PDA

View Full Version : Was able to fix Waterborne Vehicle bug in Players Handbook by editing the .MOD file

jh79
October 29th, 2014, 06:39
I'm sure many of you are aware of this technique but for some that aren't, you can edit a .mod file without parsing, for example in the modules folder, If you have a parsed Players Handbook you can right click the Players Hanbook.mod then click open in the menu that pops up.

They're three files that appear, common.xml, definition.xml and a thumbnail if you used one. pull them out onto your desktop to work with.

I edited common.xml in notepad++ and fixed the Waterborne Vehicle bug, and another smaller bug, so now it's perfect and not bugging me :ninja:

You can also change the name of the Players Handbook in definition.xml if you don't like the original name but you'll have to put the new name in common.xml wherever the old name appeared, this way it won't break when your in Fantasy Grounds. You can also throw a thumbnail in if you forgot one, just name it the same and you won't have to re-edit common.xml

After you're all done and saved, highlight the 3 files on your desktop and right click on them and a menu appears.

Click send to - Compressed (Zipped) Folder - the new zipped folder should appear on your desktop, then rename the zipped file with the extension .mod instead of it's original .zip, something like Players Hanbook.mod, then put the new file in the modules folder and it will work good as new.

Just thought I would share that edit tip with you in case you have a small bug and you want to fix it without having to parse. Hope this helps someone.

El Condoro
October 29th, 2014, 12:44
Thanks jh79. Good tips.

epithet
October 30th, 2014, 20:54
Step one would be to get a parsed Player's Handbook. Not there yet.

jh79
October 31st, 2014, 06:01
For God sake's I just noticed the Armor Class AC was not populating under equipment, just fixed it with the same technique as original post.