help us locate any hidden bugs and to see about the "playability" of the Ruleset. Note that this would not be suitable for a real "live" campaign but would be OK for a couple of one-offs or even maybe a short "mini-series" - but expect things to break. In other words, this truly would be an early beta-test, not a pre-release, so your expectations would need to be set accordingly.

For everybody else, yes, you can read this as a further announcement of our progress and that we're getting very close to having this ready for general release.

We only want a couple of GMs and their players, and we would prefer those who we know and who have some past experience with FG and testing. This is not to say that we don't value others, its just that we still need to keep this close until we're more ready for general release to the FG Store.

So, if you think you fit the bill for the type of person we're looking for please get in touch - we'll evaluate the list of those who are interested and move forward on getting the 13th Age Ruleset and a couple of the Source Books (as Modules) released as fast as we can, before moving on to some of the others.

Cheers

spite
August 13th, 2017, 05:50
Hey Dulux,
I'd love to put myself forth to test this. I have a regular group of players that I play multiple games and systems each weekend, and regularly test various Test versions for FG so we are well used to stress testing things and trying to get things to break.
I also have a large range of 13th age books and supplements that I'd love another reason to crack open again!
Happy to send you an email with any more details you need, but consider this my expression of interest.
Cheers,

dulux-oz
August 13th, 2017, 06:49
Oh, and one other thing - if anyone is good with graphics and Photoshop and would like to help out with the creation/modification of a couple of Sidebar/Menubar Buttons (to complete the set for the 13th Age Ruleset), please let us know - thanks :)

Cheers

fantasmamore
August 13th, 2017, 08:57
if anyone is good with graphics and Photoshop and would like to help out with the creation/modification of a couple of Sidebar/Menubar Buttons (to complete the set for the 13th Age Ruleset), please let us know...

I can't help with the playtesting, since I play in-person with my friends, but maybe I could help with the graphics - I am a graphic designer after all. However I have never created or modified graphics for FG. If you are interested contact me in PM.

Blakey
September 12th, 2017, 17:34
Hey guys,

Any ETA on this? I've a new 13th Age campaign starting next month. Will this be ready in time? I'm converting Rise of the Runelords for it.

If not how possible is it to use 13th Age with FG? I'm not yet a subscriber - we use roll20 - but FG looks superb and I'd like to convert ASAP.

Thanks
Blakey

dulux-oz
September 12th, 2017, 18:29
It's coming along, but it won't be ready in a month. Perhaps - perhaps - by Christmas - it all depends on how good a coder I am and how long it takes SmiteWorks to "approve" (or whatever the term is for what they do :) ) our work.

So, ETA = Soon(™) - we don't give out ETA's because we don't want to disappoint people - "You can have it quick or good - me, I prefer good".

David32780
September 16th, 2017, 01:53
It's coming along, but it won't be ready in a month. Perhaps - perhaps - by Christmas - it all depends on how good a coder I am and how long it takes SmiteWorks to "approve" (or whatever the term is for what they do :) ) our work.

So, ETA = Soon(™) - we don't give out ETA's because we don't want to disappoint people - "You can have it quick or good - me, I prefer good".

Thanks for the hard work on this Oz. I for one would rather wait longer on something that is more complete or "good".

Amy
September 18th, 2017, 22:36

I'm really excited for this, I just found out about FG and I run 13th Age for FireOpal at cons, I would love to help you test this.

Medriza
September 21st, 2017, 02:56
Just found this thread and didn't even know this was happening. I'm excited! I've got a 5E campaign that is wrapping up in late November (or thereabouts), so I'm preparing to sacrifice my first born over here for that Christmas release!

n00b 0hemian
October 8th, 2017, 19:46
Just found this thread and didn't even know this was happening. I'm excited! I've got a 5E campaign that is wrapping up in late November (or thereabouts), so I'm preparing to sacrifice my first born over here for that Christmas release!

A Christmas release sounds amazing! I was just checking back in since my last post on this thread back in June (out of respect for the patience and work that goes into this sort of thing) and am thrilled this hasn't been dropped/forgotten! An amazing Christmas present to get myself as I've been waiting for this to purchase FG for my group.

Thanks again for all the efforts on behalf of all us 13th Agers out there (of which I know we are few.... but are proud/excited! :o )

dulux-oz
October 9th, 2017, 01:55
OK, let's not get ourselves too excited - I said in Post #134 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22447-13th-Age-rule-set-released-(Beta)&p=354288&viewfull=1#post354288) that it would PERHAPS be by Christmas, but there is no guarantee and no promises being made - I don't want people disappointed and then coming back at me and the rest of the team because it hasn't made that deadline - it may not - so everybody please just keep that in mind.

Yes, I understand that people are keen and eager, but if we release it too soon then you'll be disappointed because it won't work right - "You can have it good or quick. Me, I prefer good."

dulux-oz
October 11th, 2017, 05:50
Hi All,

Well, things are progressing well enough with The 13th Age Ruleset and the Modules that I'm actually starting to consider how the Ruleset is going to interact with some of the Extensions available, such as the DOEs. With that in mind I desperately need someone(s) with some graphical experience (probably Photoshop) to do us up some 13th Age-style Menubar/Sidebar Buttons for the DOEs - as I've exclaimed on numerous occasions in the past, my graphic works SUX!

So if you'd like to lend a hand please drop me a PM - I can provide template images for most of the required buttons, but you will have to manipulate then to produce what we require - thanks.

Full Bleed
October 11th, 2017, 09:59
Hi All,

Well, things are progressing well enough with The 13th Age Ruleset and the Modules that I'm actually starting to consider how the Ruleset is going to interact with some of the Extensions available, such as the DOEs. With that in mind I desperately need someone(s) with some graphical experience (probably Photoshop) to do us up some 13th Age-style Menubar/Sidebar Buttons for the DOEs - as I've exclaimed on numerous occasions in the past, my graphic works SUX!

So if you'd like to lend a hand please drop me a PM - I can provide template images for most of the required buttons, but you will have to manipulate then to produce what we require - thanks.
Doesn't sound too complicated. Throw the template images and reference materials up on dropbox (or other share site) and I'll take a swing at it.

Zugruul
October 11th, 2017, 13:08
Hi All,

Sent you a PM.

dulux-oz
November 21st, 2017, 06:09
Hi All.

So, I thought I'd give you all an update - the Ruleset is DONE!(*) and has gone to SmiteWorks for final QA. I suspect that this shouldn't take to long, so I hope (that's hope) it'll be out by Christmas - that is, of course, entirely in SmiteWorks hands and the actual release date is subject to and controlled by them.

In addition, the Bestiary Module is also complete and has also gone to SW for QA. Again, I hope it'll be released by Christmas as well.

The CoreRules Module is nearing completion. Whether it is ready in time for Christmas or not depends both on how much RL interferes with me between now and then and also on how long SW takes to QA it once I get it to them. SW may delay releasing everything until all three are ready to "hit the store" or they may get the Ruleset and the Bestiary out for Christmas and then release the CoreRules as soon as possible afterwards - that's up to them.

Finally, I suspect that this thread will be closed down (& I intend for this to happen, as one of the Moderators) once things are Released and create / have created a 13th Age Thread in the Game Systems Section of the Forums - I'll make sure there are some cross-links from one to the other when (if?) this happens.

(*) A Coupe of notes:

When I say "done" I mean tested and debugged to a release standard, not 100% complete with every single options and automation included - there may be hidden bugs we haven't found yet (like occasionally still show up in the 3E, 5E and Savage Worlds Rulesets), some of the "outlier" and edge-case situations need manual input from the GM (or Players), and there will be things that will need to be worked into the Ruleset as time moves forward - but I am proud to put my name to the work and to have it played with by all of you.
We still need a couple of (4) Menubar/Sidebar Buttons created for us BEFORE the Ruleset can be released - circumstances have worked against us so far and so this is the one outstanding issue to be resolved. If you are any good with Photoshop / graphic work AND can devote the time over the next 4-6 days to do the work, and would like to volunteer, please drop me an email at [email protected].

Cheers

hawkwind
November 21st, 2017, 08:45
Congratulations on getting it done, I'm looking forward to buying it, 13th Age Glorantha next?

ianmward
November 21st, 2017, 08:45
Great News Dulux! Well done indeed! I know how hard it can be to go that last mile (or millimeter...)

dulux-oz
November 21st, 2017, 10:55
Congratulations on getting it done, I'm looking forward to buying it, 13th Age Glorantha next?

No, the next things planned are the Bestiary 2 and 13 True Ways (at this stage), after that, well, we'll see how things go :)

spite
November 21st, 2017, 19:40
Yessss!
Nice work!

dulux-oz
November 28th, 2017, 02:08
Sorry Everyone, but I've got some disappointing news.

We've run into a couple of issues which require some remedial work on the Bestiary and CoreRules Modules (and therefore impacting on the Ruleset). The result is that there is practically almost no chance we'll get this out by Christmas or even out for the post-Christmas sale period - sorry.

At this stage it is unknown exactly how long it will take for this remedial work to be done, except to say I'll be doing what I can as quickly as I can.

So, I'll update everyone when we're back on track, but until then "no news is good news" :)

Cheers

MadBeardMan
December 3rd, 2017, 21:56
Sorry Everyone, but I've got some disappointing news.

We've run into a couple of issues which require some remedial work on the Bestiary and CoreRules Modules (and therefore impacting on the Ruleset). The result is that there is practically almost no chance we'll get this out by Christmas or even out for the post-Christmas sale period - sorry.

At this stage it is unknown exactly how long it will take for this remedial work to be done, except to say I'll be doing what I can as quickly as I can.

So, I'll update everyone when we're back on track, but until then "no news is good news" :)

Cheers

Chap, ah, I picked up the Rulebook today, going to read it in the week, once it's on FG I'll buy it, if you need help just ask.

Cheers

n00b 0hemian
February 3rd, 2018, 18:38
Hey there friends!

Just pinging to discover if no news is still good news after these few months? Otherwise, hope this post finds you all well, as I know things are always crazy as a new year kicks off. :)
Appreciate everything and all the work for incorporating 13th Age!

dulux-oz
February 4th, 2018, 03:15
It's coming - just a few minor hiccups, some required reformatting, and a few other minor things. I think the light at the end of the tunnel is no longer an oncoming train (still not gonna give any other ETA except Soon(TM)) :p

Targas
March 3rd, 2018, 10:30
I‘ve noticed 13th Age by a mentioning of it on the Profantasy website and wondered if there is another update on when it might become available?

dulux-oz
March 3rd, 2018, 11:09
I‘ve noticed 13th Age by a mentioning of it on the Profantasy website and wondered if there is another update on when it might become available?

It's coming - I'm putting the finishing touches to it (the Ruleset and the Modules) over the next week or so, so it shouldn't be too much longer - of course, SW needs to do their "stuff", so there's no ETA (except for Soon(TM) ) but yes, progress is being made - so stay tuned.

Targas
March 3rd, 2018, 12:06
It's coming - I'm putting the finishing touches to it (the Ruleset and the Modules) over the next week or so, so it shouldn't be too much longer - of course, SW needs to do their "stuff", so there's no ETA (except for Soon(TM) ) but yes, progress is being made - so stay tuned.

Woot +1 Cudos

joeblack1863
April 5th, 2018, 21:20
Any news?

Targas
April 5th, 2018, 21:31
Imwanted to ask as well... any news?

dulux-oz
April 6th, 2018, 03:31
Its coming - a couple of minor "fix-ups" from the quality control process.

More importantly, consider this: FG is in a test cycle for the next release - would you put out a new ruleset just before you put out a new release of the base product?

(And no, that doesn't mean that I know the ruleset will be released when FG is updated - the above is pure speculation from me :) )

Targas
April 6th, 2018, 06:02
More importantly, consider this: FG is in a test cycle for the next release - would you put out a new ruleset just before you put out a new release of the base product?
This is like ‚Will you buy a new PC, knowing a newer one will be available to buy soon?‘ :)

dulux-oz
April 6th, 2018, 06:42
This is like ‚Will you buy a new PC, knowing a newer one will be available to buy soon?‘ :)

Actually, its more like "Will you release your new movie on Laser Disc, knowing that BlueRay/HDVD is available soon" :)

damned
April 6th, 2018, 07:09
There is only about 10 weeks of the year that there isnt a new release in the test channel :)

Targas
April 18th, 2018, 06:09

(And no, that doesn't mean that I know the ruleset will be released when FG is updated - the above is pure speculation from me :) )
As 3.3.5 is out.. Pure speculation, too. Is it coming, now? :)

dulux-oz
April 18th, 2018, 06:35
As 3.3.5 is out.. Pure speculation, too. Is it coming, now? :)

As soon as I can get over the last healing of my surgery and get back to work :) (still can't fully use my left hand :( )

fantasmamore
April 18th, 2018, 09:04
As soon as I can get over the last healing of my surgery ...

Get well soon!

damned
April 18th, 2018, 11:09
As soon as I can get over the last healing of my surgery and get back to work :) (still can't fully use my left hand :( )

Hey mate - thats no good. I hope you are mending well.

dulux-oz
April 18th, 2018, 12:02
Yeah - thanks everyone - its coming along, just a PITA trying to type and be productive with only one hand. It's just short of 5 weeks, so I've got back maybe 80% use now, and the rest of it isn't far away, but its put a real dent in my FG-output across all sorts of things.

Oh well, such is life.

Cheers

Bidmaron
April 22nd, 2018, 14:54
Get better, Dulux! We need you, man!

Targas
May 12th, 2018, 14:33
Yeah - thanks everyone - its coming along, just a PITA trying to type and be productive with only one hand. It's just short of 5 weeks, so I've got back maybe 80% use now, and the rest of it isn't far away, but its put a real dent in my FG-output across all sorts of things.

Oh well, such is life.
Cheers
How does it go? Have you recovered? Can we expect to see 13th Age during this H2 2018?

dulux-oz
May 12th, 2018, 16:15
How does it go? Have you recovered? Can we expect to see 13th Age during this H2 2018?

I was actually expecting it last week or this week coming - still, it's out of my hands and with SmiteWorks, so it'll arrive when it arrives: Soon(TM)

:)

dulux-oz
May 29th, 2018, 16:16
With the official release of the 13th Age Ruleset today I'm shutting down this thread in anticipation of an official 13th Age Ruleset sub-forum in the Game Systems Forum. In the meantime - enjoy! :)